Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's wrong with this game..? Played for a few seconds..Loved those seconds.

SararielSarariel Member UncommonPosts: 301

Is the game heavily relied on a cash shop and a pay to win model or something..? 

Why is the game really quiet?

Am I better sticking to Fallen earth?

Also! I'm in europe. Is the game dead here?

Comments

• El-HefeEl-Hefe Member UncommonPosts: 760

no idea if its pay to win, never looked into the cash shop.  i find the controls hard to get used to.  it can be a fun way to kill 30-45min.  everytime i play there are other people on, puts you in a group automatic.

I've got the straight edge.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

it's pretty shallow. zones are actually very small. it gets pretty repetitive as most missions are exactly the same. you have to buy guns/armor from the cash shop but they expire after a week so you have to buy them again. as above posted, it's fine if you want to jump in and have 30-45 minutes rampage through the streets but it gets boring fast. those that spend money always have the best guns, so you are forced to spend money if you really want to kick some ass.

there is really not much to do besides running quick timed missions over and over and over and over.....

there is absolutely no persistent world feel like in FE. it feels a lot more like and urban battle ground with timed pvp missions.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

This game can be extremely fun, but it is a bit of a crap shoot.

there's only like 3 zones, and they do get a bit repetative. Also, while it's not as P2W as other games, paying cashmoney does give you a very real advantage. For one, people who have maxed out influence and have bought the higher lvl modifications (especially health regen III) have an unfair advantage over those who don't. I've had certain matches going up against people with a rocket launcher & health regen III and there's almost no point in trying to beat them. All they have to do is hide around a corner & camp the objectives. If you don't kill them instantly you either die (rocket launcher) or they can simply duck behind cover and regen super quick.

Those situations aside, the game can be a lot of fun, and if they took the rocket launcer out of the game, it would actually be a pretty well balanced game.

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

I didn't play the new version, just the old version.  But there were some problems with that. Like, the missions were really repetitive. They had different descriptions, but in the end, they were all "go to point A and press the use-button" or "go to point A and shoot people who want to press the use-button".

Another problem was, that there were a lot of areas, to which you only got by jumping from one part of a building to the other and so on. That resulted in two problems. First, if the defenders were first at a point, they could do the jump tricks and be in a far superior position, and could easily shoot anyone coming near. While the attackers were at a severe disadvantage. That already sucked a lot. Also, finding all those hidden paths yourself is very difficult (and during combat impossible). So to have a c hance you were forced to find search the internet for guides and tutorials that showed you how to reach certain areas.

That sucked too. I want to be able to play a game and have a chance without spending hours on research.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• CamthylionCamthylion Member UncommonPosts: 220

Cash shop half ruined this game, that and 3rd party software...  I liked the game alot but I am not gonna play a MMO that lacks some kind of even playing field, and one that lets hackers run wild.

• HeracliusHeraclius Member Posts: 71

I'll tell you this: The game is full of hackers and whatnot.

It was full of hackers when it was under the old publisher, and it still is with the Reloaded version by GamersFirst.

I would play this game right away but I know there's lots of hackers out there and that really destroys this game.

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759

I don't know why but the graphics give me a head ache.  Some seems off and it messes with my vision.  I have never had that problem with any other game so I don't really understand why it is happening.

• ggbladeggblade Member Posts: 14

the pay to win that ppl say is correct in a way. cus u can buy better weapons trough cash shop that u cant get anywhere else, BUT if u play the game for a while u will learn one thing, skill beats P2W, ive never bought any weapons trough cash shop, yet ive been gold rank for about he last 6-9months ... hardly ever lose matches and the so called hackers i hardly ever meet, though ive been called a hacker multiple thimes, and been reported multiple thimes, so far, havent been banned, ive seen lately that if u are a beginner in this game its hard to learn u get put up against avarage to bad players, and becouse u constantly see children in chat saying ppl hack everythime they die u start thinking that ur playing against hackers yourself.

what i mean to say is, there are hackers yes , but like 1 in over 250 is maybe a hacker. otherwise its just a player that is genuinly better than you, the game itself is fun, best way to enjoy is going at it with some friends, ive spent countles of evenings playing with 4 ppl together on apb and having a total blast on it.

for ppl that already play the game and still say that P2W is all they can think of il just say this... [might sound like bragging ....]

i have 3 characters:

first one onley used the beginner weapon (star) with NO modifications and some pistols. lose maybe 1 in 5matches.

2nd char use close range weapons , (oca, and shotguns,) NO modifications and some variety of pistols . lose maybe 1/4 matches

3rd character uses far range, obeya, sniper and all those things, NO modifications, and a variety of pistols, though i onley play this char if im with 3or 4 ppl, cus far range is more a support and gets less kills, but i onley lose about 1/8 matches .

ggBlade,

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779

Originally posted by Heraclius

It was full of hackers when it was under the old publisher, and it still is with the Reloaded version by GamersFirst.

I would play this game right away but I know there's lots of hackers out there and that really destroys this game.

This!

IMO it's a great and fun game up until you start going up against hackers. Majority of them are using hacks from Aimjunkies.com. I stopped playing last summer and don't plan on trying it out again.

People complaining about it's repetitve nature, well, that's just about any game.

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!

Originally posted by StoneRoses

This!

IMO it's a great and fun game up until you start going up against hackers. Majority of them are using hacks from Aimjunkies.com. I stopped playing last summer and don't plan on trying it out again.

People complaining about it's repetitve nature, well, that's just about any game.

ever been 100% sure that they hack? ever had real actual proof? ive been called a hacker so many thimes i see it as a compliment on that game, ppl call u hacker just cus ur doing somthing they cant understand... there like, "How the hell did he know where i whas" wich can be easely explained by just mentioning this game is 3rd person, a person can easely look behind a wall without letting ppl see him, also teamspeak can be used to coordinate attacks, the onley real hack that is present is aimbot, though i havent seen it that many, somtimes i play a month without seeying one hacker. also, the onley way u see its a hackers is when he "snaps" and not while walking he suddenly snaps to you that even i can do, but snapping while shooting, thats how you see a true hacker, who cares about wallhack if u can freaking use your brain and look behind walls, and think where the game would let him respawn and think where the hell he would run to ... its unbelievable how many ppl are trowing hackusations at someone just better than them...

ggBlade,

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779

Originally posted by ggblade

This!

ever been 100% sure that they hack? ever had real actual proof? ive been called a hacker so many thimes i see it as a compliment on that game, ppl call u hacker just cus ur doing somthing they cant understand... there like, "How the hell did he know where i whas" wich can be easely explained by just mentioning this game is 3rd person, a person can easely look behind a wall without letting ppl see him, also teamspeak can be used to coordinate attacks, the onley real hack that is present is aimbot, though i havent seen it that many, somtimes i play a month without seeying one hacker. also, the onley way u see its a hackers is when he "snaps" and not while walking he suddenly snaps to you that even i can do, but snapping while shooting, thats how you see a true hacker, who cares about wallhack if u can freaking use your brain and look behind walls, and think where the game would let him respawn and think where the hell he would run to ... its unbelievable how many ppl are trowing hackusations at someone just better than them...

100% Yes! You're make some very good points, I am not saying you are wrong. I have gotten those same accusations on days when I was just on a roll, but then I kept running into the same folks who were so obvious and denied ever using hacks. Those same very folks eventually made it on Gamefirst bans and you got to see the list of players from what server they were from. I believe the EU servers had it the worst, but these guys eventually make it back to the servers with new accounts new names. I don't know how bad it is now, but it was terrible then. After 3 mons of this shit I called it quits, reminded me why I stopped playing shooter games.

Search Youtube for Aimjunkies, you can see for yourself how easliy accessible it is to obtain those hacks.

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!

Originally posted by ggblade

This!

100% Yes! You're make some very good points, I am not saying you are wrong. I have gotten those same accusations on days when I was just on a roll, but then I kept running into the same folks who were so obvious and denied ever using hacks. Those same very folks eventually made it on Gamefirst bans and you got to see the list of players from what server they were from. I believe the EU servers had it the worst, but these guys eventually make it back to the servers with new accounts new names. I don't know how bad it is now, but it was terrible then. After 3 mons of this shit I called it quits, reminded me why I stopped playing shooter games.

Search Youtube for Aimjunkies, you can see for yourself how easliy accessible it is to obtain those hacks.

i am aware of how easy it is to get those hacks, also could u say when u last played, cus i do remember being a lot more hackers a long while ago, but then g1 did  something that atleast got rid of the hackers for like 2weeks to a month, and since then i have onley seen 3 hackers (in the last 5months) but maybe that is becouse i am gold ranked, and maybe the hackers are already banned before they reach gold rank, wich is a possibility, also its true that hackers can easely come back, make new accounts cus its still a free to play game ... and the onley thing u have to do is just make sure u have fraps, and the second u see a hacker, then record him snapping, then just post that on the forums and switch district, and by the next day that account is banned. 

ggBlade,

• thunXathunXa Member UncommonPosts: 34

I have been playing APB from both companies.

In my opinion there was not much changes when i played.

I started APB again when it went over to G1 at beta only, but some time been spent on it again.

There were alot people playing at the same time, if i remember right the server i was playing had about 3000-5000 people online with the command to show the actual online time.

Its been very exciting for me for some time but as said above the zones and missions get very repetive.

But thats its gameplay. You also been playing CS1.6 dust2 forever and ever :)

P2W? Not really.

When i played it i put also money into it and i allways end up playing with the weapons mainly that was free to play.

Of course there was faster progress on getting them with the $, but it was definately not P2W for me

Here a few videos from my excitement i had.

Was just some random recording over the last days i spent on playing it

• anothernameanothername Member UncommonPosts: 200

I do have some of these evil "pay to win" guns but my most successful kills I actually had with the free starter assault rifle while wearing a kevlar2 vest. Successful enough that in one run (the best I ever had) I was kicked by the teamleader who in very colorful words expressed what I might do with his genitals and accused me of hacking :(

It was a quite shocking experience since I'm not even good at these type of game. It was kind of a big compliment and a kick in the balls the same time ;)

If you mix the most vicious of the EvE community with the most immature examples of the WoW community you have the APB community (with exceptions of course). Thats at least what keeps me sometimes from playing.

The game itself was a pleasant surprise. I initially d/ld it only to see the high praised character creator. Since I usually dislike PvP in MMOs I never thought I would actually play it occasionally.

• RhianneRhianne Member UncommonPosts: 58
    Originally posted by anothername

If you mix the most vicious of the EvE community with the most immature examples of the WoW community you have the APB community (with exceptions of course). Thats at least what keeps me sometimes from playing.

Very well said. I agree. Including the bit about what keeps me from playing.

Though APB IMO has the most immature players of any game I have ever played, even more than WoW. Maybe I haven't been around WoW enough.