Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

keeps getting better

13»

Comments

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

Hey, I got my money worth, bought it, played it 5-6 weeks, ran into bugged end game (no biggy, disappointing, but I doubt I would of been overwhelmed if it worked anyway, daily grind stuff is boring to me) and I quit playing.  Tried playing alts, but 90% of the quests you are redoing, and it just didn't have much replayability for me.  I also felt like 80-90% of the planets were rat mazes, and when reading and listening to things before launch, I thought it would be a lot more open, and being able to get off the rail and do more...I know that quote was older, but I never saw anything official saying they changed their mind...Like I said, I got my money worth, a month or so of play is worth the price of a box, just not a continued sub.

I played a staight dark side sorc and my wife played a light side sorc, our stories were pretty much the same, she had to fight one less guy at the end, due to her giving him a warning in a battle, and I just didn't care to warn him (don't want to get into specifics, and ruin anything for people, hope that didn't).  I just personally didn't see much difference, even though we were playing polar opposites.  Other things they could do pretty easily, is when you defeat a rebel faction and make their leader join you or whatever you do, if it is appropriate, you should then make yourself neutral flagged to them, its not huge, but it would add some changing story aspect.

I think the big problem was the mixture of single player story, and mmo...The game would probably become a lobby if you made everything tailor made to your story, but the way they did it, it just didn't work for me...Everyone running around with the same companions (pets).  They added something, but they also took things away, I would of preferred to play without them, they were buggy when I left, and slow to get into the action a lot of the time.

But hey, if you are having fun, keep on playing, you don't need to play for other people, and I am sure they will keep adding to the game, if you don't like aspects and what they add are those aspects, then it's time to find a new game, but if you like them, then your golden.  I fell into the former, I felt something was missing, and what they were adding mostly was stuff that I wasn't crazy about.

I try to not come across as bashing the game, and i don't reply or visit their forum much, but just saw some posts, basically acting like people were lying, and I saw some of the same stuff when I played.  It is ok to defend the game, but some peoples complaints aren't presented with malice...I would say a lot are, but not all.

• DaRoamerDaRoamer Member Posts: 249

Originally posted by RefMinor

Originally posted by trash656

Originally posted by DaRoamer

Originally posted by trash656

To each his own my friend.

It's inconcievable to me that they spent 300 - 500 million making this game though.

That's because they didn't.  The official number is 200 million.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/01/20/the-force-is-with-swtor-ea-stock-bounces-back-budget-revealed/

And your point?

200 Million is still alot of money to make a MMO that has nothing new brought to the table. I can think of 3 differnt older MMO's that didn't even have close to that kind of budget and were better designed, and at least something new to offer to the table.

They should of taken that money and given it too the development team working on Archeage. At least they have some developers with some creativity and an IQ above 70

According to the Wiki Archeage has a budget of 25m dollars.

The economic work climate of Korea is vastly different than the US.  The Witcher 2 was made for 9 million but that's because it was made in Poland where the average wage is much lower.

trash656  - My point was you were incorrect about their budget but if you want to pretend that 200 million is the same as 500 million go ahead.  WoW had the biggest budget of any MMO at the time, 65 million, and they spent 200 million over the next 4 years of the game being live, so it's not unusual for AAA MMOs to cost a lot of money.  The reality is that game developement budgets have gone up as higher quality assets have been needed.  Higher polygon counts and higher resolution textures require much more time and effort than it did to create assets for games like EQ or vanilla WoW.  Full voice and fully animated and choreographed cut scenes requires exponentially more time and budget than a text box. 

Also, I wouldn't insult the intelligence of the developers when you actually write "should OF" in your post.

• DaRoamerDaRoamer Member Posts: 249

Originally posted by Voiidiin

Hmm not sure how this game can "keep getting better" when patch after patch breaks almost as much as it fixes.

Now with the "Jesus" patch coming Bioware is hoping a catch all patch will garner new subs ? Seriously 5 months from release and they add in ui customization ? Most garbage F2P mmos have this in there betas. 

Just seems odd how the game is getting better, when the population is faltering and the patches suck.

It's been 3 months, but who's counting?