Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trayvon Martin's Shooting

13»

Comments

• WaldoCornWaldoCorn Member UncommonPosts: 235

To me it's a shame that it happened. Did it have to, or need to happen? Did it avert some unforseen future trajedy? Did it cut off a life destined for good things?

Whatever the answers to any of those, or other questions, it happened. Who was right ? Who was wrong? I dont know, I wasn't there.

Did the dead guy see a gun and then fight for his life? Did the shooter see a threat then leave his property with a firearm, to protect his neighbors?

Lots of things I dont like about this deal.

Personally I got no buisness leaving my property with a gun over someone looking suspicious down the street, if thats what happened.

There should be a trial, to determine the legality's of the action, I mean an unarmed person, was killed, and was not in the comission of a crime, prior to his encounter with the shooter, as far as we know.

Bottom line for now, You tote a gun around off your property looking for trouble, nine times out of ten, you'll find it, and likely, someones gonna  be dead.

And dead is bad. In fact, it don't get any worse.

See the world and all within it.
    Live a lifetime in every minute.

• kobie173kobie173 Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

Originally posted by xxtriadxx

It illustrates that he is not 11! like he is in all the media pictures.

Trayvnon Martin ended up dead because Trayvon Martin decided to attack someone...and that is what all the evidence and witnesses show.....Trayvon Martin attacked Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin died for it.

Trayvon Martin was stalked by a vigilante for the crime of Walking While Black, defended himself against a perceived threat and got blown away.

So I started to walk into the water. I won't lie to you boys...I was terrified. But I pressed on, and as I made my way past the breakers, a strange calm came over me. I don't know if it was divine intervention or the kinship of all living things, but I tell you, Jerry, at that moment ... I was a marine biologist.

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

Originally posted by kobie173

Trayvnon Martin ended up dead because Trayvon Martin decided to attack someone...and that is what all the evidence and witnesses show.....Trayvon Martin attacked Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin died for it.

Trayvon Martin was stalked by a vigilante for the crime of Walking While Black, defended himself against a perceived threat and got blown away.

Really? You're stooping to using that phrase? Did you happen to read about the 8 robberies committed in the last 15 months in that neighborhood which all involved "young black males"? Martin fit a profile of a suspicious person and he was followed for that reason alone. Yes, young black male was the profile for robberies in the area. It wasn't young white males, young hispanic males, young asian males, or young black female - all robberies were attributed to young black males. It's nothing racist - its simple statistics.

In regards to the article I posted above, should I use the term Walking While White for the two white males who were shot because the guy thought they were "crackas in the projects"? 

Using terminiology like that is race pimping at its finest.

• SurfriderSurfrider Member UncommonPosts: 302

Per the ROC, please refrain from political debates in this thread.  Thanks.

• HauvarnHauvarn Member Posts: 220

The only problem with this is that people reach for guns to easily.  I mean honestly if he would have had a non-lethal wepaon none of this would have happened.  

I live in louisiana and the cops here pull guns out if you sneeze in thier direction, its ridculous. 

In fact I have personal experience with this.  Me and my friend where contacted by another person via facebook, he wanted to hang out but we didn't know exactly where he lived.  He told us what subdivision he lived in and said he'd be there in about 5 minutes.  Not thinking it a big deal I, I parked my car in front of a house and waited for him.  Now from 2 houses over I see this man walking towards me, I roll down my window and he starts yelling what the hell am I doing parked in the road.  I tell him I'm waiting for a friend and he freaks out, says he was robbed a week before and that he was a cop.  His wife then comes out (who also happened to be a cop) and starts video taping the whole thing and asks me and my friends name.  Now calmly we tell them our names and say why we were there and after about 3-5 minutes of being cursed at my friend starts to roll down his window to try and talk to the wife.  When this happened the guy cop pulled out his gun and put it to my face and at that point I hit the gas and never looked back.  

I know the whole situation could have been avoided if I knew the address of the persons house we were going to, but he lived only 10 minutes away and we both live in suburbs so people parking on the side of the rode isn't really a foriegn thing.  The whole point of me telling you this story though is to get accross the point that we head to lethal force to easily in a supposed civilized country.  It really is disgusting what some people think is justice.

Yes I played SWTOR.

• //\//\oo//\//\oo Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,767

Originally posted by Hauvarn

The only problem with this is that people reach for guns to easily.  I mean honestly if he would have had a non-lethal wepaon none of this would have happened.  

I know the whole situation could have been avoided if I knew the address of the persons house we were going to, but he lived only 10 minutes away and we both live in suburbs so people parking on the side of the rode isn't really a foriegn thing.  The whole point of me telling you this story though is to get accross the point that we head to lethal force to easily in a supposed civilized country.  It really is disgusting what some people think is justice.

Look, if people didn't act like stupid animals and commit violent crimes on a daily basis with firearms, cops wouldn't be forced to act like that.

You should see a police officer in a country with no crime; sure, they're assholes, but they are not used to being in constant fear of their lives.

Every state should be like Texas in that respect: If a person assaults you, you should have the right to defend yourself with lethal force. If you see somebody on your neighbors property when you've been given explicit orders to keep everybody out and you can ascertain that whoever it is is up to no good, let them have it.

American prisons are overrun; they have proven that rehabilitation is impossible. 

If capital punishment were doled out indiscriminately, we wouldn't have these problems.

This is a sequence of characters intended to produce some profound mental effect, but it has failed.

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

Originally posted by //\//\oo

Well it's smarter to bring more than fists to a potential gunfight. If everyone has a gun, or somebody reaches for your gun, you'd be stupid not to shoot him first. 

I meant shooting the aggressors knee caps.

• HauvarnHauvarn Member Posts: 220

Look, if people didn't act like stupid animals and commit violent crimes on a daily basis with firearms, cops wouldn't be forced to act like that.

You should see a police officer in a country with no crime; sure, they're assholes, but they are not used to being in constant fear of their lives.

Every state should be like Texas in that respect: If a person assaults you, you should have the right to defend yourself with lethal force. If you see somebody on your neighbors property when you've been given explicit orders to keep everybody out and you can ascertain that whoever it is is up to no good, let them have it.

American prisons are overrun; they have proven that rehabilitation is impossible. 

If capital punishment were doled out indiscriminately, we wouldn't have these problems.

So shoot first ask questions later? got it. If zimmerman had a tazer he could have incapacitated the teenager, instead he shot him with a gun and killed him.  

Yes I played SWTOR.

• xxtriadxxxxtriadxx Member UncommonPosts: 155

Originally posted by kobie173

LOL...accoding to who?..Al Sharpton?

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

So shoot first ask questions later? got it. If zimmerman had a tazer he could have incapacitated the teenager, instead he shot him with a gun and killed him.  

I am sure Zimmerman wishes he had a taser at this point as well, but all he had was a gun.  He probably brought the gun thinking that the robber may have a gun and he did not want to be defenseless.  Was that dumb to be following someone while having a gun on him?  Probably, but not illegal.

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• Scubie67Scubie67 Member UncommonPosts: 462

Ah Yes the old R&P is back;  it makes me all warm and cozy inside.

• ForTheCityForTheCity Member Posts: 307

This is really sad. Hate when things like this happen because the kid was not at fault. Hope the best for him and his family. 

• UtukuMoonUtukuMoon Member Posts: 1,066

Mate, its not worth debating it with some people in this thread,check their post history.Many of these left with the old P&R forum closing but these kind of threads are hard to resist for them.

They really will have something to be angry about by the end of the year,we just sit back and laugh.

• GazenthiaGazenthia Member Posts: 1,186

I don't understand what people are trying to argue about regarding the Trayvon Martin case. Anything that Trayvon Martin did previous to this incident is completely irrelevant. Maybe he was a hoodlum, maybe he wasn't. Maybe he initially fought with Zimmerman, maybe he didn't.

Fact remains that he is liable for pursing a suspect against the orders of the dispactcher resulting in an incident, specifically a fatal shooting. It would not have happened if he had submitted to professional authority. That is what will get him in the end, and rightly so.

Everything else is speculation and totally beside the point. I personally believe that this was racially motivated, and the event has led to a very obviously anti-white backlash on public display within the black community, even though Zimmerman isn't even fucking white.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/12/13/

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

Originally posted by Sylvarii

Originally posted by Dekron

Another racially motivated attack on a white person - "Kill the white man! This is for Trayvon!"

Oh, and I should add, the man attacked is 78 years old.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fire/2012/04/03/Man-78-recounts-assault-by-6-youths-in-E-Toledo.html

Bet you love this thread dont you,right up your street.Its a chance to show us what most of your 9k+ post consist of,bet you miss the P&R forums dont ya?

This isn't political - it's simply pointing out the hypocritical nature of some individuals. The R&P was a cesspool - mostly of far right nuts like xpowderx and many far left nuts. So no, I don't miss it.

And, most of my 9k+ posts were way before the R&P section.

Originally posted by wormywyrm

I am sure Zimmerman wishes he had a taser at this point as well, but all he had was a gun.  He probably brought the gun thinking that the robber may have a gun and he did not want to be defenseless.  Was that dumb to be following someone while having a gun on him?  Probably, but not illegal.

I'm pretty sure that it's illegal after he has been ordered to stand down and defer to professional authority. You will be arrested for going back into a burning house to save your dog that is plastered against the door if a fire fighter tells you not to do it. With this situation it is even worse because there is a suspicion that the suspect is already a criminal and potentially armed.

Originally posted by Gazenthia

Fact remains that he is liable for pursing a suspect against the orders of the dispactcher resulting in an incident, specifically a fatal shooting. It would not have happened if he had submitted to professional authority. That is what will get him in the end, and rightly so.

Everything else is speculation and totally beside the point. I personally believe that this was racially motivated, and the event has led to a very obviously anti-white backlash on public display within the black community, even though Zimmerman isn't even fucking white.

WOW, 'against the orders of the dispatcher'?  The dispatcher never gives him orders to not follow, in fact if you listen to the 911 call the tone of the dispatchers voice sounds more like she wants him to follow but is legally obligated to say he does not have to follow if he does not wish to.

Here it is:

Zimmerman:   Yeah. You go in straight through the entrance and then you would go left. You go straight in, don’t turn and make a left.  He’s running. [2:08]

911 dispatcher:   He’s running? Which way is he running?

Zimmerman:  Down toward the other entrance of the neighborhood. [2:14]

911 dispatcher:   OK, which entrance is that he’s headed towards?

Zimmerman:  The back entrance.

911 dispatcher:  Are you following him? [2:24]

Zimmerman:  Yeah. [2:25]

911 dispatcher:   OK.  We don’t need you to do that. [2:26]

Zimmerman: OK. [2:28]

911 dispatcher: Alright, sir, what is your name? [2:34]

Zimmerman:   George. He ran.

911 dispatcher:  Alright, George, what’s your last name?

Zimmerman:  Zimmerman.

http://phoebe53.wordpress.com/2012/03/26/zimmerman-911-call-transcript-trayvon-martin/

Any media article that says he was order to not follow Trayvon is LYING.

Originally posted by Gazenthia

I'm pretty sure that it's illegal after he has been ordered to stand down and defer to professional authority. You will be arrested for going back into a burning house to save your dog that is plastered against the door if a fire fighter tells you not to do it. With this situation it is even worse because there is a suspicion that the suspect is already a criminal and potentially armed.

He was ordered to stand down and defer to professional authority???? LOL.  We HAVE the 911 calls man, where do you make this stuff up??

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

Oh wow this is sad but the link above I posted of the transcript has actually been edited to make Zimmerman look worse.  Hahahaha... Here is even more from the real transcript that makes it really obvious that the dispatcher is OK with him following Trayvon.  They know hes on the move, and if you listen to the audio he is huffing and puffing and looking around saying he doesnt know where Trayvon went.  And the dispatcher is 100% A OK with that.

911 dispatcher:   Alright, George, we do have them on the way. Do you want to meet with the officer when they get out there?

Zimmerman:   Yeah.

911 dispatcher:   Alright, where are you going to meet with them at?

Zimmerman:  Could you have them call me and I’ll tell them where I’m at?  [3:49]

911 dispatcher:  OK, that’s no problem.

Oh wow this is sad but the link above I posted of the transcript has actually been edited to make Zimmerman look worse. 

I am fully aware of what the dispatcher said and "we don't need you to do that" means exactly that. There was no reason at all for him to pursue a potentially dangerous and armed suspect through a fucking subdivision filled with innocent people. That is where he is fucked up. Period.

• DLangleyDLangley Member Posts: 1,407

Please remember not to post hate related comments are personally attack other users when discussing a topic.

Locked.

This discussion has been closed.