Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes: Going F2P This Summer

124»

Comments

• grayknyghtgrayknyght Member UncommonPosts: 25

I'm glad this is happening. I would have continued to play this game, but I had moral issues with paying a monthly sub for a game where all Sony really did was keep the power on. I hope this breaths some new life into the game.

• TjedTjed Member Posts: 162

Awesome news.  My favorite game on the market right now.  Pops are not as bad as some people think because everyone plays on one server.  I'll keep paying for this game if that's an option and hopefuly more people do as well. 

• OtomoxOtomox Member UncommonPosts: 303

This is coming way to late. Vg and WAR there the only mmorpgs of the wow kill hype era that stayed p2p. I mean i dunno what the guys over at war think but theire alarm bells should have been heared when AoC went F2P.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Originally posted by Otomox

This is coming way to late. Vg and WAR there the only mmorpgs of the wow kill hype era that stayed p2p. I mean i dunno what the guys over at war think but theire alarm bells should have been heared when AoC went F2P.

They can still merge the last remaining EU server with the last remaining US one. All will be saved.

Sadly i think WAR will get closed down before it goes F2P.

• OtomoxOtomox Member UncommonPosts: 303

Originally posted by Ozmodan

Originally posted by Marchosias31

This is big news actually, wow......

I always liked this game. Worth checking out......The only thing?

Pvp??

None...................and no, dueling isnt pvp....

If it did have pvp, this game would of been epic...........

You do not need pvp in a game.  Just look at the marketplace, the pve games all have far larger audiences.  Even Wow's pvp servers are all low population servers these days.  Yeah, if you are a pvp enjoyer, then this game is not for you, but then you are just a small minority in the larger scheme of things.

I think this is a great move by SOE.  I think Vanguard will become popular again.  I know I will play it.

Eh? All the big and heavy populated WoW Servers are PVP? Atleast at EU and they do best in pve too so dunno what ya talking about.

• David_LopanDavid_Lopan Member UncommonPosts: 813

This is awesome news. I hope it turns out ok. If Vanguard can hold a decent pop I will be there a long time. This summer is going to fly by.

• William12William12 Member Posts: 680

Originally posted by wormywyrm

Originally posted by William12

Tip of the day. 

SOE has triple station cash weekends and double weekends more often.   

Go to walmart spend 60$ on station cash cards you get 18000 station cash (1 month of gold is 1500)  SO you get a year of GOLD for any of their games for just over $4 a month.

Would you only spend the cash on in-game items during those weekends...?  Or do you just convert the card to station cash on those weekends and get triple the cash?

The card is station cash $15 card is 1500 Station cash x 3 on triple weekends.   You save the station cash and spend it on the gold sub each month (1500 station cash) 1 card = 3 months it comes out to 4$ a month for the gold sub but only during triple weekends.)