Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Microtransaction Goals & Systems Detailed

123457»

Comments

• gainesvilleggainesvilleg Member CommonPosts: 1,053

Holy cow Anet doesn't really even try to hide the pay2win facts anymore.  The defense has moved on to "Well all games are pay2win anyway because of the cheaters, so lets just make money off it ourselves!"

I find this very sad.  Anet has gotten really slimey over the last couple months WTF happened?  Has there been an internal coup or something?  This is really not like Anet at all to have fallen this low...

GW2 "built from the ground up with microtransactions in mind"
    1) Cash->Gems->Gold->Influence->WvWvWBoosts = PAY2WIN
    2) Mystic Chests = Crass in-game cash shop advertisements

• EmwynEmwyn Member Posts: 546

Originally posted by gainesvilleg

Holy cow Anet doesn't really even try to hide the pay2win facts anymore.  The defense has moved on to "Well all games are pay2win anyway because of the cheaters, so lets just make money off it ourselves!"

I find this very sad.  Anet has gotten really slimey over the last couple months WTF happened?  Has there been an internal coup or something?  This is really not like Anet at all to have fallen this low...

maybe gainesvilleg and I hear ya. Sad indeed and I'm NOT hating, trolling etc. Just  another disappointed Anet fan. But hey I think I'm over GW2 so it's all good. I do wish it well and really do mean that. image

the poster formerly known as melangel :P

• WolvardsWolvards Member Posts: 650

Originally posted by Melangel

maybe gainesvilleg and I hear ya. Sad indeed and I'm NOT hating, trolling etc. Just  another disappointed Anet fan. But hey I think I'm over GW2 so it's all good. I do wish it well and really do mean that. image

Just curious, but what is so bad about ANet making money rather than cascowgoldfarmers.com? people who woulld've payed for gold with real money via 3rd party now has some kind of incentive to atleast give ANet a chance other than 3rd party, i'm not trying to change your opinion or create a troll or flame post, i'm just trying to understand your side of the fence.

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

• gainesvilleggainesvilleg Member CommonPosts: 1,053

I was once on the bandwagon for GW2.  Over the last several months I wavered on and off the bandwagon as new details emerged.  There was always the cash shop hanging over this but people assured me Anet would never implement a F2P style cash shop, so I hadn't really concerned myself over it until their "manifesto" change a couple months ago.  Then I got a little worried but people said "Hey it will be fine.  Anet is in it for us the gamers"

Now as the details emerge and Anet changes their philosophy AGAIN on the cash shop, it is WAY WORSE than even the biggest pessimists were saying.  Even the "haters" a few months ago had no idea the cash shop would be this crass.  Anet doesn't really even try to hide it anymore, which shows this is now a lost cause.  They will never change their tune now.

This may go down as maybe the biggest letdown in MMO history.  A once promising game spoiled by greed and a "game built around the microtransaction concept."  One "hater" summed it up best.  They should call it "GW2:  The online store"

It's over...

GW2 "built from the ground up with microtransactions in mind"
    1) Cash->Gems->Gold->Influence->WvWvWBoosts = PAY2WIN
    2) Mystic Chests = Crass in-game cash shop advertisements

Originally posted by Wolvards

Just curious, but what is so bad about ANet making money rather than cascowgoldfarmers.com? people who woulld've payed for gold with real money via 3rd party now has some kind of incentive to atleast give ANet a chance other than 3rd party, i'm not trying to change your opinion or create a troll or flame post, i'm just trying to understand your side of the fence.

Just not my sort of thing ie the can't beat em join em mentality. I always had planned on waiting for release to buy, ie no prepurchase. Perhaps I will change my mind who knows! But I think I would have felt better without the ingame selling of gems. Just my personal opinion. I've some other reasons also which I won't go into here. My other half will play, I'd never try to talk him out of it. He's super hyped about it and I'm sure he'll have a great time as well which is important :)

I was once on the bandwagon for GW2.  Over the last several months I wavered on and off the bandwagon as new details emerged.  There was always the cash shop hanging over this but people assured me Anet would never implement a F2P style cash shop, so I hadn't really concerned myself over it until their "manifesto" change a couple months ago.  Then I got a little worried but people said "Hey it will be fine.  Anet is in it for us the gamers"

Now as the details emerge and Anet changes their philosophy AGAIN on the cash shop, it is WAY WORSE than even the biggest pessimists were saying.  Even the "haters" a few months ago had no idea the cash shop would be this crass.  Anet doesn't really even try to hide it anymore, which shows this is now a lost cause.  They will never change their tune now.

This may go down as maybe the biggest letdown in MMO history.  A once promising game spoiled by greed and a "game built around the microtransaction concept."  One "hater" summed it up best.  They should call it "GW2:  The online store"

It's over...

gainesvilleg you could have been typing out of my own brain just then :) As I said in my other post I had other reasons also but I think this was the tipping point in my decision.It threw me off the bandwagon probably for good. Still I hope it succeeds for those that don't mind and who still love the game regardless, my other half included.

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

Mr Sauron hear me ,again.

Guild Wars 2: Microtransaction Goals & Systems Deleted.

please Mr Sauron.

Let's internet

• demonboxdemonbox Member Posts: 34

uhm, not so sure about it, couple of points:

1-to the ones asking is gonna cost more than a monthly P2P sub? yes (for the player actually paying of course), that's y every company is starting to "develop" cash shops, they get more money

2-The EVE comparison...well isn't such a great move, PLEXes made a nicely balanced player driven market a bit (not so bit) less balanced, and opened the door to CCP's cashshop (monocle-gate anyone?) , on a side note didn't eliminate RMT at all..

3- is it P2W? that's not so easy to say, 'cause everyone has his own interpretation of "win", but i'd say almost everything (speaking of gaming or other real life issues) that depends on money is P2W, back on the game, no way for me to say if it will be actually P2W now, but surely opens a lot of doors to it.

My personal consideration is, players like me, who work all day , so can't spend 8hrs/day playing/farming, and aren't rich, so can't buy load of stuff from cash shops...we'll get the "short stick"

is it something shocking or wrong?not really, is how RL mostly works, point is:

for them (developers) is a work, for us (players) should be a game

bye

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507

It's over...

gainesvilleg you could have been typing out of my own brain just then :) As I said in my other post I had other reasons also but I think this was the tipping point in my decision.It threw me off the bandwagon probably for good. Still I hope it succeeds for those that don't mind and who still love the game regardless, my other half included.

I wish GW2 well....but it isn't for me based on ARenaNet discloures over past month. I don't want to pay vastly more than NA people for a game or have a launch cash shop. Nope, no GW2 for me this summer it will be SWTOR and Diablo3.

• GeeTeeEffOhGeeTeeEffOh Member Posts: 731

Originally posted by Illyssia

It's over...

I wish GW2 well....but it isn't for me based on ARenaNet discloures over past month. I don't want to pay vastly more than NA people for a game or have a launch cash shop. Nope, no GW2 for me this summer it will be SWTOR and Diablo3.

I remember when ANet started releasing video footage of the different classes on it's website. One by one over time.
    I'd watch with excitement. I remember emailing my brother the link with the only text in the subject line, "No sub Fees!"

Now...It's looking like a pass. Idunno yet.

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507

Cash Shop as a quick cut over in game play always is a hard one for gamers to swallow. The hi price of CE is another one I am angry over. Let's face it everyone this is sort of typical from NCsoft, though, I just think that as with Aion they don't get the EU market with GW2 at all.