Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Weekend Pass Upcoming & Crew Skill Changes

2»

Comments

• William12William12 Member Posts: 680

Originally posted by Bicknell55

I've been playing since start... been enough IMO... have a 50 on a PvP & a PvE server... same stuff... soooo boring now.  (Plus other leveled toons) 

PVP busted... Crafting Busted.... Game Busted! 

just my thoughts... 

Yah crafting was done horribly, but theres hope 1.2 notes show ALOT of crafing upgrades and changes.

PVP wise shrugs it is what it is im not one who cares about open world PVP to begin with.

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

Originally posted by musicmann

I believe that they are trying to herd off people from the Tera beta that starts this weekend.

I doubt they re even remotely worried about Tera.

• David_LopanDavid_Lopan Member UncommonPosts: 813

:( sigh. Bioware, no worries my friend. They are all playing your games, even if its not SWTOR.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

Originally posted by zero462usa

lmfao, they're trying so hard. This game should've been F2P from the beginning.

"Watch and Learn Bioware, watch and learn." *points at Guild Wars 2*

Swtor? Along with Rift and Wow this are the ONLY games that deserves (and hopefully stay that way always) P2P. Ok, maybe there are some others, but I have unable to find in long years.

• KakkzookaKakkzooka Member Posts: 591

This morning I opened my front door to grab the paper, and an EA representative, who must have been crouched in hiding, suddenly jumped out, kicked me in the balls and tossed a brand new copy of SWTOR in through my front door. Then he ran off.

I think he was wearing plaid . . .

I don't know which hurts more: the cleats to the crotch or the free copy of SWTOR.

Re: SWTOR

"Remember, remember - Kakk says 'December.'"

• JakardJakard Member Posts: 415

Originally posted by musicmann

I believe that they are trying to herd off people from the Tera beta that starts this weekend.

I think you are giving Tera more credit than they deserve. They just aren't that big of a threat to anyone.

• JakardJakard Member Posts: 415

You know, a lot of successful games do free weekends. But the haters will still persist. The evidence has shown that there is nodrop-off in subscribes at all, so since they can't attacck actualy facts... they have to find something else to throw stones at. It's ridiiculous, really. Can you guys just go back to the Guild Wars 2 forums?

• KakkzookaKakkzooka Member Posts: 591

Originally posted by Jakard

You know, a lot of successful games do free weekends. But the haters will still persist. The evidence has shown that there is nodrop-off in subscribes at all, so since they can't attacck actualy facts... they have to find something else to throw stones at. It's ridiiculous, really. Can you guys just go back to the Guild Wars 2 forums?

I'm not a hater of SWTOR - I'm a hater of a company that misrepresents the features of a bad product whereby tricking people into paying for that bad game.

Here are some facts:

1. EA's financial year comes to an end next week. At this point they have to make a profit/loss statement to their shareholders,

2. This is the second free weekend pass in a row given out by EA,

3. EA will count these free weekend pass users as "active subscribers" to plush the numbers and avoid a panic by shareholders

4. Games that are financially robust and on a positive profit trend do not offer free weekends two weekends in a row.

Re: SWTOR

"Remember, remember - Kakk says 'December.'"

• mktheswmkthesw Member Posts: 22

Originally posted by Czanrei

If SWTOR wasn't hurting for subscribers, BW wouldn't be pushing out so many free trials. I can only hope that Bethesda learns from Bioware's mistakes when they work on their own mmo for the first time.

I couldn't disagree more. From a business perspective you want to grab as much marketshare as possible. They should offere more and more free weekends because even if .01% of that population buys and subscribes for a month it is profit. They are losing little to nothing to giving away the resources (bandwidth,power,cpu cycles) that has already been allocated for the game. It's like when McDonalds has promo's for a free cheeseburger when you buy a coke. They aren't hurting for business, in the end that is still profit. 

Free weekends are great business.