Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No Subscription Can Be A Bad Thing

MARTYB2KMARTYB2K Member Posts: 167

Hello all,

I actually bother to get out of bed and goto work so a subscription is nothing. I don't even give it a second though, but it worries me that no subscription could mean that GW2 has loads of Kids, Gold Farmers, or Jobless Chavs. I don't want many of either of these in my games.

Comments

• DShepley60DShepley60 Member Posts: 22

Really? Another pointless thread?

ArenaNet shows that their B2P is far superior to P2P and F2P.  Alot of kids huh? Less kids then F2P since they have to buy the box.  Regardless WoW has the worst gaming community and from how GW is laid out and the awesome community should tell you enough. But regardless, good for you that you can work to P2P like most of us do, but having kids in a game you act like is a bad thing yet you got to get off your high horse and realize that your in your mid 30s and the next gen gamers have to start somewhere.

Tell ya, this community just gets worse and worse with idiots like this. You obviously are just a troll or just dont know how to research and look into things before trolling, so I shall end it right here since I made my point clear.

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

Ah yes, because WoW had no kids in it at all, or jobless people who played 24/7.

I really dont get the whole anti kids thing.  You're just as likely to get pissed off by a bitter and jaded adult as you are a kid.

• snoop101snoop101 Member UncommonPosts: 400
    OP your comment makes no sense. wow has a subscription and is full of kids. I played guild wars for a while and had no issues with kids at all. One of the better communities out there.
  • fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

Originally posted by MARTYB2K

Hello all,

I actually bother to get out of bed and goto work so a subscription is nothing. I don't even give it a second though, but it worries me that no subscription could mean that GW2 has loads of Kids, Gold Farmers, or Jobless Chavs. I don't want many of either of these in my games.

This issues vary from AAA MMO to MMO, those MMOs all being P2P. Some of the more mature communities I've played with the past few years have been in F2P games.

The box price is still a price of admission, so there is some financial consideration for people looking to play the game and some real value to the loss of an account for someone who earns a ban.

I don't expect it to be an issue.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

I doubt the gold sellers will be much of a problem, if they handle things like in GW1. Dhuum image

• zero462usazero462usa Member Posts: 26

in b4, "Can we get a" lock please?

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197

Just another person that can't tell the difference between B2P and F2P.

Nothing to see here, move along.

..Cake..

• atuerstaratuerstar Member Posts: 234

Thank you OP for tirelessly spending most of your life working long hours to make me rich so I can wake up whenever I want and have access to all the best things in life, while spending whatever hours I choose to waste gaming.

• Fir3lineFir3line Member Posts: 767
    I'd actually say swtor has the worst community, since its been called torchan and all, but yeah seccond poster is right

"I am not a robot. I am a unicorn."

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

Well... You can't stop kids from playing a game.. More and more kids each day are entering the world of MMORPG and you'd be stunned by the number of parents which are paying for kids WOW sub so it's nothing new. Gold farmers are not new to this game or will this game be farmer proof. But that yet remains to be discovered. But I really hope this game will bring gold farming to a minimum because it doesn't have face-to-face trade, it all goes trough mail system so it's easily monitored and I hope there wont be need to buy gold. 

It can't be a bad thing and this model looks pretty successful judging by GW1 and it's community is really good and it's probably the game where kid number is minimum. :D

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• ProsonProson Member UncommonPosts: 544

Yeah since games with subscriptions has no kids, jobless people or gold farmers at all >.> have you ever play a MMO before or will GW2 be your first one?

Also i dont see all the hate towards kids, sure x-box 360 kids are annoying as hell, but there are plenty of mature kids out there, and adults who are complete douches.

Currently Playing Path of Exile

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

Gold Farmers use hijacked accounts: "Please sign up here immediately for an investigation or we will ban your account"

Only people with an active subscription would fall for that and only because they are really dumb.

Tell me the difference between a hijacked b2p account and an active subscription please.

If you are talking about Chinese gold sellers actually buying the game to make use of it, then I have to tell you they will have to farm for months to get those 50$ back. Why bother farming for so long when you can instantly steal some accounts including the gold on them?

Harbinger of Fools
  • OnomicOnomic Member Posts: 196

Originally posted by atuerstar

Thank you OP for tirelessly spending most of your life working long hours to make me rich so I can wake up whenever I want and have access to all the best things in life, while spending whatever hours I choose to waste gaming.

Hehehehe.

Those remarks make me smile alot as they are true, thats how fucked up our western nations have become. Its only fair that the guy that wakes up 06:00 every day and work 8-12h should pay so that other people dont need to go through the same hardship.

Mmorpg no longer has a kid barrier when timecards came to every store that had anything to do with pc/console.

• cybersurfrcybersurfr Member UncommonPosts: 168

It's ironic how you're acting like a kid.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

Hello all,

Did you check WoW community recently?

They are all paying customers, yet they are hardly Royal butlers material..............

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

having played GW1 i can safely say.. the OP is an idiot.. GW1 had no issue with player community issues be it an adult or a child playing the game. 

gold selling while presant (its in every fking game on the planet and then some) really wasnt that big of an issue, and seemed to be taken care of pretty quickly once reported.

so complaining about kids playing the game is kinda pointless, as everyone is a kid if they so choose to act like it. i never really ran in to any one i would consider "juvenial" like some of the WoW kiddies you hear/see around, the main reason GW 1 worked so well was its 0 subscription nature, you simply had to  pay the what.. 30 bucks for the key and bam you can play all you want, while working or going to school.

i think that worked out alot more favourful for adults then kids as kids have more free time to invest in games. be it f2p/b2p/p2p and there by get more bang for their buck in subscription games.  instead of an adult who has to put in 8-12hrs a day to pay bills and then a subscription.. while trying to make sure they get enough out of that game investment to make it worth while paying the money to it.. 

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

Hello all,

I don't bother getting out of bed and going to work though I would characterise myself as 'of independant means' rather than 'jobless' and 'scruffy' rather than 'chav'.

Actually, I don't paticularly want people like you ('prejudiced bigots') in my games either. Perhaps they could have different servers for different socio economic groups?

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

I'm guessing most of the replies so far are from either lazy Jobless parasites, students who can't face the real world so have done a pointless degree to keep them supported for the next 5 years, or Jeremey Kyle watchers. I'd happily pay £9 a month to play this game.

I'm a real man and am replying from work. I support my family.

I guess then your kids will not be alowed to play online games until a) they are grown up and b) have jobs? Or is it a different set of criteria for your own offspring?

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

Hello all,

It has never beeb a problem with the Guild Wars original...don´t see why it would be a problem now.

Also Guild Wars has one of the most matures communities out there....

and pay-to play games like WoW have that "kiddish" community you are talking about....so i don´t see the point really....

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Its not wether u have a job or not. Paying a sub, for me, feels like they are stealing my money. At this point we all know an mmo doesnt really need a sub fee. If you like to give you're money away, fine by me.
    Btw, posting from work and then bragging about how much of a "working man" you are? Tsk tsk....

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279

I'm guessing most of the replies so far are from either lazy Jobless parasites, students who can't face the real world so have done a pointless degree to keep them supported for the next 5 years, or Jeremey Kyle watchers. I'd happily pay £9 a month to play this game.

Wow you sound like a whiner to me. im a audio engineer, i either get to sleep in or spend 12-14 hours at work and not get paid for it unless the album is successful. i dont work every day and usually i get to sleep in (musicians aren't usually early raisers) so does this make me a parasite, if so your an idiot. you sound like a bitter old man who realized that everyone else around you is more happy than you. i take it you hate this, the whole happiness thing.

don't get me wrong im willing to pay a sub so long as the game is worth it. WoW wasn't, TOR wasn't. Subscriptions do absolutly nothing to keep the kids out of games, their parents just pay of them to play. wanna know what keeps kids out of games, Difficulty. it the game is somewhat challenging then kids wont play. Sadly most sub games are dumbed down to the point where a toddler could be successful.

"jobless parasites" as you put it are perfectly fine gaming so long they aren't doushes. being a doushe is universal, as you have been demonstrating. you can be both a doushe and have a job.

no offence.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689

C'mon guys, this has got to be a troll. image

Otherwise I just lost a wee bit more faith in humanity.

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• BereKinBereKin Member Posts: 287

I dont see how "No Sub" can be a bad thing. In one way your fear of every kind of gamer flocking to this game is true, but I don think is going to happen. Sure, in the beginning there are going to be big rush over GW2, but after some time pass by the game will have more profil players.This is going to happen mostly because it will not be to everybodys expectation and liking.

• ammoniteammonite Member Posts: 113

Well, If you worked for me you'd get a first warning for not working when I'm paying you.

Better get back to work before someone see's you.

See, the GW community cares about you; We don't want your missus kicking you out for getting sacked. :D

• tordurbartordurbar Member UncommonPosts: 421

Although I deplore the OP's text I can sympathize with his feelings. However, it is wrong to think that the explosion of immaturity in MMO communities is due to kids and gold farmers. There are a lot of older rectums out there as well. Heck I know that some of my contemporaries (40+ in age) are elitist snobs in MMO games - that is why I don't play with them. Like the OP I thought that a sub would prevent immature players from playing a game but as many posters have indicated WOW has one of the worst MMO communities and I would put SWTOR very near the same category.

This discussion has been closed.