Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not A lot between Tera A RaiderZ

UtukuMoonUtukuMoon Member Posts: 1,066

To be honest i agree with this review,having played Tera since the very first preview right up to this weekend.

The combat is right up their with Tera IMO.

Graphically,nope Tera wins.

But anyway..

http://www.mmoculture.com/2012/03/raiderz-alpha-test-phase-first.html

Comments

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672

100% disagree. raiderz gives everyone block/dodge/etc. Tera is class specific. raiderz is generic and just gives u all of them at lvl 1 not making ur class more unique. I love both of these games but Tera combat is way beyond that of raiderz. Raiderz is a clone that fails to differentiate most skills.

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• Sector13Sector13 Member UncommonPosts: 784

Originally posted by deziwright

100% disagree. raiderz gives everyone block/dodge/etc. Tera is class specific. raiderz is generic and just gives u all of them at lvl 1 not making ur class more unique. I love both of these games but Tera combat is way beyond that of raiderz. Raiderz is a clone that fails to differentiate most skills.

Limitation is a good thing all of a sudden? Last time I checked, Choice is a better option. TERAs classes are far from unique, half of them are just limited versions of what a Warrior would be in any western MMO. I'd rather play a class that has many options, not a class that limits you and basically makes you exactly like everyone else that plays your class.

Also, RaiderZ came out the same year as TERA did in Korea, so for being a "clone" they must have been able to see into the future.

• BetakodoBetakodo Member UncommonPosts: 333

this is a discussion about the differences in the games. not your garbled trolling.

I LIKE how tera your choice is MUCH more impactful, wether you want to be a dodge or block or backjumping class. Tera was in development long before raiderz. l2research properly :P

Whoa, don't see how he was trolling. But it's kind of apparent that you are a Tera fan. I'd say that this game is more fun than Tera for the facts he presented, and it's still in Alpha. If you look at a trailer for the game, it looks way better than the version we're playing, not that the trailer graphics show that it's better than Tera. We don't even have anti-aliasing and ground detail in yet. The quest progression is even more fun than Tera because you actually fight challenging stuff and you're not stuck dancing in place attacking.

• UtukuMoonUtukuMoon Member Posts: 1,066

this is a discussion about the differences in the games. not your garbled trolling.

I LIKE how tera your choice is MUCH more impactful, wether you want to be a dodge or block or backjumping class. Tera was in development long before raiderz. l2research properly :P

You are the only one trolling.Seriously, if you can't discuss without accusing anyone who has a different opinion than yourself as trolling,stay out of the freaking thread please.

I agree with him as well,does that mean i'm trolling.

I would say that RaiderZ has a combat system on par with Tera and perhaps better because of choice and multi class set ups.

• MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712

I cant believe you are even putting Raiderz in the same ballpark as TERA, I tried the alpha, and its subpar in every single way, the combat is horrible compared to TERA.

I am sure I will get the "its still alpha/beta" comment now, but this game has F2P and PWE written all over it.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

I am having as much fun in Raiderz as I did in Tera's beta .I think it is in the same ballpark,maybe not graphically but combat mechanics and such yes.

• MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712

Originally posted by Asheram

I am having as much fun in Raiderz as I did in Tera's beta .I think it is in the same ballpark,maybe not graphically but combat mechanics and such yes.

Combat animations, reactiveness is horrid, even Vindictus does it better than this, and the crafting and questing system is about as F2P as it gets, im not saying im a big fan of quests in TERA, but Raiderz to me is a typical PWE game, and the only reason I could see anyone picking this up is if you can't afford to play TERA.

Also the whole hybrid class system is just a smokescreen covering for the limitations that the game really has.

Anyways its not my job to lecture anyone about what to like or dislike, but Raiderz seemed incredibly "discount" to me.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

Originally posted by Velera

Originally posted by Asheram

Combat animations, reactiveness is horrid, even Vindictus does it better than this, and the crafting and questing system is about as F2P as it gets, im not saying im a big fan of quests in TERA, but Raiderz to me is a typical PWE game, and the only reason I could see anyone picking this up is if you can't afford to play TERA.

Also the whole hybrid class system is just a smokescreen covering for the limitations that the game really has.

I have played both games an equal amount of time and my opinion remains the same as what I stated.You are more than welcome to your opinion but it doesnt change mine.

Edit:actually I will change it a bit because I did find Raiderz combat a bit more fun than Tera's IMHO.

• revy66revy66 Member Posts: 464

This game doesn't even touch Tera, I played the alpha and it was horrible and I doubt it will get better.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

I love Tera , but I was very impressed by RaiderZ as well.

I dont think Tera has any opper hand when combat is concerned.

Even somehow RaiderZ feels tighter in many areas:

- Everyone can dodge and tumble. In Tera this is class skill and poorly implemented in many cases (like Archer often tumbling into enemy)

- You are not limited to certain skillset - Instead you buy and build skills like Diablo2 + you can multiclass !

- Stealing weapons like GW2 thief is very cool idea and brings much fun to leveling

- Boss monsters seem to be better ( this is my oppinion )

- Less "out there crazy" manga style , more traditional western style.

Of course you can not deny great production values to tera - awesome graphic , animation , music and huge ammount of content.

But you get what you pay for, right...

• gostlygostly Member UncommonPosts: 134

I'd like to add that I for one expected more challenge from the PvE combat in Tera, only to be disappointed. When I tried out RaiderZ, the mobs did some things during the combat that I wasn't expecting at all and the boss fights were a lot more fun because of it. If you've tried it then you know what I mean...

The other thing i noticed is the AI of the mobs in RaiderZ is better than Tera's as well.Many Tera fans will not like it but IMO and nearly everyone i talk to,RaiderZ at the very least is on par with Tera and in some areas better.

The graphics of Tera are better but RaiderZ for us at least is in Alpha.

I can see why Tera fans would be worried,why play Tera when you can play RaiderZ that feels and play better than Tera.

• chaosmongerchaosmonger Member UncommonPosts: 2

I tryed both game, and Raiderz much much more fun than Tera. Tera has a terrible boring quest line. Interesting that Tera is a P2P game, and the quest sytem is like the last free eastern game, and Raiderz is a F2p game and the quest system is more interesting as the most AAA mmorpg...

Originally posted by chaosmonger

I tryed both game, and Raiderz much much more fun than Tera. Tera has a terrible boring quest line. Interesting that Tera is a P2P game, and the quest sytem is like the last free eastern game, and Raiderz is a F2p game and the quest system is more interesting as the most AAA mmorpg...

I agree,the quest system in RaiderZ whoops most AAA P2P mmo let alone Tera's.

• Nadya3Nadya3 Member Posts: 348

i tried RaiderZ  and i most say is the worse, crappiest game i've played in my entire life.  simply a horrible game

i guess is an ok game for a F2P one

if you want questing.  play swtor,  no MMO beats Swtor questing wise.

if you like playing crap poop games,  then RaiderZ is the best choice.

• jinxxed0jinxxed0 Member UncommonPosts: 841

Tera's combat feels way better and more fluid.

Raiderz definately has the skill system right though. Tera's classes have their good points, but they all ahve shitty limitations.

not to mention that even Everquest 1 has better graphics than raiderZ

• DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692

Yeah... now you're just pushing into trolling territory Nadya.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

Originally posted by Nadya3

Think you need to get to the opticians quickly before you go completely blind.

EQ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTLjdnDjz9c&feature=related

RaiderZ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Vvo-VisDoM

Lets hope you never drive a car.

Originally posted by Deivos

Yeah... now you're just pushing into trolling territory Nadya.

just a very honest opinion after trying this game.    i would rather play perfect world.

comparing raiderZ with tera is like comparing the empire state building with a hut in the middle of a congo jungle.

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672

though i think tera is 100x the game raiderz is. raiderz has better questing. why? it ties in with the games crafting and makes it seem MUCH more important. that said raiderz is littered with exploits and hackers and bugs. yes it is alpha. i just dont see it being as good as it could be under PWE.

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Ah , one more cool thing about RaiderZ

The enemy AI is actually thinking and reacting to you. (TERA is only spamming preset attacks)

I was really amazed when first mob jumped out to dodge my attack or blocked me.

Originally posted by Sylvarii

Think you need to get to the opticians quickly before you go completely blind.

EQ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTLjdnDjz9c&feature=related

RaiderZ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Vvo-VisDoM

Lets hope you never drive a car.

those vids proves me right.   Eq1 graphics are more original than raiderZ to me, because raiderZ has the very same old mediocre and mega cheesy style, you find in every  cookie cutter asian F2P MMO.    and i assure you that Eq1 has way way more content, and is way way more fun than RaiderZ as well.

if you want questing.  play swtor,  no MMO beats Swtor questing wise.

Stop! you made me spill my coffee all over my office desk,my brother has just asked me if i'm okay.

LMFAO...