Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gabe flat out lies about ilum "shocking news i know" lol

2»

Comments

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

Originally posted by Torvaldr

A GW2 post, who would have thought it.  If you think people aren't going to find problems with that game and bitch about it, then you're not thinking realisitcally.  You can "show" all the content you want, but playing it is an entirely different story.  The GW2 fanvertizers keep on spouting this thing about showing your game.  Nothing I've seen in the videos has me convinced this will be any different or better than any other game.

The real difference between this and GW2 pvp is that there is already an established fan base from GW1 that loves esport GW style pvp.  It's not that ANet is showing videos of GW2.  It's that we already have a good feel for their gaming style and philosophy from GW1.  People should know what they're getting into.

Bioware has none of that going for them in the PvP and they rushed out a lightly tested system with obviously no well thought out plan behind it.  Now they're trying to figure out what that system should be kind of on the fly and it's not going over well with their players.

GW2 and TOR pvp is apples and oranges and the only reason to bring up GW2 is to shill for them and rub in the faces of the TOR fans.  Real classy.

It wasn't a GW2 post.   He only mentioned that you can see PvP on the net.     And now you go off on him in an angry huff becaues your precious little failure of a game is failing.

As for BioWare, the entire game is fail.   They should have hired competent MMO people away from good MMOs.   But they didn't.    And they're paying the price for their arrogance.

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

Originally posted by sidhaethe

I wouldn't have linked the GW2 video myself as I wouldn't like to incite further bad blood between the fandoms, but I will say that the subject of this thread helps put into perspective the frustrating bashing that goes on in the GW2 forums. Since SWTOR devs lied to you, people believe the GW2 devs are lying as well. It's not a fair assumption to carry over, and it's, frankly, Bioware's fault. We ALL lose because of this behavior. Players shouldn't have to default to the position that they're being misled by the makers of the games they want to play.

So be angrier at Bioware than you are at GW2 fans.

BOttom line is that BioWare lying has a long history.   It started with the failed, under-what-was-promised DM client in NWN.   They continued on with the ies about Jade Empire and the XBox exclusive.   Lots of other games have been half vaporware.

OTOH, I've been extremely pleased with NCSoft.   I've never bought a game where it failed to live up to what they said it was/