Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: First Beta Invites Sent

Comments

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Originally posted by Toxia

All i can say is...i just shit myself.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which makes your forum username......really really funny.  It's ALMOST Toxic....

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

I have 6 accounts and didn't get a single invite :(

• Sys7emSys7em Member UncommonPosts: 120

Originally posted by ste2000

I have 6 accounts and didn't get a single invite :(

I hope you have six computers

• messier647messier647 Member Posts: 13

are they still sending the invites out??

• AuzyAuzy Member UncommonPosts: 611

No beta key and....

Uhh... what?

• KitosomaKitosoma Member Posts: 11

Congrats everyone who got in!

• illorionillorion Member Posts: 467

I can't take it anymore!!!

Someone put me out of my misey...... all i can do is think about playing this game... ive waited so long... just kill me and make the pain go away

"Don't mistake a fun game for a good game... Checkers is fun to play but its not exactly the highest point of gaming design... and definatly not worth $60 plus $15 a month"

• lenyboblenybob Member Posts: 62

Originally posted by nottorious91

is it just me or this screenshot seems kinda... u know... dirty :>

most amusing codpeice i've ever seen for sure.

• CripnoahCripnoah Member Posts: 128

No invite here, oh well. I got a dota 2 beta key to barter with if anyone is interested :p

• LokomotivLokomotiv Member Posts: 106

Beta?... What beta?

• NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748

Originally posted by Gorilla

Originally posted by Puremallace

So 1st closed Beta. This puts the release date around end of June by my guesstimation

Closed beta started end of last year I believe. This is the first beta that is more of a 'preview beta'.

I imagine if the release was as early as June we would have heard it by now. Not necessarily, but more than likely.

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672

haha i got 3 keys buddy got 5 keys. nda blagh blagh blagh gl revoking all my keys. already played in press event. overrated game anyway hahaha

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

Originally posted by deziwright

haha i got 3 keys buddy got 5 keys. nda blagh blagh blagh gl revoking all my keys. already played in press event. overrated game anyway hahaha

SSSSSSHHHHHHURE you did.

• NilenyaNilenya Member UncommonPosts: 364

Originally posted by Naral

So 1st closed Beta. This puts the release date around end of June by my guesstimation

Closed beta started end of last year I believe. This is the first beta that is more of a 'preview beta'.

I imagine if the release was as early as June we would have heard it by now. Not necessarily, but more than likely.

agree with you there. Also there is secret world comming out in the end of june. I just dont see how anyone in the mmo buisness would launch their mmo in the same month as gw2. 

My own thoughts on the matter is that the pre-purchase thing could run for nearly as long as swtor's did. And I dont expect a gw2 release untill august or september, and that's an early launch. Since they have said they estimate 1 beta weekend a month for pre-purchase, and the first probably comes in april, I expect august is the earliest we will see the game, but later wouldnt surprise me.

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

Originally posted by Nilenya

Originally posted by Naral

agree with you there. Also there is secret world comming out in the end of june. I just dont see how anyone in the mmo buisness would launch their mmo in the same month as gw2. 

My own thoughts on the matter is that the pre-purchase thing could run for nearly as long as swtor's did. And I dont expect a gw2 release untill august or september, and that's an early launch. Since they have said they estimate 1 beta weekend a month for pre-purchase, and the first probably comes in april, I expect august is the earliest we will see the game, but later wouldnt surprise me.

It's simple really. GW 2 is a "MMORPG" while TSW is a MMORPG.

• timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865

they still sending invites btw..they probably sending according to country/specs etc.

So as an dutch guy with an high end laptop..wonder how long itll take before they reach my name :D

Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • Blacknoob6Blacknoob6 Member UncommonPosts: 8

My thoughts on that: Since there is pre-purchase starting 10th april i would guess that there will be atleast 4-6 BWEs before the game release . first 2 of them will be to detect as many HW issues, Client crashes, server stability, Auth server issues etc as possible. Basicaly a stress test. 3rd-4th to try eliminate the last of the ingame bugs, glitchy textures, invisible walls, general bugs, mistakes in texts etc ( not all of them as there is no way you can do that because there are still thousands of bugs in every game that you just dont stumble upon in years.)

After that they will only have to decide if they are ready for the release or they rather do one or two BWEs more so they can be realy sure. Let's face it, unless you have a professional team of testers there is no way in hell that more than 5% of ppl in beta will be reporting bugs, testing skills and reporting other issues ( And no, testing skills doesnt mean that you will test their dmg and be like, WoW that does a lot of dmg i will be using that often). People are generaly trying to find most about the game (puzzles, best way to exp, area with the best chance to get in dynamic event often, they mostly dont give a crap about TESTING. they just want the advantage at start.

And since ArenaNET's Moto is : We will release it when it's finished, i bet they will take the necessary time to make it one of the best mmorpgs in years. And i hope they will. 

So, to people who got in, instead of running around doing almost nothing besides playing, go to the world and try to find all the bugs you can and Report them ! Basically the release depends on how many ppl will actualy participate in the testing . Lets say they have about 50 ppl in arenanet constantly connected to servers trying to find anything that doesnt work. They will send around 10k of invites for the beta ( i do not know the exact number but thats pretty much the standart number for closed beta) . Well do the math, if atleast 50% of these ppl will participate in the testing then they can find gazillion bugs just over the weekend. Therefore less bugs remaining => less BWEs to come.

It's time to be responsible !

• plescureplescure Member UncommonPosts: 397

Originally posted by nottorious91

is it just me or this screenshot seems kinda... u know... dirty :>

lol. well it does now thx to you :)

If someone is talking in general chat in a language you dont understand, chances are they're not talking to you. So chill out and stop bitching about it!

• SilithSilith Member Posts: 1

Originally posted by Blacknoob6

After that they will only have to decide if they are ready for the release or they rather do one or two BWEs more so they can be realy sure. Let's face it, unless you have a professional team of testers there is no way in hell that more than 5% of ppl in beta will be reporting bugs, testing skills and reporting other issues ( And no, testing skills doesnt mean that you will test their dmg and be like, WoW that does a lot of dmg i will be using that often). People are generaly trying to find most about the game (puzzles, best way to exp, area with the best chance to get in dynamic event often, they mostly dont give a crap about TESTING. they just want the advantage at start.

Well said!

• Scripture1Scripture1 Member UncommonPosts: 421

Originally posted by Suzie_Ford

According to a post on the Guild Wars 2 Facebook page, the first round of beta invites for the end of March event have been sent out!

Yes, beta invitations have begun going out. They'll be sent out over the next few days. Please remember that discussing the beta in any way, shape, or form -- including your status in it -- is a breach of NDA. Don't risk your beta access! ~RB2

You're not allowed to mention you're in  the beta?? Really? I can see not sharing information but that's a little strange.

• NitronoddyNitronoddy Member UncommonPosts: 8
    I'm crossing my fingers I got it... grats to those that have got in...gits :)
  • Coldsteel6dColdsteel6d Member UncommonPosts: 26

Originally posted by Scripture1

Originally posted by Suzie_Ford

According to a post on the Guild Wars 2 Facebook page, the first round of beta invites for the end of March event have been sent out!

Yes, beta invitations have begun going out. They'll be sent out over the next few days. Please remember that discussing the beta in any way, shape, or form -- including your status in it -- is a breach of NDA. Don't risk your beta access! ~RB2

You're not allowed to mention you're in  the beta?? Really? I can see not sharing information but that's a little strange.

I have done dozens of beta tests over the last 6 or 7 years. It's actually pretty common in my experience.

• robert154erobert154e Member UncommonPosts: 24

According to gamestop, their database says release June 29, 2012 for Pre-Order  (1 day early start) (not pre-purchase thats 3 days early start) so real date may be June 30, or May 1. Look for a Summer Release ! I honestly cannot wait and I will be Pre-Purchasing. I do not need any fancy pet spell or anything, just the basic $60 for me. ^_^ Almost there everyone... Almost there.

• Scripture1Scripture1 Member UncommonPosts: 421

Originally posted by robert154e

According to gamestop, their database says release June 29, 2012 for Pre-Order  (1 day early start) (not pre-purchase thats 3 days early start) so real date may be June 30, or May 1. Look for a Summer Release ! I honestly cannot wait and I will be Pre-Purchasing. I do not need any fancy pet spell or anything, just the basic $60 for me. ^_^ Almost there everyone... Almost there.

Never listen to Gamestop. They are wrong about ... 90-98% of the time. 

• Nr1reaperNr1reaper Member Posts: 3

if it was 10'000 invites it would be more like rolling a 20'000 die since 1 in every 20k applicants woulda been invited concidering the 2 days beta was open for applicants, over 2million signed

i would assume its higher then 10k, since its starting to come closer to release, even if it aint stress test, i dont see any reason why limiting it THAT much concidering they already had the beta for the press

10k is not allot of people, and yet i know 2 people who is invited (not myself) =(