Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: First Beta Invites Sent

Comments

• GeekieDaveGeekieDave Member Posts: 41

I haven't got a beta invite either but they said the invites are going out all weekend.. So I'm hoping that sometime tomorrow I get an email

Be sure to subscribe to Worlds Edge Gaming:
    www.youtube.com/worldsedgegaming

• beej1986beej1986 Member UncommonPosts: 80
    I think some people are confused, besides those they random pick for beta only those who pre-purchase get into beta not pre-order and there is a big difference in the two.

CENTER]image[/CENTER]

• NightkinNightkin Member UncommonPosts: 48

After 6 years of GW1 i need just 1 key. If not, increase my unlucky title in GW1;)

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

Originally posted by Vannor

Originally posted by jinxxed0

What if we don't get an invite and we say we got one and made up stuff about the beta? 

You'd probably be subject to slander charges, if they figure out who you really are.

In the words of J Jonah Jameson:

"It is not slander.  I resent that!  Slander is spoken.  In print, it's libel."

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Originally posted by Creslin321

Originally posted by Vannor

Originally posted by jinxxed0

What if we don't get an invite and we say we got one and made up stuff about the beta? 

You'd probably be subject to slander charges, if they figure out who you really are.

In the words of J Jonah Jameson:

"It is not slander.  I resent that!  Slander is spoken.  In print, it's libel."

lol :) ok, we'll go for Defamation instead. Either way, if anyone got caught, that's what could happen. Although geting caught is highly unlikely.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

So 1st closed Beta. This puts the release date around end of June by my guesstimation

• romanator0romanator0 Member Posts: 2,382

Originally posted by Puremallace

So 1st closed Beta. This puts the release date around end of June by my guesstimation

1st public beta. 1st closed beta happened a few months ago.

• dadante666dadante666 Member UncommonPosts: 402

yeh gz to the people that wait month of games while others are wating 5 years like me and dont get this kind of stuff early

• zybezzybez Member Posts: 12

I've been waiting a very long time for this and I didn't get beta :-(

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

Originally posted by adam_nox

Originally posted by NBlitz

People too dumb to post on Twitter or FB or wherever else that they got into beta, with their real life identities readily available, should not cry when their beta invitation is revoked by ArenaNet.

where is the relevance for this comment?  are you lost?

You could have posted that without being belittling.

At the time I posted, I came over from another thread with the same subject in which this was posted:

Originally posted by NBlitz

Originally posted by st4t1ck

<>

not everyone is as smart as you i guess  http://i.imgur.com/k80un.jpg

whats there to question. they just dont want random people talking about it, there was a press beta with photage and another press beta this weekend with photage. there not hiding much

Oh my! That picture! I cannot breathe! Hahaha.

Thread being: INVITES ARE OUT, OMGSHARKSWITHLASERS.

People then posting: I'M IN, OMGSHARKSWITHLASERS.

While having this in their profile info here and elsewhere: John Smith, NYC, NY, United States.

Hence why I posted what I did. I felt my post was justified and still on topic, while yours was not and simply attacked someone else.

I was hoping someone else reading would be a bit more cautious, even though they're excited.

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

"They'll be sent out over the next few days."

There are days to come! :)

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Originally posted by Auzy

Originally posted by fivoroth

Fuck, my mate got one -_-

At least you have the option of going ova to play?

He lives in an another country at the moment :D But I might pay him a visit :D

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Why the NDA? always makes me worried when companies put an NDA on what is effectivly a public beta.  Take a leaf out of blizzard book and release the NDA allow people to post videos etc and get the hype going.

• SquatchinSquatchin Member Posts: 93

I can safely say that I hope Arenanet takes pity upon my beer soaked soul and throws me a beta invite.  That or they could throw another bottle my way ;)

• Blacknoob6Blacknoob6 Member UncommonPosts: 8

GL to everyone who still didnt get an invite but hoping to get one.

HF to everyone who already got theirs. Enjoy it for us atleast. 

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

Apparently there was a rumour that only people with Nvidia cards got in...to start with.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Originally posted by AmazingAvery

Apparently there was a rumour that only people with Nvidia cards got in...to start with.

Which could be with a good reason, as they want to test hardware, and they allready said that beta testers will be choosen based on HW..

Maybe Nvidia allready invested in optimised drivers for the game, and AMD hasn't yet?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• AlanthusAlanthus Member Posts: 119

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Originally posted by AmazingAvery

Which could be with a good reason, as they want to test hardware, and they allready said that beta testers will be choosen based on HW..

Maybe Nvidia allready invested in optimised drivers for the game, and AMD hasn't yet?

...or they are just sending batches based on hw criteria, starting with nvidia, maybe throwing in a few extra vista 64 bit, some sli rigs or whatever. Could be based on pretty much anything from suspected issues to optimised drivers to simply machines that are underrepresented so far. No sense losing sleep over it since there is nothing you can do... I'll prepurchase anyway but if anyone else in my family will depends on possible beta feedback.

• gostlygostly Member UncommonPosts: 134

no email for me :(

guild wars 2 is my most anticipated game this year (screw diablo 3, I already bumped that off my list for all of it's shenanigans)...just glad that an mmo with a challenge(pve difficulty and pvp skill) is finally getting closer to release

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

amen!

• judex99judex99 Member UncommonPosts: 392

No email here...

ps. I hate you all, well no, just the ones who got the email, that is :)

• awayawaysawayaways Member Posts: 18

I can confirm that someone with a HD 5850 got in. So the rumor that it is limited to Nividia cards isn't true.

• biogermbiogerm Member UncommonPosts: 168

And so it begins.

I 3930k -- Rampage IV Extreme -- G.skill RipjawsZ 32 GB -- Corsair Force Series 3 120gb -- G.skill Phoenix Pro 60gb -- WD 1 TB Black -- Corsair H 100 -- Thermaltake Level 10 Gt Snow Edition -- Corsair AX1200 -- Asus 560 Ti Sli -- Microsoft Sidewinder X4 -- Logitech G5 -- DELL UltraSharp 2007FP -- Samsung Syncmaster Sa700 -- Logitech Z2300 -- Logitech G35 -- Logitech G600 White -- coming soon : Dell U2711.

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

Originally posted by Puremallace

Closed beta started end of last year I believe. This is the first beta that is more of a 'preview beta'.

• Ethan623Ethan623 Member Posts: 53

First rule of beta club you do not talk about beta club.

In other news You lucky Mo**erF****rs i hate you. But remember find them bugs and report them don't just play the game as a try before you buy.