Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Yogscast doing ArcheAge [Part 7]

Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Really didn't expect this but after having spent time in the Guild Wars 2 Beta, the Yogscast have been playing the ArcheAge Beta and will be releasing gameplay footage of it. Which means some amusing videos will hopefully be coming soon and also the game will be getting some actual coverage (would be great if they had an actual Western Publisher). I'll add vids when they arrive.

- Trailer

- ArcheAge Beta - Part 1

- ArcheAge Beta - Part 2

- ArcheAge Beta - Part 3

- ArcheAge Beta - Part 4

- ArcheAge Beta - Part 5

- ArcheAge Beta - Part 6

- ArcheAge Beta - Part 7

Comments

• kokopuffkokopuff Member Posts: 94

Great more hype for Archeage and its isn't even translated yet.

• engellenengellen Member UncommonPosts: 83

im looking forward to the upcoming videos!

played a million mmo's

• wizyywizyy Member UncommonPosts: 629

I loved their coverage of FFXIV, was too funny.

But that game was "begging" to be ridiculed, I wonder what will they find funny about AA.

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

Originally posted by kokopuff

I'm wondering if I might get to play sooner if I just learned Korean.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532

Originally posted by TruthXHurts

Originally posted by kokopuff

I'm wondering if I might get to play sooner if I just learned Korean.

I see it now, there I am, dead on a floor, with my PK'er dancing around me. Spouting comments in Korean, meanwhile I am madly flipping through "Hangul for Dummies" to see what fresh insult is being dropped on me... LOL!

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

oh geez.. yogscast doing gaming is like a 2yr learning to ride a bike.. more so if it was an fps ><"

they arent exactly the 1337 pro gamers people seem to make them out to be.. hopefully they dont bash the game too badly because of their play style and skills..

• SimsuSimsu Member UncommonPosts: 386

Thx for sharing

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

This doesn't surprise me, I have a feeling companies will be targetting them a lot, they are insanely popular.

The description in the video tells me they like it.

I'd like to add, who better to target than the minecraft audience? People who like building shit seem to be the best target audience.

• MavacarMavacar Member Posts: 328
    Nice! Love those two!
  • RuienRuien Member Posts: 39

Originally posted by Mavacar

Nice! Love those two!

Whats to love about these guys? Is it the culture to sqeal and act as stupid as you can for laughs?

These guys are the epitome of why game companies wont make a game thats challenging or indepth. These guys would be the very last people Id want testing my game.

Just dont get why they are popular. They can barely do simple mechanics and then only after massive trial and error. They sqeal and laugh like children over details that dont seem to matter.

Basically, these 2 come off as pure dimwits with no hand / eye coordination and childlike personalities.

• PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon Member UncommonPosts: 565

Originally posted by Ruien

Originally posted by Mavacar

Nice! Love those two!

Basically, these 2 come off as pure dimwits with no hand / eye coordination and childlike personalities.

I find the majority of gamers to be very similiar to these 2 scrubs

Well i am not trying to start an augument here. I honestly just dont see the appeal or why a game company would give these guys beta spots.

I watched some of thier videos and the whole time I kept saying to myself.. Wow could they be any more dumb?

Lightbulb..... maybe thats the appeal. Its like going to the circus and watching the clowns or the jackass movies. Or maybe people get off by being able to look and point at the stupid people.

Either way says alot about the people who are enjoying them as well as the 2 guys themselves. Shows very little self respect on either side.

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

First video is out... enjoy.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo05ANVoGvg&hd=1

To those wondering why people like their videos, no one is saying that you should, but people like me and another 1.3million enjoy watching their stuff. Also who exactly got the idea that they were pro gamers, or that people enjoy watching them for their pro gameplay?

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269

They are popular for the same reason vids done by those who don't get it, would be very unpopular. They don't treat the viewer like a moron, they aren't condescending and for todays viewers that's a novelty. Also they play the games they review as a game, for fun, again not massively common anymore.

While I watch and think ffs press this or that or work it out, at no point do they really piss me off and they do a good job of taking you on the experience with them. The new vid is pretty funny.

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Originally posted by mrw0lf

They are popular for the same reason vids done by those who don't get it, would be very unpopular. They don't treat the viewer like a moron, they aren't condescending and for todays viewers that's a novelty. Also they play the games they review as a game, for fun, again not massively common anymore.

While I watch and think ffs press this or that or work it out, at no point do they really piss me off and they do a good job of taking you on the experience with them. The new vid is pretty funny.

Exactly. image

And new vid was pretty hilarious, when they discovered how to dance. lol

lol. In the long run I'm not sure they're going to love it, either way I'm pretty stoked and just hope they stick with it and get a decent amount of vids done. I think they'll give a pretty good idea how an average gamer will tackle the game although they do have some players with them who've got experience which will definately help.

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726

I can do combat in dance mode?!  Sold.

Love Yogscast.  More entertaining than any other MMO out right now.

Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube

So you enjoy watching these guys be silly and lighthearted with very little actual knowledge being presented about a game rather than watching say...

this

from a player who actually plays the game semi well and a load of info just by watching his gameplay?

Meh to each his own. i like watching my 8 year old run around with a football. Not near as much as i like watching a pro football game tho.

Originally posted by Ruien

So you enjoy watching these guys be silly and lighthearted with very little actual knowledge being presented about a game rather than watching say...

this

That's a different game

from a player who actually plays the game semi well and a load of info just by watching his gameplay?

It's not always about attaining information, there's no game to play yet and they are entertaining as opposed to this vid.

Meh to each his own. i like watching my 8 year old run around with a football. Not near as much as i like watching a pro football game tho.

That's says probably more than you wanted it to

-----

• bezadobezado Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

Take away their accents and they are not popular. I don't enjoy them, they do have funny bits here and there but that is just because of their culture and accents make things sound even funnier, especially when they are laughing.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

I don't watch them for indepth informations about new games. They are just fun to watch. Now I'm hosting a server for a few friends of mine.  Never would've happened if there wasn't yogscast. Can't wait to see them fail miserably in ArcheAge lol.

• KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375

Love Yogscast, Love Archeage. Really can't wait.

I admire their ability to actually enjoy games, everyone around here is too cynical and would have probably been making a video complaining about every little thing, I didn't hear one complaint in the whole video.

• bumuscheekusbumuscheekus Member Posts: 214

Can someone please help me understand what I'm supposed to be seeing in all the games that's supposed to feel like it's a new product. Create character/chose archetypal tank,mage,ranger,priest subtype with autoattack quickeys/enter game/take quest to kill ten animals from NPC with punctuation mark over head/attain level 2/repeat till end game/raid till they release another ten levels/repeat again.

Am I just cynically burnt out on MMOs or are all these games just the same thing in slightly different clothing?

P.S. And yes Yogscast are always hilarious no matter what the game

Originally posted by bumuscheekus

Can someone please help me understand what I'm supposed to be seeing in all the games that's supposed to feel like it's a new product. Create character/chose archetypal tank,mage,ranger,priest subtype with autoattack quickeys/enter game/take quest to kill ten animals from NPC with punctuation mark over head/attain level 2/repeat till end game/raid till they release another ten levels/repeat again.

Am I just cynically burnt out on MMOs or are all these games just the same thing in slightly different clothing?

What an un-educated post, shamefur dispray.

Archeage is a sandbox, you can edit the environment(place animals, items, foliage, etc), grow things, cut down trees, build ships, castles, houses, siege weapons, sail the seas with your ships, raid other players cities/castle with your siege weapons, etc.