Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA: Get Your TERA Beta Key Now!

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

MMORPG.com is very excited to join forces with En Masse to bring our community beta access keys for TERA - the highly anticipated action based fantasy MMORPG!  The beta will commence March 23rd and end March 25th. Get your key now while supplies last!

CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR CLOSED BETA KEY NOW!

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Comments

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

Awesome!, btw I suggets everyone to give this game a try with a controller. For me it feels like a game made to be played with a controller.

• why has it gotten so popular to make a beta test 2 days? im really interested in the game, but this just seems like a waste of time to me. I liked the good ol' days when beta tests lasted 6months-1year+ and u were either in it or not. weekend beta to anybody just seems more or less a promotion so people will buy it. Maybe they might do some stress testing on the servers, but seriously...2 days? waste of time on my behalf imo

Good Luck....

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290
    It is more or less a chance for people to try the game before they buy it, and test out the localization. Tera has been out for over a year in the East now. For anyone on the fence, definitely use the beta weekends to try it out. This game has a way of hooking you with its combat and oldschool elements.
  • KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Just grabbed one, promised people i'd try it at launch even though i'm not that interested and am looking forward to guild wars 2 more so this lets me have a peek before i buy.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

I have an extra US key if anyone has a friend or something thats on holiday/vacation and will miss this giveaway. Just PM me.

Grabbed one by mistake thinking it would be good for the EU one.

I'll edit once it's gone.

EDIT: It's gone now

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • AtheaAthea Member UncommonPosts: 79

The betas are only two days which suck. They dont really need many beta days though since the game is already developed and refined over a year in Korea.

Anyways hope everyone gets to try it!

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

Got a key, downloading game now..

I'll give it a go, worst case I can give these dudes some feedback..

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488

Thanks a lot for the key. I really appreciate it. I have been itching for this beta.  Downloading Everquest first then this lol

• Deron_BarakDeron_Barak Member Posts: 1,136
    Cikbik,
    There are "full time" beta testers though it's a small group. This isn't the only "open" closed beta. There are 5 CBTs, 1 OB and a head start. Each CBTs are two weeks apart and last for about two days.

Why? Because each CBT comes with it's own section of the forums for feedback as they add and tweak things. EME is doing it right and I imagine other companies will copy it in the future.

It sucks to wait two weeks as a fan but it's brilliant from both a development and an advertisement standpoint.

Just not worth my time anymore.

• philparry80philparry80 Member UncommonPosts: 27

Looking forward to seeing what this game is like :)

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,892

I think if people are going to try this game they need to go in with tempered expectations.

To preface this, this is the only game I am excited for as it, in some ways, is reminiscent of my old Lineage 2 days. Moreso with the open world pvp enviroment.

I also love the combat as I never, ever look at my quick bar, I'm constantly glued to the screen.

but having said that, the quests are very much 'kill x and y', the starter isle isn't entirely what the game world is about. The world opens much more when you leave the starter isle and even when you leave the "lumbertown" area.

Also, though I think the comat is fun, this is a game that has mobs standing and wallking around wiht the sole idea that they are to be killed. Again, not an issue for me but with people salivating for the dynamic events that, say, GW2 will have, it is important to stress that this game isn't necessarily going to break that mold.

Also, the writing for the quests, in my opinion, isn't all that hot. Though I did come across one that made me change my mind about readnig the quests. Still, this is the only game where i just didn't read them (really, the only game) because I thought they were rather bland.

My advice is to make several characters (you only get to make two unless that changes for CBT4) and then pick one to leave the isle with. this will be at lvl 10 or 11. Then make your way to Lumbertown (you can use the flying horse from the main city though it is more fun to run through the higher lvl mobs from the main city to the town) level up and at least try one or two large mob fights.

Or, if you are pvp minded then go to a pvp server adn remember you can be attacked by any level of person.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • SinakuSinaku Member UncommonPosts: 552

Aren't betas 3 days? Well they are 60 hours Starts at 12PM Friday and ends at 11:59PM on Sunday. Correct me if I'm wrong. I think these short betas are just fine. I got 31 in just a few days and am having a blast with the PvP

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

Awesome, thanks for the key.

• Deron_BarakDeron_Barak Member Posts: 1,136

Originally posted by deathlylink

Aren't betas 3 days? Well they are 60 hours Starts at 12PM Friday and ends at 11:59PM on Sunday. Correct me if I'm wrong. I think these short betas are just fine. I got 31 in just a few days and am having a blast with the PvP

You're correct I just noticed I was ranting and since the event doesn't last into Monday it feels more like two days.

Open beta will start on a Thursday though and last a day longer.  Then characters will be for keeps and there is only one week between OB and Head Start.

This waiting is really torture but it's worth it for a better TERA.  I hope the level of effort by EME continues past launch.

Edit: Can't type today

Just not worth my time anymore.

• vinzroxvinzrox Member Posts: 1

When i try to enter the code on tera site it gives me the error "This account cannot be updated at this time" . feels bad to see that after so much waiting.

• bdewbdew Member UncommonPosts: 192

"This account cannot be updated at this time"

Same here.

• harizzharizz Member Posts: 3

Anyone know if this is NA only or will it work if I live in EU because it dosn't state if its only NA or not.

• VooDoo_PapaVooDoo_Papa Member UncommonPosts: 897

Originally posted by harizz

Anyone know if this is NA only or will it work if I live in EU because it dosn't state if its only NA or not.

this is for the NA beta. EU is running their own beta. however, you should still be able to use this and play on the NA servers

just note that if you plan on playing the EU beta, it uses a different client and their betas are on the NA off weekend

• harizzharizz Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by VooDoo_Papa

Originally posted by harizz

this is for the NA beta. EU is running their own beta. however, you should still be able to use this and play on the NA servers

just note that if you plan on playing the EU beta, it uses a different client and their betas are on the NA off weekend

Ok thanks for the answer, I will probably try it on the NA server now when I have a beta key because its really hard to get a EU key without buy one.

• NobadeeftwNobadeeftw Member UncommonPosts: 129

Wow, 3 days to download.  ha ha!  I'm not exactly on a slow connection either.

• SteazySteazy Member Posts: 39

Originally posted by Nobadeeftw

Wow, 3 days to download.  ha ha!  I'm not exactly on a slow connection either.

Try turning off p2p downloading, it speeded it up from a couple days to like 3 hours for me.

Try turning off p2p downloading, it speeded it up from a couple days to like 3 hours for me.

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

i didnt get a key, leaving it for those why actually want to play this.

• NightfyreNightfyre Member UncommonPosts: 205

nm found my problem

• leroysgleroysg Member UncommonPosts: 97

*info edit: it has IP block for this beta, that why*

doesn't work for me here too  "This account cannot be updated at this time" 

crap...

• Maddrox181Maddrox181 Member UncommonPosts: 133

Man always too late , 

well anyways I am in need of a Key if anyone has a spare they don't plan on using pm it to me I would appreciate it , thanks 

I'll edit this If i recieve one thx.