Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New to Anarchy Online

stroker123stroker123 Member UncommonPosts: 11

Just a couple of questions. Is this game easy to pick up and play? What server is a good place to start? I am an old SWG vet looking for a new home. Thank you!

Comments

• GeeTeeEffOhGeeTeeEffOh Member Posts: 731

Originally posted by stroker123

Just a couple of questions. Is this game easy to pick up and play? What server is a good place to start? I am an old SWG vet looking for a new home. Thank you!

No, it's not particularly easy to pick up. But neither is it rocket science. However, though it's on the more complex side, that is one of it's rewards. There is no cookie cutter. 

Gear for the most part is not level dependant, but stat dependant. So in order to equip a certain item, you might have to have your Int at a certain level or your Agi or STR. what have you, So then you have to start getting real creative to squeeze into thos new implants that are more than 2x your own level. But when you do, it's pretty thrilling to get something equipped that you aren't supposed to have equipped. There are only 2 servers they are both declining in terms of populations. Either one, they are about the same.

I don't think SWG was more or less complicated. But they are different.

• RollerratRollerrat Member UncommonPosts: 200

Originally posted by stroker123

This is an old school game and the setting of the game is very unique. There is definitely a learning curve but people in general are really helpful and will guide you in everything almost (especially today as the population is really low, they are glad if they can get new players to play with). You may have difficulties to get PUGs at lower to mid levels (yes, the population is really low) but near the level cap there still is activity. One excellent site to look at if you're considering to play AO:

http://www.ao-universe.com/

It's still updated and contains many useful guides.

• RollerratRollerrat Member UncommonPosts: 200

Originally posted by GeeTeeEffOh

There are only 2 servers they are both declining in terms of populations. Either one, they are about the same.

This is very true unfortunately.

• punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777
    When i went back the people were pretty chill, some rude thou, but there sad that there game is getting false updates and info for know at least.