Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: Analyst Predicts 5M Sales

13»

Comments

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049

Originally posted by Dreadblade

Originally posted by WhiteLantern

"The company opines that a million of these sales will come via the World of Warcraft annual pass promotion where players receive D3 for free."

And that still counts as a "sale"?

Yeah kinda like SWTOR counts 1 week trials and weekenders as subs

How could they have possibly done that since all of the sub announcements came before the 1 week trial and open weekend?

• MaldachMaldach Member Posts: 399

They continue to dumb the game down the longer it sits unreleased. It should have released a year ago. Now it's a game for the mentally challenged.

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591

Originally posted by Razeekster

Those of you talking about Guild Wars 2 vs. D3, I'm fairly sure Guild Wars 2 will win. From what I've seen people are by far much more excited for Guild Wars 2 then they are for D3.

I think you really underestimate the number of people that both like the series and are also Blizz fans, I would ventiure to say when the dust settles GW2 won't come close to D3 in sales.

I highly doubt that. You seem to have missed all the complaints that Diablo 3 does zero new things then the first two games in the serious. Or the fact that the graphics aren't that great either. And that it's just as grindy as ever. I've seen many people complain about this and most of the people who are buying Diablo 3 are the hardcore fans. Blizzard isn't really enticing any new players with this third installment because, I hate to break it to you, there are much better games out there, and better ones coming out right afterwords. Guild Wars 2 is enticing not only the fanbase of the original Guild Wars, but also tons of new players, simply because of the new amazing mechanics that you don't see in any other mmos out there today. So sorry, but I think that Guild Wars 2 will make bigger sales than Diablo 3.

Smile

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Ah those analysts ....

you gotta love them

• freegamesfreegames Member UncommonPosts: 240

WoW guarantees at least 1 million and since it is a Blizzard game with the polished gold games there will be millions more.

Remember how WoW did not innovate everything, but put it together in a refreshing way making it the most popular mmorpg ever. Yeah im sure the 10 million that still play think so.

Yes even if they get it for free with a contracted mmo subscription it still counts as a sale or an addition benefit for just being a subscriber. Those that play WoW are happy and those that do not get to complain.

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

just to stay on topic and not saying "i am going to play......blablabla".

Analyst Predicts 5M Sales <<<<<<<<<< imho you dont need to be an over pay'd analyst to know this, so this thread is just as informative as me posting here i brushed my teeth this morning.

if they call this news, then this site needs better news spotters.

good advice.....if there is no good news.....make a review or something, dont make articles about things the gamers already know (they will make their own threads :p hehe)

• austriacusaustriacus Member UncommonPosts: 618

Originally posted by Razeekster

Those of you talking about Guild Wars 2 vs. D3, I'm fairly sure Guild Wars 2 will win. From what I've seen people are by far much more excited for Guild Wars 2 then they are for D3.

I think you really underestimate the number of people that both like the series and are also Blizz fans, I would ventiure to say when the dust settles GW2 won't come close to D3 in sales.

D2 didnt make a difference for MMOs back 01 and neither will it now. The competition with GW2 is the same competition it will have with any game. Where do you get this idea that MMOers also play dungeon crawlers? if that were true torchlight would have sold a lot more.

Not saying Diablo wont sell a lot of copies and 5 million or even more is a pretty accurate in my opinion but i think you should sit back, think, and realise that the demographics that these two games cater are as far appart as a SRPG and a MMORPG.

As far as i recall people didnt stop playing WoW when Skyrim came out.(at least not in masses)

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651

Originally posted by Nadia

The thing is Blizz could effectively deliver a one, two punch to GW2, first with D3 and then with the right timing of MoP, GW2 might have a lot of trouble. Say what you want but when WoW launches an Expansion the masses come back even if it is only for 30-60 days.

I think GW2 will be fine

cmon, GW2 had 1 million beta signups in less than 50hrs

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/02/27/guild-wars-2-beta-signups-peaked-at-4-000-a-minute/

You guys are really boring with gw2, it is about  Blizzard King of MMO and RPG and about Diablo, it was nothing there in article about some low budget arena net (or whatsever) game

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Seeing as Diablo 2 sold 4 million copies after the first year, 5 million is not that hard to believe.

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933

With MoP still far away and with absolutely NOTHING going on in WoW atm it's a no brainer that D3 will sell like crazy. 

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

I personally still have some respect left for SC2, forgiving its money gouging 3 separate games thing and Diablo because It's just so damned epic. 

So they think half of WoW's population will play d3...I think more than that actually. Would you say 70% plus?

side note: I hope titan isn't f2p and is Warcraft 4. If anything can revive wow it will be warcraft.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Originally posted by WhiteLantern

"The company opines that a million of these sales will come via the World of Warcraft annual pass promotion where players receive D3 for free."

And that still counts as a "sale"?

Keep in mind this is a company that counts anyone with time left on their pay by the hour setup as a sub in other areas which makes up the bulk of their "Xmillion" subscribers lol.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

why would gw2 maker do that they have their own schedule.the idea here is to release when no multimillion user franchise could impede diablo 3 success,blizzard ignore the market when wow is concern but they arent as cocky as to think diablo3 could be in instant success!by releasing now they ll get less player then if they had released in say august  or september.but have less of a chance to bump into pandaria ,gw2 etc!so in the short term they should sell a lot more then if they had done so later!

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591

Originally posted by palulalula

Originally posted by Nadia

The thing is Blizz could effectively deliver a one, two punch to GW2, first with D3 and then with the right timing of MoP, GW2 might have a lot of trouble. Say what you want but when WoW launches an Expansion the masses come back even if it is only for 30-60 days.

I think GW2 will be fine

cmon, GW2 had 1 million beta signups in less than 50hrs

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/02/27/guild-wars-2-beta-signups-peaked-at-4-000-a-minute/

You guys are really boring with gw2, it is about  Blizzard King of MMO and RPG and about Diablo, it was nothing there in article about some low budget arena net (or whatsever) game

Low budget? ArenaNet are the ones that make the game. NCsoft is the one that funds them to make the game, and trust me NCsoft is no "low budget" company. Get your facts staight.

Smile

• konarkkonark Member UncommonPosts: 3

Love diablo games. 

Love arenanet as company (from how i seen them manage GW- which i havnt played but heard from freinds in other games i played). Loved GW2 closed beta footage and the amazing changes being brought to the genre.

I am (maybe) buying D3 - cos Its part 3 of the diablo series. The "maybe" is cos i dont like blizzard as a company now.

I am buying GW2 - cos arenanet's treatment of the game and gamers has been good (how i know is cos i met GW players in other games.. they got bored of gw, but they like the company although some called it nerfnet for its constant balancing in GW) + GW2 gameplay is quite an evolution in the fantasy mmo genre.

Among the two, it is wierd that i really want arenanet as a company to suceed with GW2. i dont get the same feeling about blizzard Oo.