Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The game is going into beta, finally, so... why the qq?

Comments

• Crunchy221Crunchy221 Member Posts: 489

Originally posted by MustBeBad

Funny fact is, true followers know exactly what to expect about the game and about the companny.

I've been following this game since 2008 and  Im happy  they're releasing this year!! 

I wont call this a flaw, but i remeber the time when this forum used to be about discuss new game mechanics when they started to show, but now with the game getting so many attentions is more like "WTF no mounts"; "Wtf no healers"; "Wtf this and that.."

Its your "true believers" that turn into the emotionally deranged once they realize that this is another themepark built on the same foundation as every other themepark since the merger of EQ pve and DAOC pvp began.

Its the overhype that kills these games.

Not saying its going to be a bad game, these games are never bad, even the ones where the hype wears thin and people say the game is bad (just about every themepark thats come out in the last 5 years)

I know theres promise for a lot of "twists" to the old game plan, just like rifts soul system and dynamic events were going to be so great and diffrent it would make it feel like a new genere.  Same thing for SWTOR with their game changing instance pvp system and companion system.  We all know that it all boiled down to the same game with a slight variation much to the disgust of those "true believers"

I just wish mmorpgs would go back to just being games for entertainment like they use to be honestly. People are more willing to play other game types for what they are, seems mmorpgs get divine status in players minds, then turn out to be more down to earth after a month. So much emotion involved makes for "bad break ups"

In case no one noticed, this is the same type of hype that gatherd the same type of praise for games such as: AoC, WAR, Tabula Rasa, Aion, Rift, SWTOR...and im sure im missing a lot there. After the honeymoon...well look at the true believers with those games now....

Also, im not a hater, its just...ive never been the true believer type, and thus unable to discuss things related to a game during the true believer stage of its life. Sadly ive crossed the line on too long to read for most so enjoy if you had the attention span to read this much of a non raving true believers thoughts.

• ace80kace80k Member UncommonPosts: 151

Originally posted by Crunchy221

Its your "true believers" that turn into the emotionally deranged once they realize that this is another themepark built on the same foundation as every other themepark since the merger of EQ pve and DAOC pvp began.

Its the overhype that kills these games.

Not saying its going to be a bad game, these games are never bad, even the ones where the hype wears thin and people say the game is bad (just about every themepark thats come out in the last 5 years)

I know theres promise for a lot of "twists" to the old game plan, just like rifts soul system and dynamic events were going to be so great and diffrent it would make it feel like a new genere.  Same thing for SWTOR with their game changing instance pvp system and companion system.  We all know that it all boiled down to the same game with a slight variation much to the disgust of those "true believers"

I just wish mmorpgs would go back to just being games for entertainment like they use to be honestly. People are more willing to play other game types for what they are, seems mmorpgs get divine status in players minds, then turn out to be more down to earth after a month. So much emotion involved makes for "bad break ups"

In case no one noticed, this is the same type of hype that gatherd the same type of praise for games such as: AoC, WAR, Tabula Rasa, Aion, Rift, SWTOR...and im sure im missing a lot there. After the honeymoon...well look at the true believers with those games now....

Also, im not a hater, its just...ive never been the true believer type, and thus unable to discuss things related to a game during the true believer stage of its life. Sadly ive crossed the line on too long to read for most so enjoy if you had the attention span to read this much of a non raving true believers thoughts.

The difference with GW2 and the games you mention in your post is: GW2 will be free to play :). That fact alone changes everything imo. People won't feel obligated to get their money's worth out of the game. Less obligation means less frustration. Sure there will be the initial box fee, but other than that..people can and most likely will come and go as they please with no feeling of loss. There may be a catch here and there to the F2P model GW2 uses, I have no idea...and I'm still skeptical. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

Originally posted by Roybe

Personally, I'll be playing this game so hard on release that I will not be looking at forums. >:)

Then when something pisses you off you will come here to brighten our day about how the game has bugs or issues because they have no official forums. You know official forums those things you expect devs to read and that place you give feedback outside of Comic cons or Gamescons

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

Originally posted by WellzyC

Arena net is finally, after years of waiting, starting to begin the release process with closed beta and announcing the Public Beta's and preorders.

Yet, 9/10 posts on this section are..  WTF CE too expensive. WTF CE items blow. WTF need to buy the game for beta. WTF  no forums.

What’s with all this ridicules negativity?  I’m not trying to draw arguments. But honestly -- this is a really exciting time for all of us who have been keeping an eye on this game. We are all finally going to be able to play this game in a little over 1 month.

Did you read that..

All of us who preordered WILL be playing GUILD WARS 2 in just over a month in April. Never mind that’s its a beta, we will be able to finally play it and see firsthand what this game is really about.

Let’s stop with this Nit Picking, it really shows just how crappy the MMO fan base has become.

Keep a close eye out everyone for those who claim to be regular gamers asking honest questions but when you check out their forum history they are really SWTOR or TERA fans in disguise.

I knew this was coming it was only a matter of time.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by Zeroxin

People have very little to complain about so they complain about everything else.

Yep.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779

Arena net is finally, after years of waiting, starting to begin the release process with closed beta and announcing the Public Beta's and preorders.

Yet, 9/10 posts on this section are..  WTF CE too expensive. WTF CE items blow. WTF need to buy the game for beta. WTF  no forums.

What’s with all this ridicules negativity?  I’m not trying to draw arguments. But honestly -- this is a really exciting time for all of us who have been keeping an eye on this game. We are all finally going to be able to play this game in a little over 1 month.

Did you read that..

All of us who preordered WILL be playing GUILD WARS 2 in just over a month in April. Never mind that’s its a beta, we will be able to finally play it and see firsthand what this game is really about.

Let’s stop with this Nit Picking, it really shows just how crappy the MMO fan base has become.

This is no surprise, NIt Picking on these damn boards is a fucking Sport for a handful of people here. Which usually involves anything that you can swing with on an object that doesn't move, but usually carried around thread to thread.

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

As the wise and powerful BadSpock once said...

"In the game of forums, you win, or you QQ."

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• ropeniceropenice Member UncommonPosts: 588

Did you read that..

Have you never been to a game forum before? Same old routine. It will heat up until release, get even crazier, then slowly die down to the occasional argument over changes/announcements, etc. Even the TOR threads aren't near as prevalent unless something is announced, or a new article riles everyone up.

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

Because people just have to have a 10" dust collector but don't want to shell out for it. How people consider that a flaw, I don't know, the crap that comes with it is just that; crap. It's for collectors, the very definition of the word. You know how much collectors pay for things like comic books? The highest I've heard is the first Superman going for about 1.4mill. Ridiculous, amirite? Not something most people would do, amirite? Not something you should qq over if you can't have yourself cuz it's just not that important, amirite? 

Like I've said before, I could understand if there were ingame items to come with it, but all this over a figurine, art books and a soundtrack I could rip for you off youtube and burn onto a disc in like 2 seconds, absolutely baffles me. "But I want the official thing so I can support Anet blahblah! I just want to pay less for it."

lol. If I sound like I lack any empathy, it's cuz I do. I haven't seen anyone complain that ME3 is going to sell a comic through Dark Horse that comes with "very powerful" multiplayer items, but a figurine *gasp* HOW DARE THEY! *pitchfork*

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Originally posted by InFaVilla

Because not everyone accepts the flaws that are starting to appear. Just because a person has many reasons to look forward to GW2, it doesn't mean that you need to stay all positive about every issue.

I seriously dont see any flaws, the game is still exactly turning out to be like i expected it to be for over a year now...

Not perfect, but fully according to Arenanets vission.

flaws is something different, then the little things some people would have loved to see changed.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Because not everyone accepts the flaws that are starting to appear. Just because a person has many reasons to look forward to GW2, it doesn't mean that you need to stay all positive about every issue.

I seriously dont see any flaws, the game is still exactly turning out to be like i expected it to be for over a year now...

flaws is something different, then the little things some people would have loved to see changed.

Uh yea.  Id like to know what flaws InFaVilla is speaking of here. 

• PainlezzPainlezz Member UncommonPosts: 646

Simple logic really (about the negative nature of this site and the forums)...

People with real lives, and people with a clue about social interaction in the real world don't post on these forums.  And the few who do aren't the negative ones!

Anyone with half a clue knows you can't act like a majority of these posters do and make it anywhere in life...

Anyway, glad to hear GW2 is on the way!  Unfortunately I have to be negative about the CE as I am about all CE's... 150 bucks for some garbage?  And a few in-game items!  You're better off buying 2 copies of the game and playing both of them for a few months (costs the same)!!!

• DawnstarDawnstar Member UncommonPosts: 207

Well, I for one am not QQing.  Been looking forward to the game for years.  Sure nothing's perfect, but this game is looking to push boundaries and I have every confidence that it will do so, coming from Anet.

• mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988

Did you read that..

hehe, I'm with you. Dont like the CE? DON'T BUY IT!

• Moaky07Moaky07 Member Posts: 2,096

Originally posted by itgrowls

Did you read that..

Keep a close eye out everyone for those who claim to be regular gamers asking honest questions but when you check out their forum history they are really SWTOR or TERA fans in disguise.

I knew this was coming it was only a matter of time.

Wow....one would think you have practice at stirring shit, in a game's forum, when you dont actually like the game to begin with. That couldnt possibly be true.

OP: From what I have read, there are plenty of folks that are indeed excited, and waiting like patient fans. GW2 isnt something I am interested in, but I see a few good posters are looking forward to it, so I hope it turns out as they wish.

As far as the drama....it will continue to get worse.  I dont know what it is about MMOs that get some folks so fired up.

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.

• InFaVillaInFaVilla Member Posts: 592

Originally posted by Corehaven

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Uh yea.  Id like to know what flaws InFaVilla is speaking of here. 

When I refer to "flaws", I refer to the flaws in the product as a whole (including marketing aspects), not just the game itself. It is, of course, subjective what one would find to be a flaw.

Some recent aspects that can be considered to be flaws:

* Not guaranteeing a sufficiently working official forum. As for why I think that is a serious flaw, I've explained in the other thread dedicated to it; basically has to do with lack of  good control mechanisms. 

* Not giving the option of a midrange physical CE. It would have been better to have two physical CE options, one more expensive and one less expensive, as opposed to the single expensive option currently being offered.

* Rewarding fanatism by giving a free public beta pass to those who pre-purchase GW2. This is an issue with far more games than just GW2.

• solarinesolarine Member Posts: 1,203

Really? This must be the single most positively-hyped big-budget MMO I've seen here.

Let me remind you of how bad pre-release SWTOR boards looked.

Or even the epic cross-negativity in the AOC vs WAR pre-release fever.

I say, for an MMO that's getting close to release, GW2 is doing exceptionally well.

• OberholzerOberholzer Member Posts: 498
    I feel the majority of what I've read on GW2 has been overwhelmingly positive. Heck if this game got more positive hype you'd be able to order a GOTY edition now.
  • InFaVillaInFaVilla Member Posts: 592

Originally posted by eayes

I feel the majority of what I've read on GW2 has been overwhelmingly positive. Heck if this game got more positive hype you'd be able to order a GOTY edition now.

The horror :/. It reminds me of SWTOR GOTY 2011 award by Massively.

• catplaycatplay Member Posts: 71

Nobody is QQ/trolling about GW2.

If you really see a QQ or troll in every post or poster, you really need to consult a medic because you have a serious problem.

Let the peoples discuss free what they think and wish/want.

BTW, asking for an official forum is not a QQ and not a trolling.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    To be honest what I see is 9/10 threads titled, "what people don't understand about GW2" or "why the criticism about the mount system is so wrong" it's like you guys see one post with someone's opinion that is to them a valid criticism and you start a whole new thread trying to debunk it.

I think GW2 looks very good but it is not flawless.

And to those who say its free to play, it's $60, there's a lot of MMOs you can get for 6 months with that cash. B2P is not some charity, the game is designed to turn a profit.

Overall I think GW2 is having a good MMORPG.com launch, the only ones who will screw that up is the positive zealots.
  • WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Originally posted by RefMinor

Overall I think GW2 is having a good MMORPG.com launch, the only ones who will screw that up is the positive zealots.

I agree. I find the postive zealots ten times more fucking annoying than the haters. Haters are easy to pick out and most times are more amusing than anything. Not to mention hater or not there are times they do actually bring up some good points.

The ones that you refer to as positive zealots? They tend to add nothing to any discussion whatsoever and will defend every aspect of a game regardless how detrimental it is to the game or community overall. Not to mention all they do is muddy the waters when viable issues are being discussed because if devs are listening to the players it can be hard for them to gauge if something is a concern or not when some will defend anything no matter the effect or ramifications.

They do a hell of a lot more damage to these communities and games than the haters ever could.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• Rhianni32Rhianni32 Member Posts: 222

This happens with every game at closed beta pre-open beta.

We have enough info to make conjectures. We have some videos and some info out but most people do not have first hand experience of the game. So there isnt much else to go off of.

I think GW2 is in great shape if the complaints are on topics avoidable and of a visual preference nature..

CE too expensive (don't buy it)

can't trade items in traditional way (but still can do it)

no mounts (but is travel speed still quick?)

• AuzyAuzy Member UncommonPosts: 611

Hating the popular thing is cool...

Uhh... what?

• CammyCammy Member Posts: 864

Because of the following:

1) People are dumb

2) People whine about EVERYTHING

3) People love to jump on their own soapbox (usually because of 1, 2)

4) See 1 and 2 again...