Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Collector's Edition Revealed

14567810»

Comments

• robert154erobert154e Member UncommonPosts: 24

For all complaining about cash shop and comparing to a Korean cash shop... Please remember one major thing. Leveling curve in GW2 is basically non-existent, leveling curve in Korean Cash Shop games Very steep and forces you to want to buy + exp + crafting + enchant + armor + skill boost, etc.... Whereas anything in GW2 is not going to make a big difference. Sure it adds a lil boost to glory for PvP... But that is nothing seeing how it doesn't make them stronger in any way.

Just my 2 cents.

• Tronics1963Tronics1963 Member Posts: 7

I've noticed out of the 5 items you get with the digital addition and the collectors addition, that only 2 out of the 5 will be with you throughout the game, the other 3 are only one off's, so it is alot of money and your not getting that much extra apart from the game it's self. And people have the right to complain about how much their charging, because if people spend this kind of money on one game, other companies in the future will hike up their prices and were will it stop? I would have preffered a monthly subscription than free to play myself, then at least you know were you stand. But with free to play it effects the game more and I'm not sure I want to keep paying out after paying one big lump sum and then have to keep buying extra stuff to enjoy the game. I'd rather pay monthly and have done.

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

Originally posted by Tronics1963

I've noticed out of the 5 items you get with the digital addition and the collectors addition, that only 2 out of the 5 will be with you throughout the game, the other 3 are only one off's, so it is alot of money and your not getting that much extra apart from the game it's self. And people have the right to complain about how much their charging, because if people spend this kind of money on one game, other companies in the future will hike up their prices and were will it stop? I would have preffered a monthly subscription than free to play myself, then at least you know were you stand. But with free to play it effects the game more and I'm not sure I want to keep paying out after paying one big lump sum and then have to keep buying extra stuff to enjoy the game. I'd rather pay monthly and have done.

Sigh... here comes another one... xD

CE is expencive because you're getting a really expencive statue, that's what adds a lot of dollars to the sum. DDE is not really worth it, I agree. But the price of SE is really just the same as any other game nowadays.

THIS GAME IS NOT FREE-TO-PLAY! Learn the freaking difference already!

They are not forcing you to buy extra stuff to enjoy the game and you do know where you stand. It only offers you the possibilitie to buy something to enhance your looks and stand out from the crowd even more. Read the latest blog post from ANet ;)

You're not sure if you want to keep paying out after one big lump sum? You do that for sub games, and now you're not sure if you can do that for a game which doesn't even make you buy anything after you bought the box ? ;)

The gem shop won't probably have much affect or any affect on the game, but gem trading might.

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791

£49.99 just for the DIGITAL client only purchase? Lolwut?!

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

Originally posted by tachgb

£49.99 just for the DIGITAL client only purchase? Lolwut?!

Thats what you get for not being the worlds reserve currency...<grin> But seriously, given that GW2 is using the B2P business model, its not all that expensive.  Look at what a year of WoW costs (I've been in since late beta), then add on the three expansions.  I'm not really a fan of CE's, but this package doesn't look too bad.  To each their own. 

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • OzzallosOzzallos Runes of Magic CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 35

No matter what you pre-orer, you'll also get:

• Hero’s Band

Hero's Band Provides: +2 Power, +2 Precision, +2 Toughness, +2 Vitality, +2 Condition Damage, +2 Healing, and +2% Critical Damage

...Which you'll probably vendor in 10 levels or so :)

• robert154erobert154e Member UncommonPosts: 24

Also, you have to remember pre-ordering and pre-purchasing are different. If you Pre-Purchase you get 3 days head start and pay when you order... Pre-order is you reserve your copy from a store for a down payment and make payments till it comes out. Either way, you have time to save the $. Win Win!

Also, microtransactions

Here are a few important clarifications about our microtransaction system. First, that gold is coming from other players. So somebody must have an abundance of gold if he trades it to a player. The system is not adding new gold from the outside.

Second, take into account the gem/gold trading system. Everything that is in the store will basically be available for gold with this system - so it doesn't really matter what is in the store, as it is also available for players who play and don't want to spend additional money. Hope that helps! ~RB2