Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: No PvP at Launch

124»

Comments

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Look it simples....

For those who wereare happy to wait an extra few months for the PvP to be added can wait those extra few months and then buy the game, that way you're not getting ripped off, lied to or decieved.. as many of you like to claim.

For those who want D3 for the PvE we'll buy it on release, level up and gear up some toons, have a blast with some co-op live on the edge with a hardcore character (perma-death) and if we feel up to it hit the PvP when the patch hits.

Now lets all crawl under our respective rocks and wait for release.

• mymmomymmo Member UncommonPosts: 311

maybe you guys should look into path of exile :)

Eve online and +1500 steam games in the back cataloge makes me a stressed out gamer.
  • tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791

PVP can be fun, something for the longterm, but the co-op play and campaign is where it's at.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

Originally posted by bronecar

Screw PvP, don't care about it when playing Diablo.

Agree completely. And releasing pvp in non completed state or even worse, damaging to non pvp, would be even worse.

• jeremyjodesjeremyjodes Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 679

It will do fine. doomed no. it's a blizzard game people have waited man many years for.

PVP wont be a DLC that cost money. blizzards not that stupid. and if they did,you know a crapton of people would buy it.

• VindictusVindictus Member UncommonPosts: 49

Looks like I'll pick this up a year or two after release when it's $9.99 and just play through it once  for fun. Doesn't seem like it's worth much more than that at this point.

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

'As we’re counting down the days until we’re ready to announce a release date for Diablo III..'-blizzard.

lawl.

• Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636

So I'm curious, with all the stuff they've been cutting and/or omitting from the launch, does that mean they're going to lower the price as well, since you're getting less and less game for your money?

I'm guessing not. 

And if they decide to release the PvP as DLC later, well, I expect there to be some fallout over that.

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Once upon a time, this would be unacceptable for Blizzard standards. However, after the butchering job they've done on the game itself, it doesn't surprise me one bit.

Blizzard. Sad times indeed.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Originally posted by mymmo

maybe you guys should look into path of exile :)

PoE looks, feels and plays more like a Diablo successor than D3 although it needs work. D3 reminds me more of Torchlight than Diablo.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636

Originally posted by Yamota

This will mkae them lose a couple ofhoundreds of  thousands subs. Not sure they will regain those later with a patch, you get one shot to get people aboard...

That's certainly so with MMOs.. But I don't think that's necessarily the case with Diablo III. I mean, how many years later is it, and people are still buying and playing Diablo II and Starcraft I. 

I do agree many likely will pass or hold off 'til PvP is implemented, but I don't see them staying away forever.

• ZeGermanZeGerman Member UncommonPosts: 211

Blizzard Games do not all break Sales Records.  Do not confuse past success with current dominance.  Starcraft 2 was a comparative failure even if a monitary success.  As such the companies reputation has taken a big hit.  Even though this game will still be monitarily successful the decission blizzard has made over the last few years will continue and they will continue to fall from the monolith that they have been in the past.

• GardavsshadeGardavsshade Member UncommonPosts: 907

Originally posted by Zookz1

Originally posted by orbitxo

this game is so doomed.

I blame all the amp they started early last year - they should of done what Anet has been doin with GW2- just releasing stuff as they finish- no expectations with exeptional previews!

When the game launches and breaks sales records like every other Blizzard game, I guess it will still be doomed huh?

Breaking sales records doesn't mean squat about whether it is a great game or not.

If Players are still playing it and enthused about it 6 months after release ... in other words if the Customers are still happy with D3 then.... THEN we can all figure it's a Great Game. Can't really call it until then.

Think beyond money and profit and consider long term quality and customer satisfaction as real indicators of whether a game is great or not.

----

No PvP at launch huh? OK then. Everyone has time to play the game through and get comfortable with it in solo and coop, then everyone can dive into PvP when Blizzard makes it available. I see this as acceptable.

Better to release PvP working correctly then to release it broke.

• Impulse47Impulse47 Member UncommonPosts: 159
    Originally posted by Impulse47

Yep.  PvP tournaments in Diablo II were the only reason any sane person had to play.
    PvE = Yay, lets farm Baal so that we can farm Baal even faster.  Then we can farm Baal some more so that we can farm Baal.  Want to farm Baal?
    Won't be buying until PvP is officially added.  And probably not even then, since I'll have already lost interest.  Terrible move, Blizzard.  RIP Diablo franchise.

Correct, as usual.