Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: No PvP at Launch

Comments

• UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571
    LWow this game is fucked. Thank you blizzard for ruining the next chapter to my favorite game of all time. Seriously? Removing PvP at launch...well the skys begun to fall...I hope I can get my refund back.
  • CeridithCeridith Member UncommonPosts: 2,980

Cutting content left and right, but the RMAH is still good to go.

Nice to know where Blizzard's priorities lie.

Does't matter to me though, it just makes Torchlight 2 look more and more appealing.

• SadOldGamerSadOldGamer Member Posts: 18

Originally posted by bronecar

Screw PvP, don't care about it when playing Diablo.

Same here, I don't even want to play PvP in Diablo like (Titan Quest, Torchlight ect.) games, I just enjoy clearing out every corner of the map from every mob and chest all day long ;)

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

PvPrs just go play warhammer online , EvE or LoL-its basically better graphics and cool pvp system! no need to be dissapointed with these WoW cookie cutter pvp systems in D3. besides theyre prob waiting to see what GW2 have up their sleeve with their PVP system....

<.<

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290

Oh if I knew the things I did today, I would never have signed up for that annual pass. "But it's a free diablo 3!" Well, half of diablo 3 anyways. And that whole "content" thing, we're not going to have any of that for a while.

Last straw will be when Blizzard announced a diablo 3 "PVP Pack". Only $14.99 to get access to the downloadable PVP aspect of Diablo 3!

• VidirVidir Member UncommonPosts: 963

Good i dislike pvp.

• darkrain21darkrain21 Member UncommonPosts: 383

Originally posted by Jimmydean

Oh if I knew the things I did today, I would never have signed up for that annual pass. "But it's a free diablo 3!" Well, half of diablo 3 anyways. And that whole "content" thing, we're not going to have any of that for a while.

Last straw will be when Blizzard announced a diablo 3 "PVP Pack". Only $14.99 to get access to the downloadable PVP aspect of Diablo 3!

Dont want to burst your bubble even more but the price you paid for the annual contract actually comes out to being almost the same price as 2 copies of a CE D3. So really you didnt get a free copy of diablo unless of corse you are still really into wow and are fine witht eh fact that they contracted you into it.

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290

Originally posted by darkrain21

Dont want to burst your bubble even more but the price you paid for the annual contract actually comes out to being almost the same price as 2 copies of a CE D3. So really you didnt get a free copy of diablo unless of corse you are still really into wow and are fine witht eh fact that they contracted you into it.

Oh the bubble has been burst for a while now. The fact that it is now 16weeks after 4.3 launch, and Mists of Pandaria Beta hasn't even begun. It is now March 12, 2012 and still no release date for Diablo 3.

Blizzard has not only jumped the shark, they've been devoured by the shark and spit out. All thats left is a steaming pile of refuse, known as Activision/Blizzard.

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

Heh, wait for it.  Blizzard is one of the very few companies that could get away with doing something like that.  Some people will buy anything they make, even sight unseen, so pushing something like this could fly for them.

All the big companies are all pushing the boundaries of monetization to see how much they can get away with.  Can't blame them for that.  It's the consumers' obligation to look out for themselves. It's just disheartening, how few of them seem willing or able to do so.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Chances are and recent blizz tweets more or less make a certain we'll get a released date annoucment at blizzard press event this friday.

• SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,488

Diablo III, no longer "launching when it's ready."  

Guess it will be sooner than that now!  :P

• TuchakaTuchaka Member UncommonPosts: 468

cause people wan't it and if its not their you loose out on segment of the community in short pvp is a niche but its a lucritive one

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Least they are pushing it ahead. Lets face it, PvP isn't a huge factor in Diablo games until later on anyways. Rather a game released then making it wait for pvp that won't really even be utilized much till further down the road.

• RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494

A little bit late i would say.

• onelesslightonelesslight Member UncommonPosts: 161

Hmm, seems like they're cutting a lot and acting different than the Blizzard that always waited until the product was 100% (or pretty darn close). I guess I shouldn't complain because my whole intention is to duo the co-op content with my s.o., but it still seems odd of them.

Originally posted by Vindicta

Hmm, seems like they're cutting a lot and acting different than the Blizzard that always waited until the product was 100% (or pretty darn close). I guess I shouldn't complain because my whole intention is to duo the co-op content with my s.o., but it still seems odd of them.

Patching in PvP at a later date rather than adding 2-3 months more to the release date is far more appealing to me and the majority of others, and blizzard know that.

Blizzard are not known for rushing their games but even by Blizz standards D3 has dragged on.  So they delay some content meh, people would be far more upset if they dealyed the game just for some arena based PvP.

• Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675

Bizzard could relaese this game with 10% of the content it has now and still millions of people will buy it just cause.

But PVP to me means very little, but ill still be passing on this game, have to say I am disspointed in blizzrds vision in the last couple years, seems to me this company went downhill after the saw so much success at making games easy with very little challenge and instant reward.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Ouch, more bad news from Blizzard's end. Definitely not a good year for threequels. While I understand that PvP may not be a big deal for some, it should still raise concerns. Why? Because you are still paying the same price for less content (and possibly less quality) in a game you want to play. By giving in to this, you can expect to see this more in the future (and it will probably be worse each time) as you are basically reconfirming w/ the company that they can basically screw over the consumer however they please to get those quarterlies looking nice for their next board meeting.

Cutting PvP doesn't just mean there won't be PvP at launch, but it also means that they've had (all this time) resources devoted to a system they aren't using. It's a waste of resources they could've been using to make the parts you do care about better. Also, as some have already joked about a 'PvP patch at a later date' doesn't guaruntee that it will be free. And further more, name one game that has had a PvP patch, where the PvP was actually decent? This approach has always failed in the passed. A tacked on system is a tacked on system, and I have yet to see any company (even Blizzard) tack on a system and have it not feel like it was just thrown in there w/ no real thought.

Not to mention, that them cutting game features, yet keeping a cash shop, should make it pretty blatant what their business strategy is for this game. The economy may not be in a bubble atm, but it's also not declining anymore (at least not for america), that's not much of an excuse atm. Personally, I'm sick of the monetization angel that some of the larger game studios are pushing. It's basically an attempt to make consumers take their financial hits for them, paying more for less.

Originally posted by aesperus

Ouch, more bad news from Blizzard's end. Definitely not a good year for threequels. While I understand that PvP may not be a big deal for some, it should still raise concerns. Why? Because you are still paying the same price for less content (and possibly less quality) in a game you want to play. By giving in to this, you can expect to see this more in the future (and it will probably be worse each time) as you are basically reconfirming w/ the company that they can basically screw over the consumer however they please to get those quarterlies looking nice for their next board meeting.

Cutting PvP doesn't just mean there won't be PvP at launch, but it also means that they've had (all this time) resources devoted to a system they aren't using. It's a waste of resources they could've been using to make the parts you do care about better. Also, as some have already joked about a 'PvP patch at a later date' doesn't guaruntee that it will be free. And further more, name one game that has had a PvP patch, where the PvP was actually decent? This approach has always failed in the passed. A tacked on system is a tacked on system, and I have yet to see any company (even Blizzard) tack on a system and have it not feel like it was just thrown in there w/ no real thought.

Not to mention, that them cutting game features, yet keeping a cash shop, should make it pretty blatant what their business strategy is for this game. The economy may not be in a bubble atm, but it's also not declining anymore (at least not for america), that's not much of an excuse atm. Personally, I'm sick of the monetization angel that some of the larger game studios are pushing. It's basically an attempt to make consumers take their financial hits for them, paying more for less.

They're not cutting PvP, just delaying it and plan to patch it in in the first major patch update.  The PvP is not tacked it, it was playable at events over a year ago.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

This will mkae them lose a couple ofhoundreds of  thousands subs. Not sure they will regain those later with a patch, you get one shot to get people aboard...

• lambchopzinlambchopzin Member Posts: 5

Interesting news. This certainly can only look bad for Blizzard, we'll have to see how this works out I guess.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,875

I do not think people rush out and buy games like we used to. I have bought games long after launch and others do too. Games can patch stuff in and it is done all the time. The bad press this creates wll be a drop in the ocean compared to the number of people that will still buy this game. Don't kid yourself into thinking this will affect sales. The game will sell millions.

• TyvolusNextTyvolusNext Member Posts: 192

Originally posted by kitarad

I do not think people rush out and buy games like we used to. I have bought games long after launch and others do too. Games can patch stuff in and it is done all the time. The bad press this creates wll be a drop in the ocean compared to the number of people that will still buy this game. Don't kid yourself into thinking this will affect sales. The game will sell millions.

If just one person doesnt buy the game due to no PvP, then it has affected sales...please dont kid yourself here.  Unfortunately for blizz, I think its safe to say, that at a MINIMUM, thousands of sales will be lost due to this...and please, dont think for a second Blizz (or any game company) doesnt want you to buy the game NOW -- when they can still sell it for $70 -- if someone waits 2 years and buys it for $19.99 (or less) instead, that does affect the bottom line.  your comments are laughable.

• TyvolusNextTyvolusNext Member Posts: 192

too bad Blizz didnt spend a little less time on that cash shop for the game and a little more time actually making the game full featured and playable at launch.  So much for the "when its done," BS, eh Blizz ?

• gainesvilleggainesvilleg Member CommonPosts: 1,053

Originally posted by kitarad

I think the good games we still rush out and buy.  I've gotten games at midnight on multiple occassions the last couple years LOL.  Now I still buy games way after launch as well, but those are pretty much games I'm only marginally interested in, or which came out right after another game purchase.

If I'm excited about a game I buy it as soon as I can get my paws on it.

GW2 "built from the ground up with microtransactions in mind"
    1) Cash->Gems->Gold->Influence->WvWvWBoosts = PAY2WIN
    2) Mystic Chests = Crass in-game cash shop advertisements