Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New armor sets look horrible...

Comments

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

Awww those Final Fantasy ones are beautiful, I want to play XIV again :)

• ClocksimusClocksimus Member Posts: 354

Originally posted by Dragonantis

Awww those Final Fantasy ones are beautiful, I want to play XIV again :)

How can you play something that isn't even a game? =)

As for the armor in SWTOR, I just dont get why every jedi needs to have plastic wings on their shoulders.  Is this fucntional? and helps them force leap or something?

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

honestly i only liked the jedi shadow new armor, but hoods that are not attached to any chest piece always look weird by themselves.

• Artymus77Artymus77 Member Posts: 140

personally i actaully think that the JC armor looks ok, now what i dont like is like what the OP said about the wings on the shoulders that is really annoying.

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

Originally posted by MikeB

I actually really liked the Republic sets. The Empire ones are a little meh, and I play Empire.

Seriously?

• The smuggler's helmet?

• The Jedi Knight shoulder flaps?

• The consular AoC skirt and yeti boots?
  • DolmongDolmong Member Posts: 515

Stormtrooper looks awesome !! :D

• 4getting20094getting2009 Member UncommonPosts: 178

Originally posted by Dolmong

Stormtrooper looks awesome !! :D

as awsome as a  power ranger.

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

The agent  headpiece sucks. the rest of it is meh. The inquisitor is horrible. I like the BH and Warrior armor except the latters helmet. I like all the republic except the JK shoulder pieces and well...the smuggler looks lame. glad we are suppose to be able to take the mods out.

http://dulfy.net/2012/03/17/1-2-new-armor-models/

Holy cow it's getting worse than ever.

• The sorcerer and the warrior would perfectly fit Rift but not a SW game.

• The BH flap on the back is killing the look and the PVP shoulder pads are ugly,

• The agent helmets are really poor.

• The sage PvE Skirt is ugly and it would better fit AoC, same for the PvP helmet.

• Not only the knight Shoulder pads textures and design does not fits the Knight PvE gear but they look silly. And well the knight helmet itsn't that great either.

• The PvE trooper isn't that bad but the bracers are oversized regarding the rest of the gear. Same for the PvP boots: tune down the upper part they look silly.

• Not very fond of the smuggler's back flap but it's not that bad. The smuggler's PvP helmet is a shame. and the right bracer is way overdone.

In short Sorcerer's == Rift

Warrior == Diablo

Sage == Aoc

Agent == GIJoe / Cobra

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

agreed completely disgusting.

i wouldn't spend 1 hour trying to get any one of those armor pieces. pls dont insult AoC with comparisons. AoC armor sets were some of the best low fantasy sets i've ever seen. this is crap.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

I like the BH sets, trooper sets and Sage pve. The rest is meh. Still, I think its not as bad as the endgame armoursets at release.

Male models

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

i've seen worse..can't remember where lol..btw are they updating the gfx anytime soon?just curious.

• Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636

Originally posted by zipzap

Originally posted by azrael466

Originally posted by William12

Everything you're complaining about is opinion and frankly you seem to want armor to fit the star wars lore when most players could care less about the lore.

Lore, no. Setting, yes.

I'm not even talking about "star wars" as the setting. But it is firmly rooted in science fiction aesthetics. Yea I know the feel of the movies was more science fantasy but it aesthetics where purely science fiction, the inquisitor gear, for instance, looks like a FUCKING SUPERVILLIAN! Not a sci-fi villian, no. But I expect superman to swoop down and hand that bitch a beating!

and yes, it IS opinion and guess what?

THIS IS MY OPINION. You don't have to agree with it. I frankly don't care either way. But coming to a thread and going "yea well thats a nice opnion you have, lollore" both doesn't even make sense and really doesn't bring anything to the discussion..

like he said it YOUR opinion... whats there to dissus? either YOU like or YOU dont

/topic

I dunno. I think we need at least a few more posts discussing how it's azrael's opinion. Just to be sure. A paltry 3 posts pointing it out just doesn't seem sufficient.

Seriously though, sharing and discussing opinions is part of what these forums exist for. As of right now, as I type this, there are 4 pages for the thread of people discussing, agreeing or disagreeing to some degree with the OP's statements. So, it seems there's plenty to discuss.

Originally posted by Superduper69

Originally posted by Khrymson

Was just reading the FFXIV forums, and found this image of the 7 new jobs with their AF=Artifact Gear that was released in Patch 1.21.  Bioware, Blizzard, Turbine, Trion, etc etc etc need to take a page from Square Enix when it comes to sets of armor ~ holy crap they look awesome!

Click here for full sized image!

From Left to Right:

• Black Mage

• White Mage

• Warrior

• Bard

• Monk

• Dragoon

• Paladin

Cool looking armor, only if game wasn't such a mess and didn't feel like stabbing yourself in the eye with a fork dipped in chillie sauce and vinegar.

Of course, you don't have to play the game to look at a screenshot of some armor sets posted for the sake of comparison in a thread discussing armor sets, and not gameplay.

• GajariGajari Member Posts: 984

I thought they all looked pretty good, aside from Smuggler, which is very underwhelming. I really like that robe on the Consular, and the Trooper armor.

Originally posted by Deewe

http://dulfy.net/2012/03/17/1-2-new-armor-models/

Holy cow it's getting worse than ever.

• The sorcerer and the warrior would perfectly fit Rift but not a SW game.

• The BH flap on the back is killing the look and the PVP shoulder pads are ugly,

• The agent helmets are really poor.

• The sage PvE Skirt is ugly and it would better fit AoC, same for the PvP helmet.

• Not only the knight Shoulder pads textures and design does not fits the Knight PvE gear but they look silly. And well the knight helmet itsn't that great either.

• The PvE trooper isn't that bad but the bracers are oversized regarding the rest of the gear. Same for the PvP boots: tune down the upper part they look silly.

• Not very fond of the smuggler's back flap but it's not that bad. The smuggler's PvP helmet is a shame. and the right bracer is way overdone.

In short Sorcerer's == Rift

Warrior == Diablo

Sage == Aoc

Agent == GIJoe / Cobra

The head on the Agent PVE set immediately made me think of Jar Jar Binks, with the big floppy ears. That was an unsettling thought.

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

Muahahahhahahahahahahhahaahha. Sorcerer looks like a pink lady alien from the alien movies.

• cutthecrapcutthecrap Member Posts: 600

I dunno, the new armor sets seem to fit the atmosphere of a Star Wars universe instead of the catwalk of a haute couture festival as the armor in some high fantasy seem to do, so that's good imo. A lot of the clothes in the Star Wars movies weren't exactly high fashion or awesome but clothes that people in their regular business seem to wear, so the clothes seem fine to me. Not the best I've seen but good enough, certainly for the setting.

As for the big fat male models, personally I thought that was a brave and good thing to do. Usually the avatars only facilitate super model body types, or if it has overweight physique you'd end up playing a troll or ogre race or such. Here they just allowed for the undoubtedly heavy overweight body types as a choice. Kudos, not many MMO makers seem to be inclined to include even 1 body type that strays away from perfectly healthy model body types.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Originally posted by DannyGlover

Crafted custom armor will be able to crit an augment slot in 1.2. That leaves us with around 20+ end game armor looks per class and they are adding more. Plus you can take the mods out of raided artifact armor and put them into custom in 1.2 so it really opens up the variety.

Guess m just saying if you dont like the new stuff, you can choose from 20 or so other models so no biggie imo.

Thats going to be a problem, because crafted custom armor will be the only viable armor for min-maxers.

What they should do is allow players to craft augment slots which can be attached to any armor so that PvE / PvP appearances are still valid for players who want maximum stats.

• UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571

Only one that looks good is the Bounty Hunter.  Their art sucks so bad.

And those armor sets are cool as hell from the FFXIV screenshot.  Too bad that game is like stabbing yourself in the eye with a fork dipped in chilli or whatever...and this is coming from somone that played FFXI.  Everything about Square-Enix's latest MMO is so unintuitive.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

WoW forums have these same pointless threads when new sets are released for that.. welcome.

• anothernameanothername Member UncommonPosts: 200

Originally posted by expresso
    WoW forums have these same pointless threads when new sets are released for that.. welcome.

Its pointless in WoW because after far too long time it got appearance tabs (aka transmogging for wowers). AFAIK SWTOR still lacks something like that.

Originally posted by Deewe
    Male models

Bwahahahahaha, damn thats ugly. What game did you photoshopped there? :D
  • RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Is anyone going to do a Star Wars mod for the game?
  • BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

As multi-varied as the bounty hunters of the Star Wars films have been, I'm actually hoping they add even more armor sets.