Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR marketing campaign is huge

13»

Comments

• //\//\oo//\//\oo Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,767

Originally posted by Moaky07

I never played Conan, but IIRC it is PVP focused is it not? TOR is PVE focused, and you can forget trying to compare the fanbase each type of game attracts. TOR has issues with PVP....PVE simply needs things added in. A number of game items are being added in 1.2, and beyond. Thus they will simply need to kick out PVE content after. SOmething EQ did, but WoW failed at.

The contention that TOR will never make 1M subs....it already did. Moot point. The 500k after a yr.....good point. I was already on record stating that with minimal updates, the game will drop to 400 or 500k subs in a yr.  With a major type expansion worth of content, I have no clue how things will sit.

I worded that completely incorrectly; what I meant is that they will not converge to 1 million, but we both agree, so it's moot.

AoC hadn't been PvP focused at release. It didn't even have PvP rewards, but it did have servers with open PvP rulesets that made it enjoyable. AoC's combat still is the most innovative to hit the market in a while, ignoring the FPS hybrids of other games like DarkFall and Fallen Earth.

TOR is basically like the inverse of AoC in the sense that AoC innovated a lot in terms of combat, but delivered little content. TOR's combat is incredibly bland and boring, but it's quest content is AMAZING... well in terms of story and dialogue.

WoW failed for me as a long-term subscriber, because the PvE content was simply too boring given the combat. Having to repeat the same rotation for an hour isn't a challenge, it's a chore. I dreaded nothing more than instances laden with trash mobs

This is a sequence of characters intended to produce some profound mental effect, but it has failed.