Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Griefer Game Ever

VelocinoxVelocinox Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

So, I have been avoiding DCUO because I'm not that inerested in comic books, but I was bored and gave it a shot. Within minutes of getting out into the open world, I saw people stealing quest itmes and objectives, items on the ground, research nodes, and on and on. It's player chaos! No rules and nobody punishing anyone, gold spammers just stand out in the open and spam their sales as fast as they can. It's like SOE doesn't care what you do.

I thought to myself this can't be. So I started trying to grief others, and the next thing I know the players are getting really mad at me, I had one guy send me a tell, he was so mad he could hardly type. It's so easy to screw up the others players fun by taking all of their mission objectives. Special events can be started and ruined without being on the quests (like beating up myxlplicks coin buckets just to destroy them even if you don't have the quest for the day)

I haven't had so much fun! This is a great idea. Instead of having to find ways to ruin the other players fun, BUILD IT RIGHT INTO THE GAME! The only way this game could be more fun is if they included a button to break the other players dog's legs in real life! I swear if I keep at it I bet I can kill someone by giving them an anger heart attack or brain aneurysm, that will be sweet!

'Sandbox MMO' is a PTSD trigger word for anyone who has the experience to know that anonymous players invariably use a 'sandbox' in the same manner a housecat does.

When your head is stuck in the sand, your ass becomes the only recognizable part of you.

No game is more fun than the one you can't play, and no game is more boring than one which you've become familiar.

How to become a millionaire:
Start with a billion dollars and make an MMO.

Comments

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Clever lol.

And you were right...SOE doesn't care. If they did, they'd have done something by now.

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751

Nah, the best griefing comes from people stealing players personal data from the badly secured SOE databases.

SOE rocks, griefing to the max!!!

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• WhySoShortWhySoShort Member Posts: 315

DCUO does have some problems, but I find it interesting that the things you chose to highlight as problems are the things most people on the forums claim they want games to have. Things like open world free for all PvP. DCUO has that plus (and at least one person on this forum insists this is an essential feature) you can't walk through other players. So far as I can tell, the open world part of the game features no phasing; that's why you can snatch quest items right out from under another player's nose. 

Simple put, DCUO actually is pretty hardcore, especially for a F2P game from SOE. 

By the way, I'm pretty sure that research notes and such are always there as permanent fixtures of the landscape and therefore cannot be stolen from others, but I'm probably taking this thread way too seriously anyways. 

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Well i should point out that appart from the collection items(these spawn at random all over town) and the event specific ones normal quests credits everyone who helps out and thus  cut the greifing down a bit... The current event though is a beast of another breed.

But apart from that yes it is pretty much a wild west.. not as bad as the OP makes it sound like but still.

This have been a good conversation

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230

I think it's all about how you play it, as a super hero I have no problem jumping in and saving the hazmat officer while my fellow heroes fight off the bad guys and by the same token I have no problem if they save the hazmat officer while I’m fighting off the bad guys and as for playing a villain well go figure I’m a villain what did you expect?

The re-spawn rate is pretty quick in this game so your own chance to for fill any mission is very good, even the pot of gold quest that’s just started has a fairly high re-spawn rate, you only have to scan/look around the city for a rainbow beam and you’re off and running/flying.

As for the game being a bit wild west, well the city is pretty much under siege, with Brainiac's forces over there and the joker playing up over here, scarecrow up to his old tricks etc.. The place is a war zone or two or three, add in pvp and it’s a near perfect storm.

• ReehayReehay Member Posts: 172

Originally posted by Velocinox

So, I have been avoiding DCUO because I'm not that inerested in comic books, but I was bored and gave it a shot. Within minutes of getting out into the open world, I saw people stealing quest itmes and objectives, items on the ground, research nodes, and on and on. It's player chaos! No rules and nobody punishing anyone, gold spammers just stand out in the open and spam their sales as fast as they can. It's like SOE doesn't care what you do.

I thought to myself this can't be. So I started trying to grief others, and the next thing I know the players are getting really mad at me, I had one guy send me a tell, he was so mad he could hardly type. It's so easy to screw up the others players fun by taking all of their mission objectives. Special events can be started and ruined without being on the quests (like beating up myxlplicks coin buckets just to destroy them even if you don't have the quest for the day)

I haven't had so much fun! This is a great idea. Instead of having to find ways to ruin the other players fun, BUILD IT RIGHT INTO THE GAME! The only way this game could be more fun is if they included a button to break the other players dog's legs in real life! I swear if I keep at it I bet I can kill someone by giving them an anger heart attack or brain aneurysm, that will be sweet!

troll post.

he made a character exactly like the underroos he is wearing and then got ganked by a lvl30 and now is crying sour milk.

DCUO has a huge open world and PVP thrives.. its awesome. ive never had so much fun while getting my ass kicked. it creates thrill and makes me want to play even more to rise in power and join the other Heroes in fighting against the Villians. Ive since reached 30 myself and i have joined the struggle to defeat as many villians as i can. this is immersion. this is the feeling and spirit of Comics: meaningful conflict. im more of a fantasy fan but there are no current fantasy MMOs that support this kind of thrilling lore and fun - yet. like others, i'm following some promising games releasing soon.

ive been playing for 3 months and have never seen anyone complain about taking mission objectives... they respawn so damn fast its not an issue. actually i met the first person on my friends list when i cleared an area to get to an objective and he got to it first. he then joined me to defend it from some villians that came for it too. which is awesome cuz they designed objectives to bring Heroes and Villians into conflict with each other... sooo much damn fun.

this troll fails at being scary.

• gainesvilleggainesvilleg Member CommonPosts: 1,053

Originally posted by Reehay

troll post.

he made a character exactly like the underroos he is wearing and then got ganked by a lvl30 and now is crying sour milk.

DCUO has a huge open world and PVP thrives.. its awesome. ive never had so much fun while getting my ass kicked. it creates thrill and makes me want to play even more to rise in power and join the other Heroes in fighting against the Villians. Ive since reached 30 myself and i have joined the struggle to defeat as many villians as i can. this is immersion. this is the feeling and spirit of Comics: meaningful conflict. im more of a fantasy fan but there are no current fantasy MMOs that support this kind of thrilling lore and fun - yet. like others, i'm following some promising games releasing soon.

ive been playing for 3 months and have never seen anyone complain about taking mission objectives... they respawn so damn fast its not an issue. actually i met the first person on my friends list when i cleared an area to get to an objective and he got to it first. he then joined me to defend it from some villians that came for it too. which is awesome cuz they designed objectives to bring Heroes and Villians into conflict with each other... sooo much damn fun.

Actually his post, although meant to be disparaging, was the first one I've read that actually made me want to go play it LOL.  Wild wild west sounds good to me.  I think it's funny to allow questing interference and competetion for resource nodes.  Why not?  It is a game after all.

GW2 "built from the ground up with microtransactions in mind"
    1) Cash->Gems->Gold->Influence->WvWvWBoosts = PAY2WIN
    2) Mystic Chests = Crass in-game cash shop advertisements

• Badgered86Badgered86 Member UncommonPosts: 175

I call bullshit on the OP.

If you are participating in killing mobs that guard "useable" quest objectives, you will get credit for anyone else using them.  This is actually an excellent feature that encourages people to team up and play together rather than compete for spawns.

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527

They care if you curse, or use offending language people get suspended or banned for it I got a 3 day suspension just for saying the F word once.

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527

Originally posted by gainesvilleg

Originally posted by Reehay

troll post.

Actually his post, although meant to be disparaging, was the first one I've read that actually made me want to go play it LOL.  Wild wild west sounds good to me.  I think it's funny to allow questing interference and competetion for resource nodes.  Why not?  It is a game after all.

Fighting over Exobits with Villans is quite fun on the PVP server if you don't want them getting it fight them for it :D

• StoprunningStoprunning Member CommonPosts: 9

You get credit for these items you are claiming are stolen. All you have to do is damage the mob, and the quest item/credit is given to everyone.

Or, you're just trolling. At least, I hope you are, lol. Sad, if you aren't.