Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Mass effect 3 is anticlimatic (spoilers)

kishekishe aitooPosts: 1,961Member Uncommon

Is it just me or did they basically just watch Battlestar Galactica marathon and THEN decide to write endings to the story?

and whats up with three endings that are basically the same but with different color lightshow?

Last Bioware game i'll buy.

Comments

• CeridithCeridith Toronto, ONPosts: 2,980Member

"... And that's the story of how Bioware ruined a great franchise and screwed countless people out of their money.":

"Grandpa, when I'm old enough can I be screwed by Bioware too?"

"Someday Jimmy... someday..."

• expressoexpresso mePosts: 2,183Member Uncommon

I think I remembered ME2 all wrong, I am sure I thought it was awesome but maybe I remember wrong, I have ME3 bought and installed but dont feel like playing it, I had all last evening to get immersed in it but instead I watched some youtube vids, did a bit of coding on a hobby project and watch some TV.... and tonight I plan to check out the updates to starcraft 2.

• Moaky07Moaky07 Flushing, MIPosts: 2,096Member

Originally posted by kishe

Is it just me or did they basically just watch Battlestar Galactica marathon and THEN decide to write endings to the story?

and whats up with three endings that are basically the same but with different color lightshow?

Well if you are a BSG fan, like a number of us, you will realize the only good ending to that series is if you make up your own. I have heard of "jumping the shark", but from the time the final 5 cyclons were named, BSG took "screwing up their franchise" to an unheard of lvl.

Now since you got practice with rewriting something, do the same with the final 15 mins of ME3. The 15 mins doesnt detract from the great experience the rest of the game is. If there is any justice we will get a re-write DLC, and if not simply end your game when you get to the citadel.

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.

• PurutzilPurutzil East Stroudsburg, PAPosts: 2,924Member Uncommon

Originally posted by Moaky07

Well if you are a BSG fan, like a number of us, you will realize the only good ending to that series is if you make up your own. I have heard of "jumping the shark", but from the time the final 5 cyclons were named, BSG took "screwing up their franchise" to an unheard of lvl.

Now since you got practice with rewriting something, do the same with the final 15 mins of ME3. The 15 mins doesnt detract from the great experience the rest of the game is. If there is any justice we will get a re-write DLC, and if not simply end your game when you get to the citadel.

Don't worry, I'm sure they have tons of little DLC endings that were long finished before game released they will tack on for you for $10 each.

Originally posted by Purutzil

Originally posted by Moaky07

Don't worry, I'm sure they have tons of little DLC endings that were long finished before game released they will tack on for you for $10 each.

I would pay 15 or 20 for the "Super happy ending". I hear Happy endings cost a lot more in Vegas, but the 15 or 20 bucks I can afford.

Hell if EA/BW is so willing to put in content folks  are volunteering to pay for, then where is my Uncle Owen mob in TOR? Ya know, the one that cries out "the PRECioUs" as you burn his arse to a crisp. Bonus if he screams "Pre CU FTL" if ya knock him off the edge of a cliff,  or "Koster blows" when you tell him to pack his bags cause he isnt wanted. I would pay 50 bucks plus for soemthing like that.

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.

• ForTheCityForTheCity Los Angeles, CAPosts: 307Member

Don't understand why everyone likes ME3. Personally for me the gameplay (action) isn't that fun. Tried ME2 and only the demo for ME3 but can't get into it. 

Also by reading this thread I can see the ending is sad. 

Originally posted by ForTheCity

Don't understand why everyone likes ME3. Personally for me the gameplay (action) isn't that fun. Tried ME2 and only the demo for ME3 but can't get into it. 

The is just it though isnt it.....for you something like ME isnt appealing.

I am sure there are things you enjoy that others dont. If everyone liked the same things, life would be pretty bland.

• jessie360jessie360 Raleigh, NCPosts: 65Member

I'm immensely enjoying the game thus far and don't see where all the hate is directed.  A lot of the stories wrap up just fine but I haven't finished the game yet.  Maybe that will change my mind.

Also, it's anti-climaCtic.  With a c.  Climatic has to do with the atmosphere.  The more you know.

• EladiEladi ArnhemPosts: 1,100Member Uncommon

Well atleast I got to have a ending I kinda "liked" tho still no real ending... 

my paragon fem shep took controll of the reaps and I saw everyone cheering, the gates exploded. normandy crashlanded whit joker,liara and james on a what seems paradise unpopulated island and thats it. 

so my companions will survive and have little blue gay kids that break bones fast :P.

btw there 9 endings, not 3.

• iceman00iceman00 Westland, MIPosts: 1,363Member

Originally posted by ForTheCity

It's more lame.  For a company that said the ending would avoid a "reaper off" switch, they produced precisely that, and arrived at doing so through one gigantic deus ex machina, quite literally.

And the whole jungle thing just makes absolutely no friggin sense.

I don't wanna give away too many spoilers for those who haven't fnished it.  But I did last night.  Got the "semi-good" ending, because I didn't realize a few quests were on timers, hence didn't get the max war assets.  (A whole other set of gripes lol.)

I was left with a sour taste based on the ending, and then an even worse taste after all the credits.  The "endgame" itself forced me to knock my original 8 to a 7.7.  It is that bad.

• Kaijin2k3Kaijin2k3 Santa Monica, CAPosts: 558Member

Originally posted by iceman00

I was left with a sour taste based on the ending, and then an even worse taste after all the credits.  The "endgame" itself forced me to knock my original 8 to a 7.7.  It is that bad.

Three-tenths of a point? HOLY CRUD, MAN. Insane... =P Just messing with you Iceman.

Originally posted by Eladi

my paragon fem shep took controll of the reaps and I saw everyone cheering, the gates exploded. normandy crashlanded whit joker,liara and james on a what seems paradise unpopulated island and thats it. 

so my companions will survive and have little blue gay kids that break bones fast :P.

There's 3. The others are just smaller variants of those three.

And honestly? If you get 3000 ems score, which is actually rather easy to get, you'll only ever see those 3. if you want to see the others, you need to get <3000. Got to make make a conscious effort, or rather, you have to ignore a lot of the side content for it.

And again, the differences aren't that extreme. On top of that, the whole sequence is still just littered with plotholes.

Of course, the Deep Breath which is now considered "the" best ending needs 4000 ems if you succeed the last persuasion check you get (5000 otherwise), which so far no one has been able to do without the use of multiplayer.

And it's a 5 second scene difference.

• iceman00iceman00 Westland, MIPosts: 1,363Member

Originally posted by Kaijin2k3

Three-tenths of a point? HOLY CRUD, MAN. Insane... =P Just messing with you Iceman.

Originally posted by Eladi

There's 3. The others are just smaller variants of those three.

And honestly? If you get 3000 ems score, which is actually rather easy to get, you'll only ever see those 3. if you want to see the others, you need to get <3000. Got to make make a conscious effort, or rather, you have to ignore a lot of the side content for it.

And again, the differences aren't that extreme. On top of that, the whole sequence is still just littered with plotholes.

Of course, the Deep Breath which is now considered "the" best ending needs 4000 ems if you succeed the last persuasion check you get (5000 otherwise), which so far no one has been able to do without the use of multiplayer.

And it's a 5 second scene difference.

As far as I'm aware, you can get the "best" ending entirely through singleplayer.  The only thing is, you really have to stay on top of every side quest.  Almost doing them the very second you get them.  If you stop to yawn, chances are it will have expired, without your knowledge.

Granted, I used a trainer to get that "best" ending.  And it still isn't anything that good.

• Kaijin2k3Kaijin2k3 Santa Monica, CAPosts: 558Member

As far as I'm aware, you can get the "best" ending entirely through singleplayer.  The only thing is, you really have to stay on top of every side quest.  Almost doing them the very second you get them.  If you stop to yawn, chances are it will have expired, without your knowledge.

Granted, I used a trainer to get that "best" ending.  And it still isn't anything that good.

No one has shown getting 4000 ems without multiplayer.

Some people have claimed so, but upon further explanation, it became apparent they were confusing tms with ems.

The few that showed screenshots had a readiness over 50%, meaning they used mp to get the 4000 ems score.

So until someone does, for now, it's labeled as "impossible."

But if you know of how,, or can show a screenshot of having 4000 ems with no mp play, I know there's a ton of people on the BSN that would absolutely love you!