Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Icing on the cake features that you would like to see?

DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Not much more to the question than what's in the OP.

One thing I'd like to see would be a TES form of lore introduction within the world. While scripted events and dialogue do the trick to an extent. Nothing does it better than how TES handles it, books, lots of collectable books to purchase, find, or even steal. I am not familar with the lore in GW, I played GW1 but I really only PVP'd and unlocked skills. It would be great to learn about it in such a fashion.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Comments

• MechanismMechanism Member UncommonPosts: 143

Some way of saving builds that's quick to use.

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

Originally posted by Distopia

One thing I'd like to see would be a TES form of lore introduction within the world. While scripted events and dialogue do the trick to an extent. Nothing does it better than how TES handles it, books, lots of collectable books to purchase, find, or even steal. I am not familar with the lore in GW, I played GW1 but I really only PVP'd and unlocked skills. It would be great to learn about it in such a fashion.

I would also like to be able to have bookshelves in my personal instance, to store said books.  :T

Even if they didn't show up physically, just being able to click on a bookshelf and read various stories from books I've put into the bookshelf.

It'd also be nice to be able to write your own stories in custom books, but that's super unlikely. D:

• romanator0romanator0 Member Posts: 2,382

2-handed axes please.

• KingJigglyKingJiggly Member Posts: 777

I want my Dervish... r something like it.

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

Spears, pikes and javelins for weapons.

• Slyther_ZeroSlyther_Zero Member Posts: 127

Originally posted by KingJiggly

I really hope they bring in dervish in future expansions! Loved the dervish, was so unique just like the mesmer. 

Also i'd love to see some 2h axes as well. Dont know why they arn't in-game already.

• austriacusaustriacus Member UncommonPosts: 618

Originally posted by Distopia

If your asking for books with some lore in it scatered around the world then im pretty sure its already in. Saw it in a video of TB i believe i think there is also a video where it shows all the ones that are available, i think they are 30 or so.

• DiovidiusDiovidius Member UncommonPosts: 1,026

Originally posted by Slyther_Zero

Originally posted by KingJiggly

I really hope they bring in dervish in future expansions! Loved the dervish, was so unique just like the mesmer. 

If you make the Dervish non-religious and replace the scythe with other weapons and you give it heavy armor, it's the Guardian.

Besides, the Dervish wouldn't work because it would have to be playable by all races and only one of them believes in the six gods.

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

as much as I see they are unneeded... I like mounts >.<

also Dervishes because so many want them and they are a nice, unigue prof

@diovidius(sp?) ppl can convert =P so its not unfeasable

Originally posted by ariboersma

Individuals can, sure, but large groups of Charr? No way.

• Garvon3Garvon3 Member CommonPosts: 2,898

An uninstanced world.

• SiderasSideras Member Posts: 231

I'm getting the feeling they've already got the icing covered. :P

Every previewer seems to have some form of "wow that's a nice little detail I never expected" experience, I think that will do it for me atleast. The little things.

Originally posted by Diovidius

why not? many large groups of individuals in many races change religions. They might be looked down on.. and that might be interested RP but sure it COULD be done. Look at Christianity in Asia >.<

• Fir3lineFir3line Member Posts: 767
    The world isnt instanced, where does that idea come from

"I am not a robot. I am a unicorn."

Originally posted by Fir3line

What do you call the dungeons and your personal storyline? They're instanced.

he is confused... [mod edit] The world is NOT instanced.

Originally posted by Garvon3

What do you call the dungeons and your personal storyline? They're instanced.

How do I break this to you.... that is not the world.. those are instanced events... the world is that big place where all the ppl are and the DEs and the PVP area.

An uninstanced world.

Trololol.

why not? many large groups of individuals in many races change religions. They might be looked down on.. and that might be interested RP but sure it COULD be done. Look at Christianity in Asia >.<

Christianity in Asia is a bad example, religion was already there. This is not the case with the Charr. Seriously, everything in the way Anet set up the Charr makes them anti-theistic, especially towards human religion, both for historical reasons (being oppressed by the Flame Legion and their false gods) and for cultural reasons (hating and looking down on humans).

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Charr

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Ecology_of_the_Charr

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Movement_of_the_World#Charr

An uninstanced world.

Trololol.

Christianity in Asia is a bad example, religion was already there. This is not the case with the Charr. Seriously, everything in the way Anet set up the Charr makes them anti-theistic, especially towards human religion, both for historical reasons (being oppressed by the Flame Legion and their false gods) and for cultural reasons (hating and looking down on humans).

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Charr

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Ecology_of_the_Charr

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Movement_of_the_World#Charr

I am just playing devils advocate here... and it is similar as CHarr have had worship issues in the past.. just look at the EOTN storyline. My point is just that it isnt impossible. People "find god" all the time.

I'm literally speechless with this astounding stupidity

I know right? Trying to pretend there aren't instances in this game. Someone needs to read up a bit on the game.

And please, no one try that line of "in what game AREN'T dungeons instanced?". We've not fallen so far from real MMOs that we believe that instanced dungeons aren't part of the game world, have we ?

So by your statement the world of wow is also instanced? No it HAS INSTANCES in it but the WORLD isnt instanced... the world is free roaming where everyone goes, instances such as dungeons and PRIVATE story quests are apart from the world as it has to be. So stop being a jerk and READ.

• Fir3lineFir3line Member Posts: 767
    So, wow is an instanced game by your parameters?

Warhammer too?

"I am not a robot. I am a unicorn."

I know right? Trying to pretend there aren't instances in this game. Someone needs to read up a bit on the game.

And please, no one try that line of "in what game AREN'T dungeons instanced?". We've not fallen so far from real MMOs that we believe that instanced dungeons aren't part of the game world, have we ?

So by your statement the world of wow is also instanced?

With all the phasing it has? Mostly.

You folks were trying to tell me that elements of the game world were not instanced. This is false. The dungeons are instanced. So yes, the feature I want, is an entirely uninstanced game world, whereas now we have a partially instanced game world.

Now that I've broken it down for you, can you understand?

You folks were trying to tell me that elements of the game world were not instanced. This is false. The dungeons are instanced. So yes, the feature I want, is an entirely uninstanced game world, whereas now we have a partially instanced game world.

have you ever played AoC? That midlvl dugeon that isnt instanced... ever had to wait for 2 hours waiting for a boss to spawn? Its a BAD IDEA!

So, wow is an instanced game by your parameters?

Warhammer too?

Yes and double yes. And not by my parameters, by the very definition of what an instance is.

Yes, you want the game to change to something it's not by removing content from the game instead of suggesting something which can be added without changing the game and removing content.