Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

tell us the small little things that you dont like/prefer in this game

1235»

Comments

• silvermembersilvermember Member UncommonPosts: 526

Originally posted by Nasa

What I don't like so much:

1. The bend over running animation. Humans run upright, go watch running sport on youtube

2. The WvW server bonus for all. Only those that have participated in WvW should get the bonus

why on point 2? Or do you just hate how people are getting bonuses for not participating? Which is fine, but getting the bonuses is the least of your problems, since you have to first win. Also i doubt Arenanet are the type to punish people for not participating in something they don't like.

• CorthagathCorthagath Member Posts: 291

hello guys, its mr. OP over here ... like i said in the original post, keep it civil .. no need to attack or get hooked on topic of a complitely different matter. i dont really post too much in here, and i rarely ever make a thread out of anything, so when i finally do it, i dont want it to get locked up :) i see lot of nice points going on, nice ideas that people are throwing in the air ... keep it that way, just saying..

• KitynKityn Member UncommonPosts: 117

Originally posted by austriacus

Originally posted by Kityn

Cap on party size is 5 for PvE and that Dungeons do not scale. That you have to go to town each and every time to repec and then go back out to kill mobs to test out new builds.

Cap on party size is 5 but there are ways for a "commander" to have a lot of subbordinates on the open world.

That is true, but I was really referring to the fact that you can not have more than 5 people in a Dungeon. I should have been more clear about it. My apologies.

• kzaskekzaske Member UncommonPosts: 518

My biggest "gripe" about Guild Wars 2; that I have seen so far is the visual quality (or lack of it).  I am not saying that it is anywhere near as bad as most of the games out there, but it is definatly not up to Arena-Net's standards set with the orginal game.

Maybe it's just me, but I really dislike stylized un-real looking graphics.  I am still delighted with the graphics of the orginal game, and they keep updating them.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Originally posted by Nasa

What I don't like so much:

2. The WvW server bonus for all. Only those that have participated in WvW should get the bonus

This is what bonds players from the same server.

Before they changed it in GW1, this worked the exact same way there. When your server reveiced favour of the gods because of wins in PVP, certain dungeons were accessible and shrines became active to give you a bonus, In the main city pve'ers cheered in those times for their 'hometeam' :p

(Later on they changed it so that PVE accomplishments granted favour of the gods.)

It is also an incentive for unexperienced players to try WvWvW to help gaining the server bonus. I think this is a very good way of doing things.

• DiovidiusDiovidius Member UncommonPosts: 1,026

Originally posted by kzaske

My biggest "gripe" about Guild Wars 2; that I have seen so far is the visual quality (or lack of it).  I am not saying that it is anywhere near as bad as most of the games out there, but it is definatly not up to Arena-Net's standards set with the orginal game.

Maybe it's just me, but I really dislike stylized un-real looking graphics.  I am still delighted with the graphics of the orginal game, and they keep updating them.

GW1 had it easy though, with it not being an MMO and all that.

• ValentynValentyn Member Posts: 11

I'm a huge fan of the loot system where everyone has their own loot off of each mob. This, along with the lack of holy trinity, means that you can bring someone because they're a great player. In other games you might leave out that player because you either don't need their class, or because they're YOUR class and you want the loot.

Also everyone being able to gather from the same crafting nodes is a nice touch. Really I'm a big fan of anything in this game that encourages you to play with other players rather than solo.

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head that I dislike is that there's no offhand sword option for Thieves.

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

>.< this has got to be a troll... either that or you are looking at ohhhhh SWTOR or Lime Odessey or something...GW2 looks amazing and although the artwork is stylized the graphics aren't. 

• SythionSythion Member Posts: 422

Originally posted by ariboersma

>.< this has got to be a troll... either that or you are looking at ohhhhh SWTOR or Lime Odessey or something...GW2 looks amazing and although the artwork is stylized the graphics aren't. 

Actually, I would say something similar. It's probably what made me most disappointed in the game.

I generally like stylized visuals, but something about the character models and animations just rubbed me the wrong way. It's almost like they have a bit of a Team Fortress 2 style to the characters, which contrasts with the quality of the world, imo.

• MetanolMetanol Member UncommonPosts: 248

Originally posted by Sythion

Actually, I would say something similar. It's probably what made me most disappointed in the game.

I generally like stylized visuals, but something about the character models and animations just rubbed me the wrong way. It's almost like they have a bit of a Team Fortress 2 style to the characters, which contrasts with the quality of the world, imo.

Just dropping my two cents here!

I didn't actually have any problem with the graphics, or the characters - but the horrible special effects and animations! Why, I stress; -WHY- does everything have to be so flashy and epic? Why can't my warrior with a 2h-sword just use some nice fighting tactics instead of doing an epic anime slashy-slashy-flashy-flashy "one hundred blades", or whatever it was. Same applies to rangers and thieves concerning melee.

Just... Why? Who thought that it would be cool for our characters to jump around like bunnies while waving a sword which should weight 3kgs, but instead looks like it's just not there even, dosn't weight anything. The ripostes and such are cool as skills, and those I totally encourage, but Why are we given skills with hammer which Hit The Ground and then Enemies Go Flying Around(!?!?! WHAT!? Since when... oh, forget it, physics, go out, we're playing an MMO now. Also - Throwing Greatswords? WhaT? Throw your greatsword, it deals damage, cripples foes, and then RETURNS TO YOU, please explain and I'll at least give it a chance..)

EDIT: Don't give me the bullshit of MOBA games, that the enemy has to see what skill I'm using. No, he does not! If he sees a warrior charging with a greatsword, he should take defensive action, that's it.

We?re all dead, just say it.