Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Amazing new "Scroll of Resurrection" Incentives!!!

13»

Comments

• RzepRzep Member UncommonPosts: 767

To me this all seems like the wrong way to get people to come back...I wish Blizzard would go the Trion route of keeping their players. Monthly meaty content patches do more than Scroll of Resurrection incentives I think.

• headphonesheadphones Member Posts: 611

Originally posted by girdisorder

Blizzard needs to try harder to get me back, maybe throw in a free hookers and blow.

given blizz's track record, the hookers would be leftovers from tera (pre-jiggly, which is why they're leftovers) and the blow would come in the form of a hayfever spray (which wouldn't actually ease your hayfever and has a disclaimer on the bottle telling you it may cause inflammation of your sinuses).

• headphonesheadphones Member Posts: 611

i know one way blizz could've doubled their subs.

they could've talked anet into offering free beta weekends to everyone who subbed.

• muttleymuttley Member UncommonPosts: 17

i'm going for it. i play solo and since i'm retired and i can play 24/7. i play nonstop for a one month sub and then don't play again for a year. i think i have played about 6 months total and i think i have a level 78 or 79. i'll probably play nonstop for the 7 days and not resub.

• el_muerteel_muerte Member Posts: 191

Originally posted by Azrile

Originally posted by fivoroth

OMFG, I can get a mage (the only class I don't have) instantly leveled to 80 :O 

This deal is just ridiculously good to be real. I already have cata and I am on one of the most populated EU servers but the instant level 80 is pure win for someone who has levelled a million toons :D

If you don´t currently have it, then you can´t get it jumped to 80.   When you accept this offer, you choose one of your old characters to get the boost.  You cannot use it on a new character ( you do it before you actually log into the game.).

Wrong.  If you read the Scroll of Resurrection FAQ, you'd know that you can create a new character and boost it after accepting the invite.

• kantseemekantseeme Member Posts: 709

Originally posted by Valua

Originally posted by Deathofsage

I'll bite.

MMOs should not give away nearly level-capped characters. It creates a plethora of new/returning players that don't understand the class they're playing. "What? What totems? I'm a shaman dude." or "What do you mean Moonkin can't heal?"

That's only true in games were classes are actually hard to play.

The classes in WoW can almost be mastered in a couple of hours of play, so hopefully within those 5 levels the player will know the general gist of their character when they hit 85.

But yeah, I don't really like the sounds of players running around not knowing what to do :/

And this is ok? WoW = easy mode and because WoW is the industry standered, other games in the genre follow suit. See the problem?

• azrael466azrael466 Member Posts: 365

Originally posted by kantseeme

Originally posted by Valua

Originally posted by Deathofsage

I'll bite.

MMOs should not give away nearly level-capped characters. It creates a plethora of new/returning players that don't understand the class they're playing. "What? What totems? I'm a shaman dude." or "What do you mean Moonkin can't heal?"

That's only true in games were classes are actually hard to play.

The classes in WoW can almost be mastered in a couple of hours of play, so hopefully within those 5 levels the player will know the general gist of their character when they hit 85.

But yeah, I don't really like the sounds of players running around not knowing what to do :/

And this is ok? WoW = easy mode and because WoW is the industry standered, other games in the genre follow suit. See the problem?

He never said it was a good thing, he just said BECAUSE WoW classes are so easy to play, that alone isn't an excuse to damn the "bring a character to level 80!" part of the incentives.

I think devolpers will soon realize that gamers won't tolerate second rate WoW-Ripoffs or even games that follow too closely to the formula. AION, RIFT, SWTOR, I'm sure a few more, are testiment to that.

Playing
    Nothing
    waiting for
    The secret world
    Played
    WoW, DCU online, star wars: the old republic, city of heroes, city of villains, everquest, plenty more I'm probably forgetting or aren't worth noting.

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

Not sure why WoW players are cool with. If you want to know why this is by far the most retarded idea ever introduced into mmo's look at what I searched on google below

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&gs_nf=1&tok=O0G-HED6DQm8CmQVQiphcA&cp=9&gs_id=6t&xhr=t&q=buy+wow+characters&pf=p&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&oq=buy+wow+c&aq=0&aqi=g4&aql=&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=bfbad756b3e0f08f&biw=1101&bih=532

^ DO NOT CLICK ANY OF THE RESULT LINKS. JUST FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES

This is easily one of the greatest changes to a mmorpg in the history of them if you run a RMT account selling site. It is impossible to state the amount of money these guys are about to pull in. This is a purely greedy move by Blizzard which in no way shape or form takes into account the consequences of their actions on the playerbase.

• azrael466azrael466 Member Posts: 365

Originally posted by Puremallace

Not sure why WoW players are cool with. If you want to know why this is by far the most retarded idea ever introduced into mmo's look at what I searched on google below

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&gs_nf=1&tok=O0G-HED6DQm8CmQVQiphcA&cp=9&gs_id=6t&xhr=t&q=buy+wow+characters&pf=p&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&oq=buy+wow+c&aq=0&aqi=g4&aql=&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=bfbad756b3e0f08f&biw=1101&bih=532

^ DO NOT CLICK ANY OF THE RESULT LINKS. JUST FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES

This is easily one of the greatest changes to a mmorpg in the history of them if you run a RMT account selling site. It is impossible to state the amount of money these guys are about to pull in. This is a purely greedy move by Blizzard which in no way shape or form takes into account the consequences of their actions on the playerbase.

No one buys wow accounts anymore it seems. I know right after WOTLK a friend sold his WoW account for like 300 bucks...Now they tend to go for like 50..

Playing
    Nothing
    waiting for
    The secret world
    Played
    WoW, DCU online, star wars: the old republic, city of heroes, city of villains, everquest, plenty more I'm probably forgetting or aren't worth noting.