Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I know its not saying a lot...

... but this is by far the best MMO browser strategy game I have ever played. It beats Travian hands down atleast. I cant go into specifics because the game is still in closed beta phase and thus is under NDA, but it is well worth getting into.

Can recommend, closed beta keys going out all the time. 

Comments

• tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791

Hmm, seems pretty good so far.

• zastroph2zastroph2 Member Posts: 8

Am I missing something or is this game broken?

Every time I do anything it adds to the time required to do the next action. With the result being that it is a 4 hour wait just to upgrade a base building! Also, if attacking, there is a 2 minute wait between being able to attack again!

If this is the way the game play actually is, then why would anyone want to play, the grass outside grows faster...

• RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455

I played the earliest beta version of this game, and it was pretty solid, but then instead of adding more content, they decided to slow the game down to snails pace, up to the point where at around level 20 you'd only be able to do 2-3 attacks per day after which your 'repair points' would run out. Beta testers were up in arms for weeks about the horrible changes they kept making patch after patch, completely ignoring all feedback.

This is basically not the command and conquer you're looking for... But if you're looking for a slow grindy game that lets you click stuff for 10 minutes per 24-48 hours, then this is your game. Not to mention a nice cash shop will be added on top of it, probably to allow you to buy 'repair points' and 'command points' if I had to take a guess based on EA's history.

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

Originally posted by raapnaap

I played the earliest beta version of this game, and it was pretty solid, but then instead of adding more content, they decided to slow the game down to snails pace, up to the point where at around level 20 you'd only be able to do 2-3 attacks per day after which your 'repair points' would run out.

This is basically not the command and conquer you're looking for... But if you're looking for a slow grindy game that lets you click stuff for 10 minutes per 24-48 hours, then this is your game. Not to mention a nice cash shop will be added on top of it, probably to allow you to buy 'repair points' and 'command points' if I had to take a guess based on EA's history.

so its a facebook game with a CnC texture pack?? ahh fun times... and by fun times i mean ... spending it actually playin CnC games not FB games... 

im not a big fan of browser games anymore.. i dabble in some FB games like backyard bordem and crap but all these time consuming "rts" games that try to trick you to plaster credit card bills with it.. arent as fun as the real deal anymore.. 

i know DoW got away from the day long RTS gaming per matches... but making me spend actual real days to build 1 building to do 1% of what i can do doesnt sound very fun.. least from a RTS CnC  stand point... 

didnt they try the 10minute matches with the last tib war CnC game?? now they are doing slow mode FB gaming??

• BandenBanden Member Posts: 83

Its not MMORTS, MMORPG.com and RTS-guru are just being muppets again, Phenomic themselves doesnt even call their game mmorts. The correct term is browser strategy game, it falls into the same category as Travian and Heroes of might and magic online.

Yeah, the cash shop is pretty terrible to the game. At my current level I can double the amount of command points I have available a day if I spend money on it. They stated that they wanted a player with less time to be competitive with a player with more time but what they implimented is clearly not balanced and is pretty seriously pay-2-win.

It still beats every other browser strategy game I have played. Nice way to waste a couple of hours a day.