Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Guild Summit Livestream

Comments

• insanejoshinsanejosh Member Posts: 26

Originally posted by eyeswideopen

Originally posted by Distopia

Originally posted by newbo

Never have I ever had significant FPS drops in a warzone. The worst I've had was on Ilum with 20v20, and even that was relatively playable. Learn to maintain your hardware if you are having issues in Huttball, drivers and such can help with your preformance sometimes. It's too bad you are getting such horrible FPS.

Yes, it's obviously everyone's hardware, when those with the issues outnumber those without them. image

Yes because you know the percentage and have hard evidence to back this comment up? image

No there's no proof outside of my actually playing for months in beta and two months of launch as personal experience, the numerous threads on the official forums since launch, and numerous videos on youtube and elsewhere.

Obviously, i'm making it all up.

Sad when I can pull 60+fps in AoC ( which itself has a shit engine )in DX9 and 30+fps in DX10 with EVERY option enabled and be lucky to stay above 30fps with everything on high in ToR in its DX9 ( which has very few options available ).

I rarely hit below 100fps in ToR with everything on max settings. The only place I lag is in Ilum, when it's usually 50+ players on the screen at once, but that is to be expected. I'm not sure why people are having so many problems. Most of my problems went away in the recent patches and after updating all of my drivers. I'm on a mid to high end PC.

• KakkzookaKakkzooka Member Posts: 591

Can I just interject in the hardware debate for a quick second?

Is the game content any better at 100 FPS than it is at 30 FPS?

Re: SWTOR

"Remember, remember - Kakk says 'December.'"

• jacklojacklo Member Posts: 570

To those going on about specs,,, they are saying right now that they are aware that a lot of people with even high end specs are having problems.

Can that be the end of it please? It came from their own mouths.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by jacklo

I had no issues throughout beta or live, so I am right... is that how this works?

The problem is that those who feel the game plays well for them, assume it's the same for everyone.

The fact is the game was rushed for the christmas launch and is poorly optimised. It actually works better for some people on relatively mediocre hardware than it does for some people with really high-end gear.

Denying this is just horrific and the cause for too many silly arguments.

I'm a 45 year old IT professional and to be told I need to learn how to maintain my hardware... well you can imagine.

Yes of course, I'm not denying people have issues, I know people IRL who do,  and some have better PC's than I do. I understand your point here, I just hate people making statements such as the one I replied to, especially when they present in such a way.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

Originally posted by Kakkzooka

Errrrrrr..........sadly no but I would say the game engine is 1/3 optimized.

• KakkzookaKakkzooka Member Posts: 591

Originally posted by MMOGamer71

Errrrrrr..........sadly no but I would say the game engine is 1/3 optimized.

Right on! image

Re: SWTOR

"Remember, remember - Kakk says 'December.'"

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Yes of course, I'm not denying people have issues, I know people IRL who do,  and some have better PC's than I do. I understand your point here, I just hate people making statements such as the one I replied to, especially when they present in such a way.

It's the same old same old fella.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Never have I ever had significant FPS drops in a warzone. The worst I've had was on Ilum with 20v20, and even that was relatively playable. Learn to maintain your hardware if you are having issues in Huttball, drivers and such can help with your preformance sometimes. It's too bad you are getting such horrible FPS.

Yes, it's obviously everyone's hardware, when those with the issues outnumber those without them. image

Not to mention they can play anything else without those problems.

I don't have any FPS or lag problems in SWTOR nor anything else I play (Skyrim, Rift, Crysis, etc...) maybe it's because I know what I'm doing when I build and tweak my PCs? Just saying...

There ARE legitimate reasons to knock SWTOR (lack of decent open world PVP being my #1 gripe) but when I hear people like you quote cliched gripes about what we who play the game know are not issues, it's like posting a sign on your forehead that says "I hate SWTOR and I is Troll"

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654

Does this look like a hasty, damage-control fest, or is it just me?

You're not alone.

The last guy even slipped and started to say "saving sub.. and other things".

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • DreadbladeDreadblade Member Posts: 384

They are in full damage control atm, just look at the numbers the last few weeks, they have been nose diving and now they want everyone to wait at least another month for 1.2. Now if I was to wager they threw early April out there so they can deliver the patch say March 26th and say look at us we are awesome.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

Originally posted by Iselin

I don't have any FPS or lag problems in SWTOR nor anything else I play (Skyrim, Rift, Crysis, etc...) maybe it's because I know what I'm doing when I build and tweak my PCs? Just saying...

There ARE legitimate reasons to knock SWTOR (lack of decent open world PVP being my #1 gripe) but when I hear people like you quote cliched gripes about what we who play the game know are not issues, it's like posting a sign on your forehead that says "I hate SWTOR and I is Troll"

Huh?

Perhaps I should point you to post number 54:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/4803903

It's a known issue.

Originally posted by Kabaal

It's the same old same old fella.

Yeah I'm aware :P, should have just stuck to my guns and not commented on this game, or the drama surrounding it anymore, heh.

• Zlayer77Zlayer77 Member Posts: 826

I found the legacy Ideas really funny. One dude actually got to say it though. What will happen to guilds when evryone is off playing both sides of the coin.. Dont think it will make the comunities on the servers Stronger...

And to the people in this thread talking about Hardware the Devs themselves said it dident work for both low and High end machines. You really should listen to your Idols more? Also it gives me pause to debate anything with you when you clearly dont listen to anyone? Not even the Developers at Bioware that you whorship...

MMORPG.com stops me from saying much of anything about my thoughts on things.. we dont have freedom of speach here..

But to a person who never bought the game and never was on the Fence to buy it... This guild livestream just confirms me in my Decision to keep away from it. Alos looked like they were cowardly screening questions. No real answers just a bunch of Bla bla bla...

But if it this easy to get people to pay for Themeparks I now understand why developers do it. I mean its like taking candy from Babies.. Its just so EASY.....

This is the latest video with the new PvP dev team

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BJk5I7VLeU

Originally posted by Zlayer77

And to the people in this thread talking about Hardware the Devs themselves said it dident work for both low and High end machines. You really should listen to your Idols more? Also it gives me pause to debate anything with you when you clearly dont listen to anyone? Not even the Developers at Bioware that you whorship...

Was that an attempt at forum PVP ?

Originally posted by Dreadblade

They are in full damage control atm, just look at the numbers the last few weeks, they have been nose diving and now they want everyone to wait at least another month for 1.2. Now if I was to wager they threw early April out there so they can deliver the patch say March 26th and say look at us we are awesome.

I would bet alot of money that the Fanboys stay..  If I had sand and we would all live in a desert,  people paying a subscription for SWTOR would be the first doors I would knock on to sell it. And you know what they would buy it... Even if they could go out back and get their own sand they would buy mine...

There is no help for that.. no help at all....

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

You should hope not. Because if it was, you already lost.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

It's a known issue.

Since it's a known issue I must be mistaken about my smooth play experience, that of every guild member in my guild, etc... My mistake image

I have never played any PC game...ever... without some people with alledgedly great rigs and alledgely lots of PC-tweaking expertise claiming that it's the games fault they're having problems... when a huge majority wreren't having those issues... sometimes they're even real issues.... but more often they're simple things like stop forcing AA, or some other previous global tweak they read about somewhere, implemented for some other game and then forgot about... but that's a comment about PC gaming in general and not much about SWTOR.

I saw their acknowledgement of the problems some are having as them just being polite.

But then again...posts # 21 and 24 make it pretty clear where you're coming from.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

I Can't forum PvP on MMORPG you get baned

Can forum PvP on MMORPG you get baned

No but it is better then PvP on Ilum

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

I saw their acknowledgement of the problems some are having as them just being polite.

Classic example of the "Biodrone".

Just a reminder. If SWTOR continues to rely on Biodrones and fanboys for subs, the game WILL be F2P by next year.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

It's a known issue.

Since it's a known issue I must be mistaken about my smooth play experience, that of every guild member in my guild, etc... My mistake image

I have never played any PC game...ever... without some people with alledgedly great rigs and alledgely lots of PC-tweaking expertise claiming that it's the games fault they're having problems... when a huge majority wreren't having those issues... sometimes they're even real issues.... but more often they're simple things like stop forcing AA, or some other previous global tweak they read about somewhere, implemented for some other game and then forgot about... but that's a comment about PC gaming in general and not much about SWTOR.

But then again...posts # 21 and 24 make it pretty clear where you're coming from.

They were being polite?

You really aren't that bright are you?

You should hope not. Because if it was, you already lost.

Did the developers said it worked just fine?.. I must have been watching another live streem then you did then.... Funny how the Internet works...

But as I said before no point in talking.. Lost causes dont interest me...

They were being polite?

You really aren't that bright are you?

Obviously not if I'm wasting time chatting with the stereotypical TOR troll...once again, my mistake.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

This discussion has been closed.