Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alert Queue Question

s1fu71s1fu71 Member Posts: 220

I'm not sure when the UI changed, but I've noticed that the layout to queue up is a bit different.

I play the PC version. So, I hit "Y" to queue up and select my alert, then my role.

And then I notice that "F1" is in my lower left screen and doesn't go away. Is that normal?

I stayed logged in, doing several missions and never entered an alert.

Am I doing something wrong? Or did the queues get a lot longer?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

It's not about fighting, it's about balance. It's not about enlightenment, it's about balance. It's not about balance.

Comments

• BrezjnevBrezjnev Member UncommonPosts: 98

The current "improved by SOE standards" method of selecting an instance:

1) Y

2) Select type of instance in top frame

3) Select instance in left frame

4) Click queue in bottom frame

5) Click select role in bottom right frame

6) Select role in center frame

7) Click select in bottom frame

8) Click "ready" in bottom right frame

If you're continuously seeing the F1, it's probably the last step that you've missed. It can also happen that you get an instance invite that you join while you were attempting to join another queue, after which you won't be able to get rid of that F1 till after you leave that instance.

All in all this is very bad, userunfriendly interface. You have to go from tep to left to right to bottom to center to ... and it also takes 7 mouseclicks to do something that could have been done with just 4 ... just a very bad interface.

• s1fu71s1fu71 Member Posts: 220

Thanks for the info.

So, yeah. I guess I've been waiting and thinking that I'm in the queue and I'm not.

Bummer.

It's not about fighting, it's about balance. It's not about enlightenment, it's about balance. It's not about balance.