Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

And with this I no longer care about TOR, GW2, TERA or AA

Comments

• wizyywizyy Member UncommonPosts: 629

For MY Mech fix, I wait for HAWKEN - also due to release this year, and has ACTUAL gameplay videos posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udEAEARD-Fo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFbTYybOHtM

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654

Originally posted by wizyy

For MY Mech fix, I wait for HAWKEN - also due to release this year, and has ACTUAL gameplay videos posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udEAEARD-Fo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFbTYybOHtM

Was just gonna post these.

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Originally posted by RefMinor

Originally posted by Khole

Originally posted by Master10K

Originally posted by Fadedbomb

Originally posted by Master10K

Originally posted by MMOarQQ

The only way they could screw this up is if they picked a defective game engine that lags out when 20 people get too close, or did something like promise high res graphics and then remove them.

There can't be two studios who are that incompetent.

I see what you did there. Maybe another way they could screw this up is if they didn't quite make it an MMO, when a lot of people expected an MMO. image

They're not making it into an MMO. It's going to be similar to "World of Tanks" even though that isn't an MMO, either. Matches formed by a "matchmaker" from a lobby based game.

[...]

Yeah, I definitely got the idea that it's not going to be an MMO and is more of less going to be like World of Tanks (I think I said that in an earlier post), however there are people who will come to the conclusiopn that it is an MMO and will be disappointed once they try it out.

Why does it have to be an mmo? Its possible to play a game thats not an mmo and like it.  Look at how many people on this forum play LoL.

This is MMORPG.com and I demand the finest MMORPGs known to humanity.

Well .. MMOs have been going down to the path of online co-op games for quite a while now. It is time MMORPG to expand its mission.

• FangrimFangrim Member UncommonPosts: 616

Giant robots fighting? I just don't get it.If you can enjoy it fair enough but where is the mmo in this?

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Originally posted by Fangrim

Giant robots fighting? I just don't get it.If you can enjoy it fair enough but where is the mmo in this?

There is probably NONE. However, it is an online pvp game with some RPG elements May be MMORPG needs to expand its mission to cover other online games with some RPG elements.

• Meerkat93Meerkat93 Member Posts: 61

Originally posted by Fangrim

This might be something.

Q. Will MechWarrior® Online™ have any online persistency?

A. Yes, this is where our plan for the Inner Sphere comes into play. All players in Merc Corps will be fighting for control over various border planets. The state of these planets is persistent.

So while the game itself maybe lobbyed the individual planets you'll have to fight over.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Loved the mechwarrior books as a kid but I will wait till we actually have real videos and core game tenants to talk about before it even comes on my radar.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651

Originally posted by Meerkat93

Found the Q&A.

Q. Will MechWarrior® Online™ be PC exclusive?

A. At this time we have no plans to take MechWarrior® Online™ to any other platforms.

Q. What game engine is being used to develop the next MechWarrior® game?

A. We are proud to announce that CryENGINE®3 powers MechWarrior® Online™.

Q. Will MechWarrior® Online™ be DirectX 11 compatible?

A. The engine and our implementation will support DirectX 9, 10 and 11.

Q. Any insight as to PC system requirements yet for MechWarrior® Online™?

A. We currently do not have final PC system specifications.

Q. When will we get more info on MechWarrior® Online™'s gameplay and release date?

A. We will release information when it becomes available. We are going to be working closely with everyone in the community as well so information will be steady as we go through development. The exact release date is still to be determined but it will be in 2012!

Q. What year is MechWarrior® Online™ taking place?

A. MechWarrior® Online™ is running an offset timeline of the BattleTech® Universe. As of this writing it is 2011 and the year is 3048 within the game. In 2012, when the game is launched, it will be 3049.

Q. Will MechWarrior® Online™ have Mech melee combat?

A. At this point in time we are not looking at melee combat. We may revisit melee combat if we can design something that is fun and does not compromise the overall gameplay experience.

Q. Will LRMs in MechWarrior® Online™ be guided or unguided?

A. LRMs will be semi-guided. What the heck does that mean? You will be able to lock on to your target but it doesn't mean the actual missiles will home directly to the target. The chance of missing will still be part of LRM gameplay. Use of the Artemis IV system and subsequent munitions, will narrow the area of damage by focusing the flight paths of the missiles. We're finding that this is a good balance between gameplay and staying true to the BattleTech canon.

Q. Will there be vehicular combat alongside Mechs for the players this time?

A. At the moment we are not following up with combined arms (tanks, hovercraft, jets etc.)

Q. Will I be able to fully customize my Mechs' load out, decals, paint job, and equipment?

A. You will be able to customize your load out, decals, paint job and equipment. But when it comes to armor, weapons and accessories please refer to the previous question and answer.

Q. Can I get out of the Mech?

A. Will you be able to get out of the Mech? No. One of our gameplay design pillars is that we are putting you in the role of the pilot (MechWarrior®) in a first person perspective.

Q. Will the Clans make an appearance or cameo?

A. ;)

Q. Can you list the Mech designs that will be included in the release?

A. At this time we can confirm the Atlas, Hunchback, Dragon and Jenner. Other BattleMechs® will be revealed over the coming months.

Q. Will the unseen Mechs make it into the game after all?

A. Look forward to a future announcement.

Q. Will MechWarrior have support for custom mapping joysticks/other input devices? (multiple device support?)

A. We have partnered with some of the industry’s biggest hardware manufacturers and will be doing our best to support all types of joysticks and flight systems.

Q. Will you offer a gradient of control schemes say from casual to simulation that alter play from FPS to robot?

A. Yes we will. It is important to us that new players experience the fun of MechWarrior® Online™ right beside the seasoned veteran who need to control every aspect of the game.

Q. Who will be the publisher of the new MechWarrior® Online™?

A. We are proud to announce that MechWarrior® Online™ is being published by Infinite Game Publishing.

Q. Will MechWarrior® Online™ have co-operative gameplay?

A. This is something we wanted to implement, but right now we are going to focus on multiplayer only.

Q. Will team play be a major part of MechWarrior® Online™, as described in the 2009 interview?

A. Yes. A big yes in fact. Team play will be critical in combat as player roles and BattleMech builds will vary from player to player. Whether you play as a scout or as an assault type, it's completely up to you and each of the roles is very important to fill on the battlefield.

Q. What are your plans for MechWarrior® Online™ multiplayer? Is it going to feel similar to other MechWarrior® games or new?

A. MechWarrior® Online™ is going to be a hybrid of new and old gameplay. Some controls and features will be familiar to seasoned players while some gameplay features and mechanics will be completely new. We really want to design the game so that it feels like you're piloting a HUGE BattleMech® in an epic combat scenario.

Q. Will you be able to switch from first-person to third-person views?

A. The game is played from the first person. We’re exploring ways to have a third person camera that make sense from a gameplay point of view.

Q. How loyal will MechWarrior® Online™ be to the tabletop rules (heat management, melee, armor penetration, etc.)?

A. We are adhering very closely to the BattleTech® tabletop rules. Some mechanics in the tabletop version of the game do not translate well into a videogame and we are coming up with our own rule sets that mitigate these differences in an intuitive and fun manner.

Q. Will you be able to pick what faction you play in MechWarrior® Online™?

A. When you first create your pilot, you are going to have to align yourself with one of the reat Houses in the BattleTech® Universe. Each house will have its benefits and drawbacks and it will be up to you to read up on the house selection menu on which house you will pledge your allegiance.

Q. Will players have the ability to form their own custom clans in MechWarrior® Online™?

A. We're trying to be careful with the naming of some features in MechWarrior® Online™ and "clans" is one of them. Players will be able to form their own customized Mercenary Corporations (Merc Corps for short). These operate in the same way that the term clan refers to in other first person shooters. A better way of thinking about Merc Corps is as a "guild". Within the guild you can create Lances("parties") and join matches in that manner.

Q. Will MechWarrior® Online™ have persistent character content such as leveling or upgrades?

A. Yes. One of the customizations in MechWarrior® Onine™ is to train your pilot to suit your play style. Pilots will bring their efficiencies to whatever BattleMech® they get in.

Q. Will MechWarrior® Online™ ship with a map editor or any other kind of Mod Support?

A. At the moment we are not planning on shipping a map editor for the mod community. While this may seem unfortunate, the beauty of how our content delivery system works in a Free-To-Play environment is that we will be constantly pushing new content downstream to the player. This prevents the game from stagnating like a standalone product and also allows us to keep on top of quality control so you as a player get the best experience possible.

Q. Will DLC be offered in the new MechWarrior® Online™ game?

A. Not in the way that you imagine it. Content will be pushed to you via the game patcher. Once a patch has been applied, new game content is immediately available to you. Larger patches could be considered expansion packs but again, it's pushed to you the player at no cost.

Q. Will MechWarrior® Online™ have any online persistency?

A. Yes, this is where our plan for the Inner Sphere comes into play. All players in Merc Corps will be fighting for control over various border planets. The state of these planets is persistent.

Do i see right?????  Release date 2012!  O that is one big surprise for sure:) Cant wait  for that sound of Mech engine activation--Bzzzzzzz -vuuuuuu-bum bum bum. Imagine only guild squad roaming through desert--Reactor online, weapons online, all systems nominal

• Cthulhu23Cthulhu23 Member Posts: 994

So, a first person view lobby combat game?  Sounds craptastic.  PASS.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

I dont give a flying marracas if it is a MMO or not, i just want to be able to pit my robot anaginst other robots in a game that does not look like it would run on my Iphone. Also the community in/around the old games are good but last time i took a look it was also fairly "pro" and not very newcommer friendly.

This will at lest give me a chance to get in on the ground floor so to speak.

I wonder if they will include the Fafnir... Nothing like a twin railgun on legs.

I am pumped.

This have been a good conversation

• KholeKhole Member CommonPosts: 136

This game isn't even an mmo. Why should people on mmorpg.com care about it?

• VaultarVaultar Member Posts: 339

What ever suits your fancy.

I never like the sound of "premium" f2p. How restricted will your playing experience be before you need to cash out to expand the content of the game? That is the question for me...

However judging from gameplay vid alone, it looks pretty cool to try out.

Looking forward to EQL and EQN.

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651

You know what is MMO?-- Massively Multiplayer Online-- So i cant see why MechWarrior  online cant fit in to this category. Or you think that word MMO  is made  only for classic fantasy mmo games like --wow,aoc,tor.

• KholeKhole Member CommonPosts: 136

Originally posted by palulalula

You know what is MMO?-- Massively Multiplayer Online-- So i cant see why MechWarrior  online cant fit in to this category. Or you think that word MMO  is made  only for classic fantasy mmo games like --wow,aoc,tor.

Millions of people play call of duty(Insert random fps that is similar) online is that an mmo?

MMO in my opinion generally means 1000s of players sharing one world and interacting with each other. I'd even settle for a 100 people seeing as how some mmos lack alot of subs.

Lobby online based games just don't make the cut for an mmo. So based on the fact that this game is not an mmo why should people not care about tor,gw2 tera, or AA?

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

You can't go wrong with giant robots blowing eachother up.

I'm outta here.

• Meerkat93Meerkat93 Member Posts: 61

Lobby online based games just don't make the cut for an mmo. So based on the fact that this game is not an mmo why should people not care about tor,gw2 tera, or AA?

Well according to the Q&A there is going to be a degree of precetancy to the game.

I have been hounding the forums over there and it seems to go a bit like:

Merc Corp A forums group and takes over a plant, they own that planet until till Merc Corp B comes and takes it. Also the more you think about it Mechwarriors can work as as lobby game assuming they add Mechlab and ways to customize your mechs weapons and look.

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037
    So it's a team vs team lobby game like World of Tanks? Pass.
  • sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119

dont be stupid. as much as i love the Mechwarrior franchise, there's absolutely no evidence that the game will be ANY good. they've released snippets of pointless info, and until i see some serious gameplay and customization vids, im holding judgement.

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
  • sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119

i fuckin loved that movie when i was a kid.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by Superduper69

Good for you that you no longer care just after watching a CGI video which tell us absolutely nothing about the game at all.

Doesn't matter Mechwarriors

You can't go wrong with giant robots blowing eachother up.

Of course you can, not all of the mechwarrior games were so good.

The concept is interesting for a MMO but they can screw it up really badly if they don´t know what they are doing.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Someone showed me this game earlier when I mentioned Mechwarrior.  It looks a lot more fun. http://youtu.be/XFbTYybOHtM

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Originally posted by Xzen

Found a better video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lktoanpc1VY

That was freakin hilarious. image

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Originally posted by Eir_S

Someone showed me this game earlier when I mentioned Mechwarrior.  It looks a lot more fun. http://youtu.be/XFbTYybOHtM

Thanks for sharing that. It certainly looked more impressive than what the guys doing MechWarrior put out.

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzyASZYO9HA

Looks so sexy doesnt it :)

Cant wait for this, their are no good Mecha MMO's