Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

gankers, murders, griefers solution.

Bobbie203Bobbie203 Member Posts: 136

Crime

Killing someone from the other continent can be done without penalty. However, if you decide to attack someone from your continent, you will spatter blood which will give you crime points. If you kill them then the blood will give you more crime points. Witnesses to the crime can pick up the blood and submit it (just click on it in your inventory) and report it. Blood is currently not trade-able.

If somebody was daring enough to plant things outside of their protected area you are free to steal them! If you decide to steal something from someone else though, you will leave behind footprints for each item you steal! (you are given a pop-up window to confirm that you do infact want to steal their stuff). Players can pick up these footprints and report you for the crime. Footprints disappear over time but I'm not sure how long it takes for this to happen. It's definitely less than a day though. If you want to be really sneaky you can scrub away your footprints or blood using a consumable item (a broom) so that others can't report you. However, if you stole enough to really aggravate them then they have the opportunity to play detective. They get a consumable (powder of some sort) that they can throw over a certain area to reveal footprints/blood that have been hidden.

When you collect over 100 crime points and you die or log off and on again you will find yourself in jail! It takes a fair bit of killing/stealing to find yourself in jail so you've got lots of room to explore your evil side. When in jail you get a debuff that lasts 30 minutes that prevents you from using any skills or teleporting. For the first 10 minutes in jail you are stuck in a jail cell. After that time the door opens and you are let out to explore the jail. There are some boxes you can break open to obtain the various pieces of the prisoner uniform. There's also a soccer field with a ball to kick around and a scoreboard to keep you and your fellow inmates entertained. If you don't like kicking a soccer ball you can kick the rats that are roaming around. If you kick enough of them they will eventually drop a key! This key can be used to open the door of a tower that contains a bunch of chests inside it. The chests give you a parachute (the icon looks like one anyway) that you can use to escape. So you climb to the top of the tower (has to be done on the outside of it using a very narrow spiral ramp making you risk falling down and dieing) and use the parachute. The parachute is really just a glider but it forces you in the direction you were facing when you launched it. It lasts for 10 seconds so you better have aimed it well enough to land in the water, otherwise you will fall and land on the ground and die (the jail is located on an island and is pretty much like Alcatraz). Unfortunately, since the debuff lasts 30 minutes you still can't really do anything if you escape from jail. You can summon your boat but you can't use it. I'm hoping they change this before the game hits retail

Comments

• Bobbie203Bobbie203 Member Posts: 136

dont worry about murders greifers in archeage. they got a whole new jail system, where they spend talking to other inmates.

they got a soccer field in prison for those murderers and griefers, thieves.

Holy crap, what doesnt archeage have????? hell the game even have prison uniforms.

thats right this is the first sandbox with a full prison system for those griefers, thieves, murderers.

i think  my mind's blown from sheer awesomeness.

so now those griefers can apend prison time with other griefers lol.

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388

impressive, ArcheAge is really promising!

• BeanpuieBeanpuie Member UncommonPosts: 812

okay....  question

Prison gangs, who's gonna do it?

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    I wonder if they have showers in them prisons

30 min debuff means you cannot use your skills in prison. You can try escaping the prison, but that doesnt mean you can use all your skills items in that 30 min frame.

Dont worry about murderers or gankers guys AA's got a fully functional prison system.

it even comes with your prisoner uniform.

• MustaphaMondMustaphaMond Member UncommonPosts: 341

Originally posted by Rhoklaw

So let me get this straight...

Someone spends a day or even a week collectings stuff...

Then someone comes along and steals it all in 10 minutes...

Even if he gets caught, he only has to spends 30 minutes in jail?

Where does it say "full loot"?

• BigHatLoganBigHatLogan Member Posts: 688

I have high hopes for archeage.  I've never been a fan of in game systems that punish player killers, I always liked the dynamic of pkers and anti-pkers fighting it out.  I could live with a prison system but the door has to swing both ways.  You can't punish people for ganking without giving them some sort loot reward or all you get is a game where no fights each other. 

Are you a Pavlovian Fish Biscuit Addict? Get Help Now!
    I will play no more MMORPGs until somethign good comes out!

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

There is no full loot in ArcheAge...

Actually there is barely any loot in ArcheAge. 

Only certain things like stone that are used to build houses ,boats ,etc and you WON'T transport them most of the time.

So 90% or more you will not lose anything.

This game is not DFO or MO or even UO in that regard.

Crime system sound nice !

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

Originally posted by MustaphaMond

Where does it say "full loot"?

Exactly, AA will not have full loot or make you drop your gear upon death.

Currently in closed beta, the only thing to drop of a player are the crating material backpacks (wood pack made out of 100 woods, or rock pack made outta 100 rocks etc. which are used to build stuff like boats, houses etc.)

Hope the loot thing changes in some form, maybe like GW2 will have a loot table for the characters level or some such, just hunting packs for pvp-purpose currently feels a bit shabby.

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon Member UncommonPosts: 565

Originally posted by fenistil

There is no full loot in ArcheAge...

Actually there is barely any loot in ArcheAge. 

Only certain things like stone that are used to build houses ,boats ,etc and you WON'T transport them most of the time.

So 90% or more you will not lose anything.

This game is not DFO or MO or even UO in that regard.

Crime system sound nice !

Resources are pretty much going to be the most valuable items in AA anyway, the fact people have to carry the items and not mail them means there will be so many bandit clans ready to steal yo loot it's going to be awesome. This game gets you so involved in the world.

yea i notice there are players who are concerned about getting ganked since it is open pvp. So rest assured those murderers and thieves dont go unpunished. Or even bandits, if you are a trader, or crafter.

Archage is not like the other open sandbox world like Darkfall or Mortal online if you are a pve person. or crafter or trader.

I know there are some of you who will dismiss Archeage as soon as you read its open world pvp, there are protections hopefully to appease the pve lots.

• CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532

While the term in prison clears your current Crime points, some portion is kept as a semi-permanant record. Once you have sufficient points, 3000 has been mentioned, you become KOS to both East and West player factions and can only deal with the merchants and trainers on the Pirate Isle.

There is supposed to be a quest on the pirate isle to 'forgive' some portion of the 'permanant record' to regain your base faction. Details unknown atm.

• Laker226Laker226 Member Posts: 1

Is this info from the archeage team or something you thought up. If its legit please link the post you found it in. As a player who will be killing everything i can, stealing your shit and having my way with your women i can say im not happy with the system. Though i have no issue with the overall concept at all, there needs to be an option to just go rouge if you wish to, rather than spending all your time in jail to achieve this. There needs to be some method of resisting arrest that will cause you to become rouge right away. I fully intend to form a island where fellow gankers, murders, and griefers can meet and trade if they allow this, and would hate to have to grind through hours of jailtime.

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

30 minutes is nothing for griefers, they'll just go eat something and come back. The question is, do ALL or SOME of the crime points vanish afterwards. 

It's a fine line and one I've yet to see be drawn correctly.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• CeridithCeridith Member UncommonPosts: 2,980

I'm personally not a fan of FFA-PvP, because honestly it's never been done properly.

I'd be able to tolerate it were it actually done properly, but honestly true FFA PvP can in my opinion never work well.

There has to be enough impactful disincentive for players to not blindly go around slaughtering innocent players. Even playing as a brigand should require offending players to risk something worthwhile. Of course this runs counter to the true meaning of FFA-PvP, but it's the only way it will ever work.

Jail time is good in concept, but as has been mentioned if players can just log off and wait, switch to another character on the account, or otherwise sit AFK and wait for the timers to go away, it's not much of a detterent. There has to be some form of actual loss for the offender, and in my opinion that should be stat/experience loss.

In the least though, they need to make it so that being flagged as a criminal on one character causes all characters of the same account to also be flagged. Being able to switch characters and play completely absolved of crimes another character on the same account did, while still reaping all the rewards of the crime, is nonsense.

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654

Create a KOS list with your alliances.

Oh, and bounties.

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • UtukuMoonUtukuMoon Member Posts: 1,066
    Originally posted by Bobbie203

Crime

Killing someone from the other continent can be done without penalty. However, if you decide to attack someone from your continent, you will spatter blood which will give you crime points. If you kill them then the blood will give you more crime points. Witnesses to the crime can pick up the blood and submit it (just click on it in your inventory) and report it. Blood is currently not trade-able.

If somebody was daring enough to plant things outside of their protected area you are free to steal them! If you decide to steal something from someone else though, you will leave behind footprints for each item you steal! (you are given a pop-up window to confirm that you do infact want to steal their stuff). Players can pick up these footprints and report you for the crime. Footprints disappear over time but I'm not sure how long it takes for this to happen. It's definitely less than a day though. If you want to be really sneaky you can scrub away your footprints or blood using a consumable item (a broom) so that others can't report you. However, if you stole enough to really aggravate them then they have the opportunity to play detective. They get a consumable (powder of some sort) that they can throw over a certain area to reveal footprints/blood that have been hidden.

When you collect over 100 crime points and you die or log off and on again you will find yourself in jail! It takes a fair bit of killing/stealing to find yourself in jail so you've got lots of room to explore your evil side. When in jail you get a debuff that lasts 30 minutes that prevents you from using any skills or teleporting. For the first 10 minutes in jail you are stuck in a jail cell. After that time the door opens and you are let out to explore the jail. There are some boxes you can break open to obtain the various pieces of the prisoner uniform. There's also a soccer field with a ball to kick around and a scoreboard to keep you and your fellow inmates entertained. If you don't like kicking a soccer ball you can kick the rats that are roaming around. If you kick enough of them they will eventually drop a key! This key can be used to open the door of a tower that contains a bunch of chests inside it. The chests give you a parachute (the icon looks like one anyway) that you can use to escape. So you climb to the top of the tower (has to be done on the outside of it using a very narrow spiral ramp making you risk falling down and dieing) and use the parachute. The parachute is really just a glider but it forces you in the direction you were facing when you launched it. It lasts for 10 seconds so you better have aimed it well enough to land in the water, otherwise you will fall and land on the ground and die (the jail is located on an island and is pretty much like Alcatraz). Unfortunately, since the debuff lasts 30 minutes you still can't really do anything if you escape from jail. You can summon your boat but you can't use it. I'm hoping they change this before the game hits retail

I would not worry about the retail game,you wont be playing it for awhile anyway.

• KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667

FYI the now defunked 2Moons ( based on Dekaron ) had a "Jail" system as well.   This was the first time I had seen one implemented for PK.  I don't remember the details of the system.

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

The idea is good, but the hard thing is probably to balance when you should be thrown in there. Too many points and jail will have no impact at all, too few and they will just get annoying.

But I guessthey will have it balanced up pretty good before we see an english client.

• N1njaPwnStarN1njaPwnStar Member Posts: 83

Like the guy said this game wont hit us for a very long time. sad face. moving on.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,003

Forensic Evaluation

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367

With thiis question, I would suggest that items can be 'marked' when purchased by their new owner. If you are caught and sent to Jail, any marked items in your possession get returned to the original owner via in-game mail system.

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon Member UncommonPosts: 565

The items do not get returned to the original owner. So you do the jail time but get the loot. There's pk points then there's 'permanent'(or long-term) pk points which you get if you continue being a dick. Permanent PK points you have to work off through a quest that can take a while and it only removes some of them.

So your'e either going to have to guard your farm yourself or pay a Mercenary clan to do it for you

pretty much what psycho pigeon said is correct if you pk steal players so much  most of your criminal record which is  your pk criminal points)will be stuck on your character. You would have to do some grnding to get rid some of your criminal record. You will also not be able to shop in towns and such. Youd have to go to pirate isle to wash away some pk points.