Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

As free player what am i missing ?

LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

I am reading difference from free and premium , and dont really get it.

Can someone explain it here in more detail ?

Comments

• PiezoPiezo Member Posts: 7

Free players:

-Only get access to Incarnam and Astrub (low level areas)

-Can join a guild but cannot create their own

-Can only learn the 6 professions taught in the areas mentioned above

-You can't effect the areas ecosystem by destroying or planting resources

-You can't vote for the next governer or run for governer

-You can join a nation but can't fight in large scale pvp battles between nations

-You can only get around by walking, can't take boat/transport or any other speedy travel

The first point is really the biggest thing, you won't be able to travel outside of those areas. It's very much the same as dofus was when I used to play that. Basically, you will only get to about lvl 20 ish being a f2p player and you will eventually have to subscribe if you like the game. Having said that, the sub fee is incredibly low with this game (as with dofus) but the only caveat is this game as a cash shop too so we'll have to see if that ends making this another pay2win game or it stays like dofus did, being a fun game with a cheap sub.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Thanks.

So its basically kind of free to certain level....

Alas ,

I am enjoying it so far. And maybe i decide to sub by time i get to 20.

Lets see... Although i dont like the fact its p2p+item shop

• DarbiiRueDarbiiRue Member UncommonPosts: 832
    Originally posted by Lobotomist

Thanks.
    So its basically kind of free to certain level....
    Alas ,
    I am enjoying it so far. And maybe i decide to sub by time i get to 20.
    Lets see... Although i dont like the fact its p2p+item shop

The game is a measly $6.00 a month. The cash shop is almost completely cosmetic except for a few "living items" so to speak, that if purchased, level with you. However a CM already stated that there are better items in game. Normally I would agree with you but with charging such a low price, I assume they have to supplement their income with the shop.</ br>

It is it true that as a "free" player you have quite a few restrictions. It's basically a free trial without calling it that. They probably should have been more up front about it (as the are several QQ posts on the official forums) but they're calling it Play for Free because well, you can to an extent.</ br>

Good luck with your decision!
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

I subbed the second it came out, and haven't tried the free to play. But there is a bug that doesn't allow people to group with the opposing subscription as in free to play with subscribers. You don't get access to a lot of areas as a free to play, but it isn't too restricting, it's kind of a free trial that doesn't end. It's honestly the best game I've played in such a long time. Being able to kill enemies and make them extinct in an area is cool, or introducing enemies to areas, the crafting is somewhat cool too, even if it does require a lot of grinding. I don't know, I think it's completely worth the subscription if you enjoy it at all during the free to play, subbing just makes it better.