Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

one more week til ME3 : (

SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

~~pacing back and forth in her cage~~

I want it nowwwwwwwwwwww

Comments

• BunksBunks Member Posts: 960

boycott EA

• Trolldefender99Trolldefender99 Member UncommonPosts: 416

I was excited, since I loved both ME and ME2 so much

But then ME3 took multiple DLCs to the knee

• WellzyCWellzyC Member UncommonPosts: 599

uh... what are we talking about?

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

• jawalijawali Member UncommonPosts: 195

mass effect 3 is coming soon ;)

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

Originally posted by Bunks

boycott EA

this, I refuse to buy the game and I have been waiting for it for a while.... 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri0vrJ-y2zM

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

Originally posted by Isasis

LOL if you followed all the pre-launch promos and events +the day 1 DLC you should be jumping in on day one with like 5 content updates : P

Originally posted by Sorrow

LOL if you followed all the pre-launch promos and events +the day 1 DLC you should be jumping in on day one with like 5 content updates : P

you are excited that you are being forced to pay for day 1 DLC which should have been part of the game?

• eldariseldaris Member UncommonPosts: 353

boycott EA

This.
  • fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Originally posted by ariboersma

you are excited that you are being forced to pay for day 1 DLC which should have been part of the game?

This.

Really I am just wondering if OP is schill or trolling maybe?

Besides ME3 really look like a simplistic kind of game. It went into even more of 'linear shooter with story' and less rpg' than past parts.

So meh ,not buying it. Actually whole EA-Bioware is kinda on slippery slope with their games and how they condut business and treat consumers.

DA2, then Swtor now ME3. Seriously...

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Hurray ME3! *Goes back to not caring with no intention of buying it*

What, I never liked ME myself and what they are doing with ME3, I'll never even give it a chance again.

• SagasaintSagasaint Member UncommonPosts: 466

hope BioWare Edmonton doesnt fail as epicly as BioWare Austin just did...we'll see if EA's taint has reached them

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

Absolutely!! Hopefully they give us 4 or 5 different day 1 DLC's!!!

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

Its people like the OP that tell EA its ok to bend us over and have thier way with us.

Like some others I was really looking forward to seeing the end of ME. Luckily for me I'm adult enough to look at what I want but also look at what I would have to give up to get what I want. I decided I'm not willing to take it in the ass by publishers anymore. Unfortunatly for me there are more people out there with no self controll out there that will bend over and ask for more.

I generally try to respect everyones opinion since opinions arent ever wrong unless they contradict facts. I just cant respect someones opinion that thinks Day1 DLC is ok. (in the form of actual quest/character content. Cosmetic content is fine. TB explained it the best as far as that goes). Like everything though. The larger the gameing community gets the dumber they get. Companies know they are ushering in a new generation of gamer and are trying to condition them to thinking stuff like this is ok.

Oh one last thing. Day1 DLC aside. How in the hell are they making the only Prothean in the game DLC? WTF. A race so important to the lore of ME and its goddamn DLC? Its going to be non important to the main story of ME? A live Prothean means nothing other than a squadmate and some sidequests? That alone is making me nerdrage.

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

boycott EA

This.    I'll just wait until it hits the bargain bin.   Or comes out in some package with all the DLC or something at $50 or less.    I'm not paying a $10 box increase (from $50 to$ 60) AND $10 more to get the 'cut from the plot and made into 'DLC' 'expansion.'   

When you're dumb enough to let your script be publicized and then take, from that script, a main element and turn it into DLC...   Then try to lie you way out of it...

Screw you, EA.   Except for rare games, always bargain bin, I stopped buying your stuff at full-price a long time ago...    Incomplete, over-priced games with planned chains of minor expansions before the first box of the original title is shipped...    You must think I'm stupid to not see it...

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

Originally posted by Sagasaint

hope BioWare Edmonton doesnt fail as epicly as BioWare Austin just did...we'll see if EA's taint has reached them

They're so merged that even the former head of BioWare was clear they are ONE COMPANY NOW.   EA/BioWare...   And it was  EA/BioWare that made DA2.   EA/BioWare screwed up SWTOR.   Even pre-EA Bioware ported the "XBOX EXCLUSIVE" Jade Empire to PC then LIED ABOUT IT.   EA/BioWare is behind all these second-rate, half-complete cash ins...   EA/BioWare is behind this DLC cash-in as well.

They're not some seperate company.   They're EA/BioWare.   It's time to put aside the fond memories of 1998 and 2000...   This Company is not that Company.    That Company died a long time ago.

And the reason it's getting worse, and other people are noticing it finally, is because EA/BioWare hasn't made a profit in over four years and has lost $2.77 billion over that time.    So the bottom-line is that EA/BioWare is a company with serious financial problems and is desperate for money in any way they can get it.   They're the Interplay of this decade.  And if they don't turn it around, they'll be selling off their IPs to Bethesda, just like Interplay has done to stay afloat...

So, like any 'in trouble' company, they do even dumber things, like try to maximize short-term revenues over long-term health, instead of doing the one smart thing they should do which is look in the mirror and see why they are failing.    They're behaving  just like GM in the 1970s and '80s.  Stupid.  Stupid.  Stupid.   Just plain stupid.

• daisdais Member UncommonPosts: 95

Part of me still suspects a troll post, but honestly it wouldn't be all that shocking to find out that it isn't.  I am still somehow astounded to find people that have no concept of the value of their hard earned money.  Maybe all these people are spending other peoples money?  Is this on mom and dad's credit cards?  I am really having a hard time wrapping my brain around the idea of somebody willing to throw away their money on an obvious scam.  I can accept offering DLC for a game after release, because hey developers still need a job after a game is done.  Chopping up the existing story content that is already done pre-release is fleecing your customers.

Oh and in before the troll post that says "I make tons of money so I can throw it away on whatever I want because I have so much of it"

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Meh, following da2 (thankfully not bought) and swtor, coupled with £600 of day 1 dlc (check article on destructoid)

Err no thAnks
    How the f%#k did they not make a profit on me2?
    For the record I quite like jade empire though
  • CoatedCoated Member UncommonPosts: 507

Supporting anything associated with EA will do nothing but hurt the gaming world. If your intention is to support the downfall of gaming in its entirety, then sure, buy this game and enjoy.

• TyvolusNextTyvolusNext Member Posts: 192

LAWLZ !!

Originally posted by xenogias

Oh one last thing. Day1 DLC aside. How in the hell are they making the only Prothean in the game DLC? WTF. A race so important to the lore of ME and its goddamn DLC? Its going to be non important to the main story of ME? A live Prothean means nothing other than a squadmate and some sidequests? That alone is making me nerdrage.

I typed and retyped something like this 3 times and I was too p!ssed to get it out without sounding like a tard! TY for finding the right words lol

OP I think you are trolling us at this point, either that or you are like Rick Santorum and think that ppl wanting others to be able to get a higher education are snobs

Originally posted by ShakyMo

Meh, following da2 (thankfully not bought) and swtor, coupled with £600 of day 1 dlc (check article on destructoid)

Err no thAnks

I still do not understand all the hate on DA2, perhaps I missed something. I enjoyed the game but I wasn't reading any forums at the time if there was drama like there is with ME3

• PalladinPalladin Member UncommonPosts: 430

AWESOME dude like its that much closer to the bargan bin which is where I'll buy it from.

AMD Phenum II x4 3.6Ghz 975 black edition
    8 gig Ram
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 760

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

Absolutely!! Hopefully they give us 4 or 5 different day 1 DLC's!!!

I really really hope your being sarcastic. I have a sneaky feeling your not tho =(