Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some thoughts on WvW and nameless invaders

13»

Comments

• ThrageThrage Member Posts: 200

nameless in WvW seems like a good idea to me.  A lot of people who hate PVP are gonna' love WvW.  If you want your rivalries and friendships, there's a whole other section of the game for that.  In fact, after seeing what cross-realm battlegrounds did to Warcraft, your enemies and your allies had may as well be nameless in that game.  You're probably never going to see anybody in there again.

Is the conquest-style PVP limited to your server only?  Because I'd sure hope it is.

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

Dont need to know the name of a person thats just been stroked across the throat with my knife. John Doe is good enough for me.

• DannyGloverDannyGlover Member Posts: 1,277

Originally posted by sidhaethe

Originally posted by DannyGlover

Originally posted by Master10K

can you mark targets with icons over their heads?

bumping my own query since i haven't been able to find an answer to this.

Yes you can, as shown in this video. Party leader can hit "Ctrl+T" to mark a target and anyone else can then hit "T" to auto-switch to that target.

ah ok thanks for the info. so I take it you cannot mark multiple targets like in wow, rift,tor etc? or can you mark ctrl+T,y,u,i etc?

I don't think we have information on that. Calling the target as shown above is something we had in GW1 so I'm not surprised to see it here. GW1, however, did not have the kind of multiple target marking you refer to as pulls are generally handled by drawing on the minimap, or calling skills.
    My guess would be that this is the system that will be ported to GW2, if the above video and the fact that map-pinging is back is any indication.

Multiple target markings is a great tactic for large scale pvp. There is a lot of non-threat players in large scale pvp, but there are always a handful of "game changers". It is a great asset to be able to mark all of the gamechangers so that people can focus on the strongest players first then take care of the cannon fodder later. I hope they add this feature.

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

• ThrageThrage Member Posts: 200

Unless of course you can't mark hostile players.

Which would in my opinion be better.  I don't think getting singled out as a kill target as a player to an entire enemy army is fair.