Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What I miss most about MMO's... A Challenge

13»

Comments

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Originally posted by OberanMiM

Originally posted by nariusseldon

Sure. EQ is more difficult. I am sure Blizz can make hardmode raid very difficult so that only 0.001% of the people can make it instead of 0.01%.

But what is the point? 0.01% is challengin enough .. obviously for the other 99.99%. Making even more difficult is just bad game design that serves no one.

It gives people a goal to work towards, it gives people a greater sense of accomplishment when they acheive said goal. But you wouldn't know. As in one of your own posts you said "I remember sucking long time ago when i played EQ." You probably never got to feel the sense of accomplishment that you can get from completing a hard task in a game.

0.01% is acheivement enough. I don't think 0.001% makes a difference.

I have done selected hard mode raids before. Don't tell me that is not a hard task unless you have the armory to prove it. Even that, i am feeling pretty good belonging to the less than 1% (no i idid not finish all the hard mode).

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Originally posted by dave6660

Come back when you have finished hard mode raid in WOW. Less than 1% of 1% of the players finished that.

None of the thing you describe is harder than a WOW hard mode raid. You have no credibility unless you can finish one.

WoW may very well have a few raids left that aren't on farm status yet, but does that make the game hard?  If 99.9% of the game is easy and 0.1% is difficult does that make it a hard game?  In my opinion, no.

Well, obvious raiding is more than 0.1% of the content, in terms of time people spent on them, as well as resources in making them.

In fact, at the end game, there are only 3 types of content .. .solo daily quests (easy), 5-man dungeon and raids. Since WOTLK, ALL raids has both normal and hard mode. Same for CATA. So hard mode is avaiable for ALL raids since WOTLK and certainly a substantial part of the game.

If a major part of the end game gameplay has an option to be very hard, does that make the game an easy one? In my opinion, no. At the least people need to acknowledge and describe the game as "easy to level, has option to be hard on raid".

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

Originally posted by dave6660

Come back when you have finished hard mode raid in WOW. Less than 1% of 1% of the players finished that.

None of the thing you describe is harder than a WOW hard mode raid. You have no credibility unless you can finish one.

WoW may very well have a few raids left that aren't on farm status yet, but does that make the game hard?  If 99.9% of the game is easy and 0.1% is difficult does that make it a hard game?  In my opinion, no.

Well, obvious raiding is more than 0.1% of the content, in terms of time people spent on them, as well as resources in making them.

In fact, at the end game, there are only 3 types of content .. .solo daily quests (easy), 5-man dungeon and raids. Since WOTLK, ALL raids has both normal and hard mode. Same for CATA. So hard mode is avaiable for ALL raids since WOTLK and certainly a substantial part of the game.

If a major part of the end game gameplay has an option to be very hard, does that make the game an easy one? In my opinion, no. At the least people need to acknowledge and describe the game as "easy to level, has option to be hard on raid".

Now we're talking about two different things.  I talking in terms of the amount of content the max level hard mode raids make up as compared to the entire game.  I have no doubt people spend a lot of time on them.

I haven't played WoW in years.  What is the max level now?  When I left it was 60 and the dungeon to beat was BWL.  We spent most of our time on it because there was simply nothing else left.  Getting to level 60 was a no brainer.  All the dungeons pre level 60 were trivial to beat.  So I stand by my point, 1 difficult dungeon did not make the game hard.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville