Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Secret World: Wondrous or Worrisome?

1234568»

Comments

• kelendarkelendar Member Posts: 6

So you are going to bash a game because you want that cape?  Are you serious?  You remind of the "Monty Python" player back in the pen and paper days of D&D who wanted a Vorpal Sword +5 Dragon Slayer at Level 2.  Yes please, stay out of the game!

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

Originally posted by kelendar

So you are going to bash a game because you want that cape?  Are you serious?  You remind of the "Monty Python" player back in the pen and paper days of D&D who wanted a Vorpal Sword +5 Dragon Slayer at Level 2.  Yes please, stay out of the game!

Hall not Python.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754

I think more than any other game this is one that I want to try in open beta......I'm intrigued by the quest (and I usually dont like mundane MMO quests) and the skill system....I like that it is classless and skill based....I like that it feels more realistic than most fantasy games.....BUT

Like many of you Im skeptical about the business model...I think they are putting this in place because at some point there will be an f2p option just like there is in AO and AoC....I also dont like that it feels like they are hiding some things, like they did with AoC....It also sounds like the game is heavily dependant on the community.....This can be a great thing or a terrible thing

• PukeBucketPukeBucket Member Posts: 867

I get TSW's want to have a cosmetic item shop.

I mean say what you will about Turbine or Riot Games, but they made that model an art form.

The problem here is expecting a 40-60 dollar box, 15 dollars a month, and then 1.99+ for pretty leather boots and spiked collars on top of it.

There's a lot of people who don't mind, and I be there will even be some idiots who'll pay for it. The hybrid model exists well enough, but it's going to keep a lot of core gamers away until they drop some of those fees.

Just cuz we know it's going to happen. It's not being cheap, it's being frugal.

I used to play MMOs like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee.