Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In what order is your want to play class list?

Comments

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

1. Warrior (Hammer wielding Asura)

2. Mesmer/ Engineer , cant decide

3. Mesmer/Engineer

4. Thief

• cali59cali59 Member Posts: 1,634

Guardian (I love playing support and even though I know every class can, I love the walls)

Necromancer (love no minion health decay, wish they had more weapon options though)

Elementalist (One weapon limits your effective range, but still a big bag of tricks with 25 skills)

Ranger (I love pet classes, I like the ability to go melee or range for variety)

Warrior (I love the variety of weapons/shield stance, but behind Guardian support for me)

Thief (I don't know why, but initiative is a turnoff. Usually I love deceptive classes)

Engineer (don't think it's out of place but not big on the mechanics)

Mesmer (seems cool but I like permanent minions)

"Gamers will no longer buy the argument that every MMO requires a subscription fee to offset server and bandwidth costs. It's not true – you know it, and they know it." -Jeff Strain, co-founder of ArenaNet, 2007

• RameiArashiRameiArashi Member UncommonPosts: 294

1. Elementalist (sylvari)

2. Warrior (asura)

3. ranger (nor)

4. guardian (human)

5. thief (charr)

6. necromancer

7. mesmer

8. egineer (human)

• SoulSurferSoulSurfer Member UncommonPosts: 1,024

Engineer, because it's sad to see it at the bottom of so many peoples' list, and why not play the class your career is IRL. =P

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

GW2 doomed me the second it was made clear that any weapon a class can use is totally viable. probably i'm just going to play a melee human/sylvari mesmer. but the list.

mesmer (2h sword/sword and pistol)

guardian

ele

necro

warrior

ranger

engineer (the engineer, while i like the concept, has never interested me)

races will just be a big mix. except the asura. i don't like having small characters. i always feel like they should just be crushed flat the first time they get fight any large creature.

• FonclFoncl Member UncommonPosts: 347

I honestly don't know, my biggest concern for GW2 right now is that I have no idea how I'm going to be able to settle on what profession to play first. All the professions look really fun, the only two professions I've been able to rule out so far is guardian and warrior because I don't like to play 'beefy tanklike' characters in any game.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

1. Mesmer

2. Elementalist

3. Warrior

4. Guardian

5. Engineer

6. Necromancer

7. Thief

8. Ranger

It's a long list now that I type it out, but honestly it's a tough call. Mesmer has got to be at the top, because it was my favorite class from the first game, and it sounds just as awesome in GW2 (just in a somewhat different way). I already know the top 4 will be my first characters made, and is why they are at the top of the list. I honestly like more or less all the classes, and will probably roll one of each, but the top 4 fit my playstyle the most out of all of them.

Honestly, though, the different between 1 and 6 on my list (in terms of interest) is very small. Thief and Ranger seem cool, but Thief classes always feel somewhat gimmicky to me, and I'm not a huge fan of the ranger class (I'll probably use a bow / gun on my warrior anyway), due to the forced pet mechanics. I did enjoy ranger in GW1, but I almost never played it like a pet class.

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

1-human warrior

2-mesmer possible charr since it would be different

not sure bout rest yet.

• LeodiousLeodious Member UncommonPosts: 773

1: Guardian
    2: Mesmer
    3: Necromancer
    4: Elementalist
    5: Ranger
    6: Thief
    7: Engineer
    8: Warrior

To be honest, they all look amazing. I've never been very big on Warrior classes (weird that I was a warrior monk in Guild Wars), but they look great too. There is so many varied options for how you can play, I just really can't decide. Guardian, mesmer, necro and elementalist are my favorites. I really like what the thief can do, but I just don't think I would be very good at it at all. I haven't seen enough decent ranger footage to decide about it, but I usually like hunter type classes.

Really, ultimately, I think I am going to need to just spend time playing them all before I can really decide. So much about all the classes are different and interesting, that I can make a decision based on what I know of the archetypes.

"There are two great powers, and they've been fighting since time began. Every advance in human life, every scrap of knowledge and wisdom and decency we have has been torn by one side from the teeth of the other. Every little increase in human freedom has been fought over ferociously between those who want us to know more and be wiser and stronger, and those who want us to obey and be humble and submit."

— John Parry, to his son Will; "The Subtle Knife," by Phillip Pullman

• FindarielFindariel Member UncommonPosts: 222

1. Mesmer

2. Elementalist

3. Necromancer

4. Guardian

I'll see about the rest later!! :-)

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

1. Elementalist

2. Thief

3. Engineer

4. Mesmer

5. Ranger

6. Warrior

7. Necromancer

8. Guardian

The first 4 are neck and neck.  A more accurate list might be:

1. Elementalist

1. Thief

1. Engineer

1. Mesmer

2. Ranger

2. Warrior

3. Necromancer

3. Guardian

• GoruduGorudu Member CommonPosts: 79

1. Sylvari Engineer

2. Sylvari or Charr Guardian

3. Sylvari or Asura Elementalist

4. Sylvari or Human Mesmer

5. Sylvari or Human or Asura Necromancer

6. Sylvari or Asura Ranger

7. Sylvari, Human, or Charr Warrior

8. Sylvari, Human, Charr, or Asura Thief

i've always loved mechanical stuff, along with the support through tenchnology in a game. Loved the engineer from WAR, leveled and heavily used the engineering proffession in WoW, and I am looking forward to laying mines and turrets in Guild Wars 2. Oh, and if you couldn't tell, I have a thing for Sylvari. 

• Badgered86Badgered86 Member UncommonPosts: 175

1. Human Mesmer

2. Asura Engineer

3. Sylvari Elementalist

4. Char Warrior

5. Norn Guardian

6. Asura Thief

Not really interested in necromancer or ranger.

• Mordred1Mordred1 Member UncommonPosts: 84

1. Mesmer

2. Thief/ Ranger

3. Guardian

4. Engineer

Mesmer probably human, the others IDK.

• El_LionEl_Lion Member UncommonPosts: 154

It's already hard enough to decide with one to play first, let alone in with order. I'm hesitating between

Elementalist/Warrior/Guardian/Necromancer

Could be any of these 4 professions.

Eaglix

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Necro

Guarian

Mesmer

Elementalist

Warrior

Thats 5 classes and 5 races... keeping me occupied for years

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• SlheyasSlheyas Member UncommonPosts: 83

Female Norn Guardian, Valkyrie theme character.

I will play nothing else.

ever.

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

What I will actually play is a Human Thief, and a Norn Guardian.  If it is anything like GW1 I don't want any more than 2 main chars.  I already had a Mesmer and Necro as mains in GW 1 and I want to mix it up.  I think Thief and Guardian are where I will go for Guild Wars 2.

What will be key is how viable it is to grow a char from 2-80 almost solely in WvWvW.  If it is fun I could see filling out all 5 slots and keeping at least 3 of them always in the battle and just switching between them based on what I want to play. 

My top 4:

Thief

Guardian

Mesmer

Ranger

• PalmyCloudPalmyCloud Member Posts: 79

1. Undecided: Sylvari Necromancer or Sylvari Engineer

2. Charr Guardian

3. Alternative from 1 with human

4. Norn Mesmer

5. Asura Thief

6. Charr Warrior

7. Sylvari Elementalist

8. Norn Ranger

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

Originally posted by StriderXed

1.Thief

2.Thief

3.Thief

4.Thief

5.Thief

6.Warri-..Thief

LOL love the list.  Honestly, I'm not sure... it's really hard.  There ARE classes I want to play really badly, and classes I just want to play... so...

The ones I want to play really badly are Ranger, Thief, Guardian, Mesmer

The classes I just want to play are Engineer, Warrior, Elementalist, Necromancer.

I still have no idea which will actually be my first or my main character.  I just love the class mix... for guild purposes, to help allies and all, I will possibly make my guardian first...

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• UnshraUnshra Member UncommonPosts: 381

I plan to play two professions, one will be for role-play the other will as a joke and both will be Sylvari.

• Main:

• Sylvari - Ranger - Long Bow, Sword and Dagger | Primarily for RP but will mix weapons as desired.

• Alt:

• Sylvari - Engineer - Flamethrower Kit | Thinking of giving it a name that plays off of "Masochist."

Because flying a Minmatar ship is like going down a flight of stairs on an office chair while firing an Uzi.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Guardian will be my first

How ever watching spotlights by Yogcast and what not is making my list change everyday.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• friednietzfriednietz Member Posts: 118

Warrior

Guardian

Mesmer

Thief

Engineer

Elementalist

Necromancer

Mule Storage

Ranger

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Guardian