Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So it's the second payment month for SWTOR and the population continues to decline.

Comments

• MMOarQQMMOarQQ Member Posts: 636

Originally posted by Timeout77

With an IP like this they would not have had to make a sanbox...

But why not make the RAID content like okey lets Hit a "deathstar" some of the raiders are fighting in space.. while others land on the ground to diactivate the force field.. Has never been done before?

Why dident they Copy the Racing from film number 4(episode 1)? Make custimizable racers.. you could trim and build engines, build diffrent death contraptions.. Put In a racing Engine for the Racing, Just Instance it. Have other players take bets on it.. and watch the racing on a screen... Have 3 Events per week and in the downtime betwen races people could repair and Refit their Speeders for the next Race... Have a hole crafting Industry around it??

Why not let people be real smugglers and others be bounty hunters trying to catch them??

I can go on and on and on

But with so many things they could have done why did it end up with.. "Watch/listen to cutscene then go kill 10 Rats for tails.... and why did endgame end up being Mouse Wheel? that you run over and over on diffrent dificutlies for Purpul drops?? I personaly dont get it.. Im lost for words at the lack of Innovation this game has brought to the genre... 

Great ideas, and probably doable with a 300 million dollar budget. Unfortunately, Bioware decided that voice work > gameplay and complex features.

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279

SWTOR was a game where they tried to make something new and it blew up in their faces. it happens, with progress we have failure. this is something that NEEDS to happen, now the developers know which route NOT to take.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• TheonenoniTheonenoni Member Posts: 279

Face it, SWTOR was not the game that everyone wanted. BioWare doesnt make good games. 

-I am here to perform logic

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

Originally posted by LadyNoh

SWTOR was a game where they tried to make something new and it blew up in their faces. it happens, with progress we have failure. this is something that NEEDS to happen, now the developers know which route NOT to take.

you would think but looking back at failure after failure it's obvious developers don't learn much from past mistakes.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• Timeout77Timeout77 Member Posts: 177

Lets really really hope so.. But with a trail of Free to play subpar themeparks, shouldent they have know allready??? I guess these game still make anough money even with only 2 servers left (cough warhammer online)

• MonorojoMonorojo Member UncommonPosts: 411

Population is actually growing on both servers that I play on. Dark Reaper (Republic) and Harbrginer (Imp).

Hell there are over 100+ people on Dromund Kaas, and a bunch of people asking noob questions. I am in a leveling guild with 50+ active people and most just started the game this week or last.

I know you guys want this game to die so bad it hurts, but its not :)

You guys are right, however you have to find the develpers who are in for it more than just money. bascially the devs who are changing things instead of releaseing the same cookie cutter game over and over. Bioware tried and failed, but atleast they tried. The Secret World and Guild Wars 2 are the next 2 that actually look different, Archage might also be on the list but my research into the game hasnt really come up with enough knowladge into the game to make a verdict.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

Originally posted by Monorojo

Population is actually growing on both servers that I play on. Dark Reaper (Republic) and Harbrginer (Imp).

Hell there are over 100+ people on Dromund Kaas, and a bunch of people asking noob questions. I am in a leveling guild with 50+ active people and most just started the game this week or last.

because people are all abondoning empty servers and moving to fuller ones.. doesn't take a genius to figure that one out.

http://www.torstatus.net/shards/us/stats click on the change tab.. doesn't look like a game that's booming in new sub's to me

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207

You guys are right, however you have to find the develpers who are in for it more than just money. bascially the devs who are changing things instead of releaseing the same cookie cutter game over and over. Bioware tried and failed, but atleast they tried. The Secret World and Guild Wars 2 are the next 2 that actually look different, Archage might also be on the list but my research into the game hasnt really come up with enough knowladge into the game to make a verdict.

how did they "try"

they copied wow, removed half the features, took out all choice in leveling areas, then stuck in a load of voice over.  Theres nothing innovative in SWTOR

Originally posted by Aerowyn

Originally posted by Monorojo

because people are all abondoning empty servers and moving to fuller ones.. doesn't take a genius to figure that one out.

http://www.torstatus.net/shards/us/stats click on the change tab.. doesn't look like a game that's booming in new sub's to me

lol. All that shows is that people dont play a game as much as they did  2.5 months after release compared to launch. This is the case for every game ever made. This is no indication of sub numbers, you guys are reaching so hard and so far it is just so cute to watch.

• Sp!k3Sp!k3 Member Posts: 60

The so called "mmo" game which is SW TOR is a poor production like everything else LA released since 1990 - BioWhore was silly enough to follow that trend and became a laughing stock of gaming industry like every other EA offspring - for the love of god even ME3 is getting ganked by x,y,z fanboyz (not that it doesn't deserve it).

One/two years ago I've heard rumors in gaming "world" that the game was a disaster and that people from Lucas went ballistic once they saw its final (alpha - mind You) version. I'm sure that this game won't last longer than 3 months from now (25.02.2012)  - and I'm afraid that BW might share its faith due to colossal looses they've generated. We will see but the future's grim - the future's BW....black I guess.

• phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738

Game does get more and more boring... thats for sure...

Originally posted by ShakyMo

how did they "try"

they copied wow, removed half the features, took out all choice in leveling areas, then stuck in a load of voice over.  Theres nothing innovative in SWTOR

True...

Wow sucks too but true.

EQ FTW... Come on EQ next

• gadunkgadunk Member UncommonPosts: 164

I'll keep enjoying swtor for a long time. Two lvl 50s and counting. I guess having friends that play to duo with helps, but I enjoy the hell out of the game as it is, and can't wait to see what the future holds.

Originally posted by Sp!k3

The so called "mmo" game which is SW TOR is a poor production like everything else LA released since 1990 - BioWhore was silly enough to follow that trend and became a laughing stock of gaming industry like every other EA offspring - for the love of god even ME3 is getting ganked by x,y,z fanboyz (not that it doesn't deserve it).

One/two years ago I've heard rumors in gaming "world" that the game was a disaster and that people from Lucas went ballistic once they saw its final (alpha - mind You) version. I'm sure that this game won't last longer than 3 months from now (25.02.2012)  - and I'm afraid that BW might share its faith due to colossal looses they've generated. We will see but the future's grim - the future's BW....black I guess.

That all depends on Funding. simply put at this point (and i am leaving out afew variables) so long as the money coming in is enough to support the servers they are making a profit.

Because i can.

Originally posted by gadunk

I'll keep enjoying swtor for a long time. Two lvl 50s and counting. I guess having friends that play to duo with helps, but I enjoy the hell out of the game as it is, and can't wait to see what the future holds.

In  the same boat for sure!!

:)

Originally posted by gadunk

Honestly pls do share all the titles of other mmo's You've played and Your age.

I think this is the game I got the most bored with the fastest... even faster than MO.

how did they "try"

They tried by incorperationg new things into the game. did you forget about the cover system, how Huttball as annoying as it became was something actually new or least something old with a new twist. focusing on story over grind, the space battles. removal of auto attack. originally they allowed all weapons and armor to be upgraded to be as powerful if not more powerful that the coveted endgame gear (however this was scrapped before Open Beta), or the enviromental things you could attack which causes a powerful AoE that usually drops your opponents.

now not all of these things could be deemed as good but they did bring in a new form of flavor. if anything SWTOR SHOULD be disected take the good ideas remove the bad ones and put into the next gen games. 

Because i can.

That all depends on Funding. simply put at this point (and i am leaving out afew variables) so long as the money coming in is enough to support the servers they are making a profit.

...and You know that the money is coming mate?! Support how many servers is also the case... besides why the hell am I poking the dead horse ("it's dead Jim"). Pard me.

• Scott23Scott23 Member UncommonPosts: 293

We are still enjoying it so my wife and I will stay sub'd for the next few months at the very least.

...and You know that the money is coming mate?! Support how many servers is also the case... besides why the hell am I poking the dead horse ("it's dead Jim"). Pard me.

Simple the removal of unused servers will fix that. the only reason there were so meny servers to begin with was because of the MASSIVE boom at launch. im giving it till the end of 2012 before it dies out. 3 months is too soon, ive been apart of dying games. they usually give atleast 3 months warning prior to closing the doors.

Because i can.

• plescureplescure Member UncommonPosts: 397

Playing SWTOR actually motivated me to fire up my old WOW account that ive not used for years. I spent much time in SWTOR thinking of all the basic features it was missing that it made me want to play a game that had bucketloads of features and a bit of polish. hence: wow.

If someone is talking in general chat in a language you dont understand, chances are they're not talking to you. So chill out and stop bitching about it!

how did they "try"

They tried by incorperationg new things into the game. did you forget about the cover system, how Huttball as annoying as it became was something actually new or least something old with a new twist. focusing on story over grind, the space battles. removal of auto attack. originally they allowed all weapons and armor to be upgraded to be as powerful if not more powerful that the coveted endgame gear (however this was scrapped before Open Beta), or the enviromental things you could attack which causes a powerful AoE that usually drops your opponents.

now not all of these things could be deemed as good but they did bring in a new form of flavor. if anything SWTOR SHOULD be disected take the good ideas remove the bad ones and put into the next gen games. 

I will add some.

The lack of people knowing what the f*ck there doing.  Oh wait.. not having to group and learn how to play your class is not new.

Lack of content or filler.  I am max level, max geared... what to do... make an alt.  Where are the good days of continue to level 1 character and improve em.

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

Originally posted by Kyleran

Well, I just got started, (level 32 Commando) but already the draw is starting to go down for me. (I'm not thrilled with the end game target I'm heading to).

I will say my son's friend who really likes SWTOR has suddenly picked up WOW once again, and his reasoning is that now that he's level 50, and actually decently geared there isn't much of interest for him to do for now.

Pretty much what happened to me.  I got to level 33 on my Sorcorer and that was it for me, cancelled my sub last night with 1 day left (haven't hardly played in a month though).  I had enough of the kill 20 dudes and go click on this inaminate object and your quest is complete crap.  I was kind of dreading the endgame (based on what my friends told me) and just decided to stop playing before I got there.  The voice overs were great at first, but I found myself 'spacebarring' throug most of it later on, except for the main story quests.  I had a friend who got 50 very early and I was trying to catch up, never going to happen (he's actually stopped playing now too hah).  I also played all the other classes, some to mid 20's levels to get a feel for their story, but tbh, the stories were all pretty bland and similar. 

I wanted to like this game, especially after keeping an eye for 3+ years.  Plus it's Star Wars....the first movie I ever saw in a theatre was Return of the Jedi in 1983, so I have been a lifelong SW fan...That still was not enough to keep me around.  Disappointing!  Wish the remaining players the best though, just not my game.

This discussion has been closed.