Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kingdom of amaular is not skyrim

13»

Comments

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Originally posted by jdnewell

I thought KOA was an OK game overall.

My biggest gripes with it is its so easy. I started out on the hardest diffuculty and it was never hard...ever.

And the loot system is terribad. Killing a boss at level 20 and getting a level 4 drop? WTF? Blacksmithing is way OP . You never need a loot drop when you can craft the best equipment at level 16.

Oh well. Maybe they will improve it if they do a #2.

Otherwise wait until this one is in the sale bin or mid week madness on steam IMO.

Yeah. Difficulty level is a LAUGH.

I played on hard (hardest possible difficulty) and it is pathetic.  Ok at first few levels you MAY have LITTLE challange here and there but later on? 

- Amount of xp and gold this game shower at you is ridiculously big.

- You get 'tougher' as you gain level & gear and mobs do it much more slowly (even when I skipped alot of zones to artificaly increase difficulty level ) so you're in god mode from level 18-20 +

- Mobs attacks does not get faster, more complex or unpradictiable - they are exaclty same mobs like at level 1 , just with bit more hp, while you as player after playing for long hours are obviously better at handling your character.

- totally ridiculously OP crafting

- you can find shops with VERY POWERFUL ITEMS and cause amount of gold you get in game is ridiculosely high - well you understand implications...

That kinda ruin enjoyment of playing this game preety fast.

I cannot even imagine how this game plays at easy or normal diffculty...have to be most boring faceroll experience ever.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Just noticed they got the obligatory ea cash in dlc out for koa already, hmm pay for dlc that they probably deliberately kept baCk from launch or use some of the many free open gamer mods for skyrim
  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Originally posted by ShakyMo

from what i hear not as good as witcher 2 either

Skyrim wasnt as good as Witcher 2. So it goes without saying that a game that isnt as good as Skyrim isnt as good as Witcher 2.

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Comepare The Witcher 2 difficulty with Koa or even Skyrim TW2 is lightyears more difficult on Dark or nightmare then those games.

But Skyrim 300hours gameplay maybe even more and HUGE MOD community, is still better then TW2 becouse movement and combat is obvious console in mind limited freedom, while skyrim have a huge world to explore while TW2 is way to short 50 hours max and last areas way to small and rushed plus uninspiring gameplay and limited freedom and exploration.

Still i hope The Witcher 2 makers stay true to PC community and 100% DRM free i will always buy CD Project games over Bethesda games becouse of DRM free PC game.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• marcuslmmarcuslm Member UncommonPosts: 263

I'm glad it's not Skyrim.

I am about 40hrs in on KOA and I think it's an awesome game. The artwork (environments, monsters) is excellent and the combat is a blast.

Does it need some tweaking (difficulty, loot,  etc)? Certainly it does. Most games do need some tweaking after release. Take Skyrim for example, when I tried it the ui was terrible. From what I understand though, there have been several mods etc to tweak that. It happens.

• chaostengchaosteng Member Posts: 6

its more like fable

Close The Gate Of Oblivion!

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

Originally posted by Killsmallchi

I read a post that said it was like Skyrim. Kingdom of amaular blows. Who ever said that was being paid. Skyrim had depth and was exciting. Kingdom of Amaular is like fable just worse questing, mechanics...ahh hell the whole game was worse. Skyrim is king of all that is and ever was....but maybe not all that will be.... 

incase you need bullet points.

graphics = exactly like fable

combat = exactly like fable

gear system = nothing really looks coool its all just shadded a tiny bit different

level up = exactly like every other game besides skyrim

story = was there one? I just remember reading a whole lot of...kill 5 X and you will save the town... and oh you the first undead human blah blah blah fate....FATE!!! OH NOOOOOO FATE!!!! IT's a FAAAAATE!!!

quality over all = 5.... kept my attention for like 4 days then just got bored of seeing the same 3 enemies and the easily predictable story line

now we see if this thread gets locked since someone is getting paid to boost this game.

I'm not getting this topic, you read someone that had posted that KoAR is like Skyrim yet you did not provide a link to the orginal post of that "very important" person.

Myself if I would read something like that I just think to myself that that person must have very little experiance with RPG's.

The only connection I am aware of with The Elders Scrolls series but not Skyrim is Ken Rolston.

Besides some basic RPG mechanics both games are nothing alike.

Between the two I consider Skyrim to be the most enjoyable and incredible game, while I consider KoAR to be a different kind of fun, in my mmorpg experiance it would feel something like playing Star Wars Galaxies and then trying World of Warcraft after that, where WoW felt so very limited and had this cartoony look about it, did have fun with WoW but the limitations of what I thought a MMORPG should not have is what drove me away. Kinda similar feeling with Skyrim and KoAR while I don't mind it that much with KoAR cause as a SRPG the game will end.

Perhaps I am fortunate to enjoy more layers in games aswell game genre's, yet do have expectations, but there is so much info out there prefered from orginal developers/gamestudio that by now I don't bite at hype, but might occasionaly buy a game that seemed intresting yet couldn't enjoy it, to me that's the risk of being a gamer.

• UtukuMoonUtukuMoon Member Posts: 1,066
    Originally posted by Strap

Good to know.

I am currently LOVING Skyrim - after several fruitless years of trying to enjoy what MMOs have become - and I am already wondering if there are other games out there like Skyrim.

Where could I read more about Bethseda? Are their previous games as good as Skyrim, in the same sandboxy style?

Skyrim is a bit too buggy, but apart from that a near-perfect game for me - 9.5/10.

Cheers OP.

You would be doing yourself an injustice if you didn't get the witcher 2,he'll even the first witcher blows koa away.IMO the witcher 2 is a better game than skyrim.

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Originally posted by Brenelael
    As for the game itself I've yet to try it so I won't comment on it directly. I've mainly been waiting for player/critic reactions before I dive in and purchase the game. So far reactions have been very mixed. Today's 'cash grab' video game market has made me a VERY cautious consumer. I've been burned by hype too many times in the past to just dive in and buy a game anymore.

Bren

Have you tried the demo? I did and was not overly impressed. It is only 45 minutes of playtime, but in that time I was not inclined to purchase.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Good to know.

I am currently LOVING Skyrim - after several fruitless years of trying to enjoy what MMOs have become - and I am already wondering if there are other games out there like Skyrim.

Where could I read more about Bethseda? Are their previous games as good as Skyrim, in the same sandboxy style?

Skyrim is a bit too buggy, but apart from that a near-perfect game for me - 9.5/10.

Cheers OP.

Poke around here a bit and see the games Bethesda did before Skyrim. My first one was Morrowind and thus is my favorite. I did not care much for Oblivion, but am enjoying Skyrim.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• xr00t3dxxr00t3dx Member Posts: 275

Originally posted by Killsmallchi

I read a post that said it was like Skyrim. Kingdom of amaular blows. Who ever said that was being paid. Skyrim had depth and was exciting. Kingdom of Amaular is like fable just worse questing, mechanics...ahh hell the whole game was worse. Skyrim is king of all that is and ever was....but maybe not all that will be.... 

incase you need bullet points.

graphics = exactly like fable

combat = exactly like fable

gear system = nothing really looks coool its all just shadded a tiny bit different

level up = exactly like every other game besides skyrim

story = was there one? I just remember reading a whole lot of...kill 5 X and you will save the town... and oh you the first undead human blah blah blah fate....FATE!!! OH NOOOOOO FATE!!!! IT's a FAAAAATE!!!

quality over all = 5.... kept my attention for like 4 days then just got bored of seeing the same 3 enemies and the easily predictable story line

now we see if this thread gets locked since someone is getting paid to boost this game.

Thank you. I'm certain many people now see the error of their ways. /pokes eyes out with spoon

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015

Originally posted by evilastro

Skyrim wasnt as good as Witcher 2. So it goes without saying that a game that isnt as good as Skyrim isnt as good as Witcher 2.

I suppose that's subjective.

I couldn't get through witcher 2, completely lost my attention. Havnig said that, I think Witcher 2 does story a bit better than skryim.

If people do like games such as skyrim then I HIGHLY recommend Morrowind. It doesn't hold your hand as much as skyrim but it's a great game. It's a bit old so some of the graphics are dated but if people do a search there is an excellent player update that really freshens it up.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692

Originally posted by Sovrath

I couldn't get through witcher 2, completely lost my attention. Havnig said that, I think Witcher 2 does story a bit better than skryim.

If people do like games such as skyrim then I HIGHLY recommend Morrowind. It doesn't hold your hand as much as skyrim but it's a great game. It's a bit old so some of the graphics are dated but if people do a search there is an excellent player update that really freshens it up.

Like this one

Or this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NX-MvnYUEs. There's lots of item model and character overhaul ones too.

...now I wanna play again...

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• dimasokdimasok Member UncommonPosts: 183

KOA is not Skyrim indeed. Its bland and boring and I lost interest after playing for an hour while I spent countless hours lost in Skyrim despite what some might call all of its "defficiencies". Yes, KOA might have some individuals elements implemented better (combat...) but its not fun and I lost the drive to play way too soon...

Which is why I dont want an MMO made in that universe - I would yawn through all the quests..

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

Originally posted by AlBQuirky

Originally posted by Brenelael

As for the game itself I've yet to try it so I won't comment on it directly. I've mainly been waiting for player/critic reactions before I dive in and purchase the game. So far reactions have been very mixed. Today's 'cash grab' video game market has made me a VERY cautious consumer. I've been burned by hype too many times in the past to just dive in and buy a game anymore.

Bren

Have you tried the demo? I did and was not overly impressed. It is only 45 minutes of playtime, but in that time I was not inclined to purchase.

Same here, but didn't know much about the game since jan. of this year, thought it would be a instant buy after reading up a little, tried the demo and was sort of let down. Eventually did pick up the game and must say I'm having fun, eventhough it's nothing like Skyrim, it's just a lighthearted action based RPG to me, but fun nevertheless.

Thankfully I am able to play and enjoy all sorts of games en differerent genre's, but will say this if people are expecting a kind of Skyrim like RPG then don't buy the game, if you are the type of gamer that can judge a game by what it actually gives instead like those new people to compare it to other games then I would say give the game a try. Oh and the game is very easy-mode, kinda regret to gain the Shepard pack (armor/weapons) from playing the ME3 demo, so it lacks some challenge for sure, but like I said thankfully I play plenty of other games too that do provide more challenge, and like loving a good restaurant sometimes it's fun to pick up something from burgerking or mcdonalds image

Originally posted by Sovrath

Originally posted by evilastro

I belong to group that still say morrowind is best in the series for me personally still number one elder scrolls game.
    But Skyrim is no hold hand at all its as free as Morrowind.

Good to know.

Cheers OP.

Morrowind if you dont mind older game but with MODS you can improve on graphics alot ala Oblivion.

Two Worlds 1 is also free roaming huge world with alot different mobs and nice dungeons to explore i think alot BETTER then Oblivon.

Divinity 2: Ego Draconis with expansion Dragon Knight Saga

Ghotic 3 also similar to Elder Scrolls with latest patches most bugs are gone.

Risen soon risen 2 Darkwaters