Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Returned to MO with 2 friends

Comments

• argiropargirop Member UncommonPosts: 300

Originally posted by Hitman111110

Originally posted by argirop

You from the other side you giving them compliments and back up when they clearly dont deserve it and you also encouraging them to do exactly the same things they are doing the last 2 years: being anything else appart professional and having their fun in expense of the customers who where naive enough to follow their cause.

Fun? You think they are having fun, I don't know about you, but I don’t think the ability to have your phone called any hour of the day ,is fun. How many games can you call the CEO and the CEO actually answers?  I don’t there is many.  Hernik has said, in not the exact words, I have heard your concerns and we are working on them. They are addressing some major issues with the game.

Yes I will give them compliments, they are trying the day they stop trying is the day they lose my money.  I never said I was 100% happy with the game; it has its issues as everyone has not failed to point out.  In an interview they finally announced how many people were actually working on MO the number was 5.  The statements are clear; the company is in the red.  They expect to break even soon.  Game Population is up. It does matter what time you are in the game, and yes I have seen more trial accounts more.  All I am asking is to give it a shot, wait till the expansion, play if you have not, and give them just a chance.

e.

If you think its healthy for a company and a CEO to pick up his phone and answering questions from angry customers who got banned or got stuck or got double charged is a good addition in a game then i dont think we need to drive the conversation any further than that. Its plain unprofessional as it is having GM's with guild affiliations as it is lying to your playerbase as it is asking from it to fight your wars. I guess it depends though from what each one is searching in a game. I m personally after fun and fun means the game should be playable with some content some steady developement and some nice features. If you are after following games CEO on his Twiter or having his telephone then i m sorry but we are not alike. Which one is a healthier gamer is up the the viewers to decide.

Feel free to continue doing whatever pleases you. Its a free world afterall and i m not trying to put a sock on your mouth which is exactly what you are trying to do to me. Give them compliments call them on the phone and send them flowers if it makes you feel better. My only concern on that is that if you and others keep on doing so, things will remain pretty much the same as it is the last 2 years which is pretty much a horrizontal flatline but in terms of developement and general progress. SV as long as they know they have more customers to milk, they will never be forced to change their ways. Only way for smt like that to happen will be to stop puting food on their table. I will agree that something like that might end up not only on changing their unprofessional tacticks and doing the things they are blatantly denying to do the last years (nothing more than make MO not the diamond that it was advertised to be but a somehow decent game that it will be somehow fun to play and will not drive anyone whos testing it away in a timeline of few minutes/ hours top) but it also might end up with MO shutdown and SV disapear from the map once and for all.

I will express my opinion here and say that i wouldnt like MO shutdown but if the only option is to be in the same state for years to come maybe its best rather than beating a dead horse with a stick or keeping it in life support with false promisses, hypocricy, unethical and lame tacticks and by creating drama and caos around the title.  Do you know how many years Henrik is working uppon community's concerns? Since day 1 and what he achieved so far by working on community's concerns? only driving away thousands of subscribers and stay behind with a minor portion of the former community (not the healthiest part if you ask me) and hiding behind diehard fans and bots.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Well as the dr has just signed me off work for a week with a spasticated back I am going to give the 14 day free trial a shot, please feel free to check my posting history, which whilst may indicate signs of insanity, will show I am not a MO shill.
  • GwahlurGwahlur Member UncommonPosts: 201

Originally posted by Charas

I wish I could give this game a shot but it just won't install on my PC, their launcher just doesn't work for me (and many others it would seem).

In 15 years of PC gaming, this is the only title I haven't been able to install.

Seriously Star Vault, if you want more than 2k subs, you're gonna have to start by delivering a working launcher, this just isn't serious work from you guys.

Wish you all the best though, and hope you'll fix the launcher for the next expansion.

People have been saying that may be because you're trying to install it on an almost full harddrive?

Something about needing room for both installfiles/patches and the actual install. Maybe that could be the reason for you too

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987

Feel free to continue doing whatever pleases you. Its a free world afterall and i m not trying to put a sock on your mouth which is exactly what you are trying to do to me.

You're quite a Mr. Double Standards are you. You keep getting upset when people point your direction but you pointing at other posters and SV seems to be perfectly fine in your world. Anyway, since this is not about you..

My only concern on that is that if you and others keep on doing so, things will remain pretty much the same as it is the last 2 years which is pretty much a horrizontal flatline but in terms of developement and general progress.

This is why many of you can be easily tagged as "haters". MO has moved relatively  far (it's just a few people) since release, that is something I believe. Although I haven't played at release (avoided it due to alpha state) I know people who played it than and (at least) tried it recently and have claimed it improved milles.

On the other hand, we all know there's still planty of work to do and that it's moving slowly, but as long as they actualy show some work, it's good enaugh for many of us. That is until MO gets a proper competitor offering a better experience in similar world setting. And untill than I'm afraid you'll be busy slagging on us "fanboys".

Than again this could take a while. I mean who would want to make games who receive so much hate (as seen in MO and DF). Surely not the companies with enaugh resources. They prefer to keep their money where it's safe.

I will express my opinion here and say that i wouldnt like MO shutdown but if the only option is to be in the same state for years to come maybe its best rather than beating a dead horse with a stick or keeping it in life support with false promisses, hypocricy, unethical and lame tacticks and by creating drama and caos around the title.

So you believe that ffa pvp sanbox market is stagnant because MO is doing bad? And if you murder MO/SV,  it would be better somehow? I guess it would be, at least for you... you could finaly move on, yea? lol

Why can't you just accept that a small group of people are trying to follow their vision. Why does that hurt you so much? Just move on, forget MO.

Ah ye..

Do you know how many years Henrik is working uppon community's concerns? Since day 1 and what he achieved so far by working on community's concerns? only driving away thousands of subscribers and stay behind with a minor portion of the former community (not the healthiest part if you ask me) and hiding behind diehard fans and bots.

What SV  displayed for all to see is how  a plan of a dev company trying to work close with players only backstabs. I've seen this so many times in last 15 years. Especially in small indi games where devs don't have armies of payed employies forming a wall between them and players. It's delussional if you think it's possible to satisfy masses of spoiled-lieing-exploiting-buthurt-raging gamers with lack of ethical values who are  hiding behind internet anonimity and mostly down to "me-me-me-me-me".

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

I plan on activating today when I get home from work.  I am going to play all weekend and be the judge of whats going on.  I haven't played since release really which was horrible. I hope its a little better then it was then.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709

Give it a chance.  I hold out for the best. When I know it’s not coming I leave.

I have given it a chance - several chances, as a matter of fact.

I did hold out for the best, for over a year.

I knew it wasn't coming, so I left.

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709

Originally posted by StarI

What Gwalur and you are saying in the last few posts is very right.

Anyone with a grain of salt in his head knows continuous slagging like these guys are doing has no value as such. Zerro. There is nothing constructive in it and it always reaks of subjective views (and no objectivity). Those who want to be constructive and really help with input will not come around these forums just to write how much game sucks. This to me is clear as day and night and I believe anyone, even a good bunch of people who like to spread hate know this very well. They just come here to satisfy their personal needs (and to drive away boredom). And who's the best target if not an indi game with bumpy history and gameplay rule-set that makes peopel cry irl.

Thanks for giving us your utterly subjective and non-objective view on the matter. 

Now will you provide us with anything constructive please, like using arguments instead of opinions to counter any of the FACTS provided by those you label "haters"?

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

Desync and the exploiters were the two things that drove me away from this game. Besides that I loved it.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

Originally posted by StarI

Feel free to continue doing whatever pleases you. Its a free world afterall and i m not trying to put a sock on your mouth which is exactly what you are trying to do to me.

You're quite a Mr. Double Standards are you. You keep getting upset when people point your direction but you pointing at other posters and SV seems to be perfectly fine in your world. Anyway, since this is not about you..

I m not getting upset at all. Quite the opposite. I m getting very amused when i see people claiming that the game is better than ever, that bugs are pretty much iron out of the game appart from few, that SV has great communication with customers etc etc. I m getting a lot of laughs when i see propaganda of the type lets all move on "MMORPG to create drama" from people who are afraid to make such posts on their original accounts and creating trial ones especialy for that. And yes its not about me. I m nothing but an unhappy customer... one number of the many of the same kind.

My only concern on that is that if you and others keep on doing so, things will remain pretty much the same as it is the last 2 years which is pretty much a horrizontal flatline but in terms of developement and general progress.

This is why many of you can be easily tagged as "haters". MO has moved relatively  far (it's just a few people) since release, that is something I believe. Although I haven't played at release (avoided it due to alpha state) I know people who played it than and (at least) tried it recently and have claimed it improved milles.

Well lets agree that is just a matter of how people see things. For me MO since is a paid game with AAA subscription fees did minimum progress and i blame SV for incompetence since every major patch so far was a disaster, slappy and was creating a state of caos in game... caos that was taking them months to make it somehow playable. Only somehow decent patch was TC and its sad cause i consider it "somehow decent" not because it was good or functional but because didnt came along with major gamebreaking bugs. Seeing ingame bugs that are there from Beta and SV fail/ignore to fix them and giving 0 feedback on customers that are feed up with those isnt "progress" nor even professional behaviour at least in my own agenda.

On the other hand, we all know there's still planty of work to do and that it's moving slowly, but as long as they actualy show some work, it's good enaugh for many of us. That is until MO gets a proper competitor offering a better experience in similar world setting. And untill than I'm afraid you'll be busy slagging on us "fanboys".

I m afraid its a bit more complicated than that. MO tends to "burnout" its playerbase sooner or later. Me for example i m not very patient guy in general but all this time i whitnesed people from my guild and the community in general that we use to disagree a lot cause they where be extremely optimistic concerning Mortal and SV when i was quite the opposite that through the time got so much disapointed from the game itself and how SV deal with things that not only left but they never looked back and prolly they never will.  Full loot Sandbox followers are a limited market and SV slowly but steady managed to consume them one by one and leeave them with a taste of bitterness concerning the game and the company itself.

Than again this could take a while. I mean who would want to make games who receive so much hate (as seen in MO and DF). Surely not the companies with enaugh resources. They prefer to keep their money where it's safe.

So you saying that every full loot sandbox follower should support a broken game and a crappy company just for the sake of the genre itself and the possibility for an AAA serious company to deliver games in the future?, My bet is that an attitude like that will not open the road for gaming companies to invest on sandbox titles rather than crappy companies to deliver crappy, unfinished, buggy, cheap and frustrating titles similar to MO and all the crap around that. Since you mentioned DF tbh i never wanted to play that cause simply it wasnt appealing to me. But a little bit more than one month ago that decided not to renew my subscription to MO for several reasons i thought to take a look at DF's trial. After all this time playing MO it was a nice change to play something that was actualy functional. The game had its pros and its cons. Population was pretty low, grind was a little bit over the top for my taste and the world wasnt as :real" as the one in MO. But the game felt so huge and complete that made me wonder why the hell i was playing MO for all this time and especialy in the state it was. Cant claim that 14 days was enough to see many negatives neither that i was able to explore all the aspects of the game nor to see the endgame content. But it felt that DF had actual content the same time that MO hadnt, if that makes any point you.

I will express my opinion here and say that i wouldnt like MO shutdown but if the only option is to be in the same state for years to come maybe its best rather than beating a dead horse with a stick or keeping it in life support with false promisses, hypocricy, unethical and lame tacticks and by creating drama and caos around the title.

So you believe that ffa pvp sanbox market is stagnant because MO is doing bad? And if you murder MO/SV,  it would be better somehow? I guess it would be, at least for you... you could finaly move on, yea? lol

Why can't you just accept that a small group of people are trying to follow their vision. Why does that hurt you so much? Just move on, forget MO.

Ah ye..

No. I believe ffa pvp sandbox market is stagnating because gaming companies probably cant invest much money in the genre cause apparently they know that it doesnt worth it as a bussiness investment. Also believe that MO and SV dont help at all on expanding the market for the genre and they fail on proving that there is a solid and quite big community that is hungry for the genre.

Tbh after all this time i dont see SV as a small company for chasing their vision. They are small allright and become smaller cause of terrible decissions and tacticks that costed to them losing all their playerbase and followers appart from a minor portion that stayed behind for their own reasons. At this point it doesnt make much difference if that happened cause they where unable to reach that "vision" cause of lack or resources, lack of exerience, lack of leadership, lack of education, lack of luck or whatever people tends to think of. The thing is that they did and at this point is highly unlikely to make a comeback not for any other reason but for the fact that the major part of the community who followed MO from the beggining lost all their faith to the game and they are not willing to look back. It hurts me more than you can imagine cause i had high hopes for MO and i still have the hope that a change might happen. But i dont have any hopes that SV will do that. My guess is that they are trying to bring the game in a somehow decent state and sell it to another company but that will be difficult aswell cause they manage to become a joke for the gaming industry. As it is about moving on i m sorry to say that to you but dont you think that after paying more than 80 Euro's for a boxed version that didnt came in my hands as it was supposed to be (not functional DVD), close to 35 Euros for a digital version and supporting 2 accounts on and off since the beggining, at least i feel entitled to judge them, criticise them and i think i m entitled to get some answers to my questions that being ignored on and on.Also have in mind that it will not do you any good nor MO and SV if the people who are in the same/similar shoes as mine just "move on, forget MO" so i fail to see why you saying something like that. Thousands people did that and look how things are today that MO has less than a couple of hundreds active players from whom a quite nice sum is just trials that jumping in and will simply jump out when their free 14 days will expire.

Do you know how many years Henrik is working uppon community's concerns? Since day 1 and what he achieved so far by working on community's concerns? only driving away thousands of subscribers and stay behind with a minor portion of the former community (not the healthiest part if you ask me) and hiding behind diehard fans and bots.

What SV  displayed for all to see is how  a plan of a dev company trying to work close with players only backstabs. I've seen this so many times in last 15 years. Especially in small indi games where devs don't have armies of payed employies forming a wall between them and players. It's delussional if you think it's possible to satisfy masses of spoiled-lieing-exploiting-buthurt-raging gamers with lack of ethical values who are  hiding behind internet anonimity and mostly down to "me-me-me-me-me" 

Partially i will have to agree on that. SV displayed that a team like that working "so close" as you say to the community cant lead to something good appart from drama, caos, GM's getting involved in politics by taking sides and actively interferre with the gameplay like gods, raging players, eventualy leaving the game and whole gaming community laughing hard on their "achievements". Situation in MO reminds me of my childhood many years ago when me and some friends use to play Lineage II on a private server who had its base in an internet cafe store in our neighborhood. GM's in that server where 14-15 year old boys who used to give epic items (enchanted weapons/ armor, extra skills, god skills and whatever you can imagine) to younger kids in exchange for their pocket money. As you can imagine it was fun on the beggining but after a few months i remember some epic fights in the base of the server on that specific internet cafe where 10-14 year old kids punching and kicking eachother, throwing chairs, ashtrays, keyboards and breaking the store's glass doors. As you can imagine the server didnt live long and the owners of the store kick all the little troublemakers out. Thats pretty much a very similar situation with MO in a larger scale that envolves grown up people that do pay REAL money not to 14 year old kids but to 20+ year old immature young men.If your gaming carier is 15 years as you said i m also pretty sure you ve noticed that gamers are a bit hard audience. Unfortunatelly is extremely difficult to say whos on the side you mentioning and they are quite a few and who are legitimate players but real CAOS comes out when the ones you mentioning have the chance to drasticaly get involved with the game itself by becoming councilors and GM's. I think both of us among many many others saw that happening not too long ago. The only worse thing than that is when those kind of people are actualy getting involved in the management of the company we are talking about. And trust me thats a fail-fail case.

• Hitman111110Hitman111110 Member Posts: 9

Originally posted by Biskop

Give it a chance.  I hold out for the best. When I know it’s not coming I leave.

I have given it a chance - several chances, as a matter of fact.

I did hold out for the best, for over a year.

I knew it wasn't coming, so I left.

Then I thank you for giving it a try and not totally fragging the game.  You put your time in, I have not put that much time in so I keep faith.

If I wanted to shove a sock in your mouth I would be pull out more ammo than I am. I feel everyone is entitled to your own ideas.

Give them compliments call them on the phone and send them flowers if it makes you feel better. My only concern on that is that if you and others keep on doing so, things will remain pretty much the same as it is the last 2 years which is pretty much a horrizontal flatline but in terms of developement and general progress.

When was the last time you played?  How can you say it is flatlined, when was the last time you actually played?

SV as long as they know they have more customers to milk, they will never be forced to change their ways. Only way for smt like that to happen will be to stop puting food on their table. I will agree that something like that might end up not only on changing their unprofessional tacticks and doing the things they are blatantly denying to do the last years (nothing more than make MO not the diamond that it was advertised to be but a somehow decent game that it will be somehow fun to play and will not drive anyone whos testing it away in a timeline of few minutes/ hours top) but it also might end up with MO shutdown and SV disapear from the map once and for all.

With the lastest issue they had , I can promise you that they are re-evaluating the way they handle people and such.

I will express my opinion here and say that i wouldnt like MO shutdown but if the only option is to be in the same state for years to come maybe its best rather than beating a dead horse with a stick or keeping it in life support with false promisses, hypocricy, unethical and lame tacticks and by creating drama and caos around the title.  Do you know how many years Henrik is working uppon community's concerns? Since day 1 and what he achieved so far by working on community's concerns? only driving away thousands of subscribers and stay behind with a minor portion of the former community (not the healthiest part if you ask me) and hiding behind diehard fans and bots.

I am glad you will keep expression your opinions here.  I do not wish that to stop, You seem like a bit of common sense.  Why all I hear is bad things from Mortal and I have yet to have that experaince. 

Originally posted by sinjin

I plan on activating today when I get home from work.  I am going to play all weekend and be the judge of whats going on.  I haven't played since release really which was horrible. I hope its a little better then it was then.

Enjoy the time, 

Thanks

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

Not that anyone cares and don't see the need to start a new thread so will say my peace here. While I have no faith in this game (nor will I ever) and I still think SV is a shady company, I have gotten to know a few fans of MO talking to them in PM and they seem like nice enough people that just happen to like their game. Eventhough they will never convince them their game is worth playing, I will never convince them their  game is no good. There is more to say on the subject and I can't bring anything new to the discussion as I don't intend to ever try a free trial again. So adios, MO forum. It has been fun. I'll keep lurking and being entertained by the debate (and watching the obvious marketing posts) but I'll refrain from posting in this section for the time being. Only time will tell if the game makes it or if it fails.

Adios and sorry for the off-topic. 

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• mehoronmehoron Member Posts: 146

Originally posted by kakasaki

Originally posted by Gwahlur

That's all well and good, and by voting with your wallet you can send the message that you're not happy with half-working sandboxes.

But actively trying to get it shut down isn't helping your cause. As long as SV is still developing MO, there's a chance it can turn into the kind of game you want. How many other studios do you think feel tempted to try to make a sandbox when they see how many people are actively trying to sabotage and get it shut down, saying "i'm trying as hard as i can to make sv bankrupt and when they do go bankrupt i'll be here laughing".

Do you really think that's sending the kind of message you want it to to other developers? I'm having trouble following that logic.

Why do you see it as active try to shut MO down? I see it as an active try to push a bunch of lazy, non creative, unrespectful bunch of young people towards the right direction which is nothing more than working in their project and make it somehow decent which is not. You from the other side you giving them compliments and back up when they clearly dont deserve it and you also encouraging them to do exactly the same things they are doing the last 2 years: being anything else appart professional and having their fun in expense of the customers who where naive enough to follow their cause.

image Very well said!

Wait you just stated that you will never have faith in the game. So why even post here at all, why not go someplace else?

The fact is that most everything thats brought up is just age old issues.

"same things they are doing the last 2 years: being anything else appart professional and having their fun in expense of the customers who where naive enough to follow their cause."

That doesn't make any sense either. I don't play games to invest in the company. I would rather just give their stock 15 bucks a month and buy all their shares if I want to make something off of them or follow their "cause".

When was the last time you actually looked at their projections to implementations.

Companies miss their initial marks of features ALL the time. DF totally screwed up a TON of their promises, Migrating animals, housing wasn't in till later, sieges HAH, not till WAY later as well. They EVENTUALLY made it up, but jeez! Exploiting in that game was also RAMPANT.

[mod edit]

Originally posted by mehoron

That's all well and good, and by voting with your wallet you can send the message that you're not happy with half-working sandboxes.

But actively trying to get it shut down isn't helping your cause. As long as SV is still developing MO, there's a chance it can turn into the kind of game you want. How many other studios do you think feel tempted to try to make a sandbox when they see how many people are actively trying to sabotage and get it shut down, saying "i'm trying as hard as i can to make sv bankrupt and when they do go bankrupt i'll be here laughing".

Do you really think that's sending the kind of message you want it to to other developers? I'm having trouble following that logic.

Why do you see it as active try to shut MO down? I see it as an active try to push a bunch of lazy, non creative, unrespectful bunch of young people towards the right direction which is nothing more than working in their project and make it somehow decent which is not. You from the other side you giving them compliments and back up when they clearly dont deserve it and you also encouraging them to do exactly the same things they are doing the last 2 years: being anything else appart professional and having their fun in expense of the customers who where naive enough to follow their cause.

image Very well said!

Wait you just stated that you will never have faith in the game. So why even post here at all, why not go someplace else?

"same things they are doing the last 2 years: being anything else appart professional and having their fun in expense of the customers who where naive enough to follow their cause."

That doesn't make any sense either. I don't play games to invest in the company. I would rather just give their stock 15 bucks a month and buy all their shares if I want to make something off of them or follow their "cause".

When was the last time you actually looked at their projections to implementations.

Companies miss their initial marks of features ALL the time. DF totally screwed up a TON of their promises, Migrating animals, housing wasn't in till later, sieges HAH, not till WAY later as well. They EVENTUALLY made it up, but jeez! Exploiting in that game was also RAMPANT.

And on another note what is their "cause"? That doesn't make sense either. It's a friggan game, you're supposed to have fun with it. There is no deep seeded mission or wandering philosophy get real. if you aren't having fun then go do something else, not make posts 2 years after they charged you for a month of service you didn't get about shit you have no fucking clue about.

[mod edit]

Npt even worth commenting. you didnt even read my post but still commenting your propaganda BS. Have a nice day and try harder you dont convince anyone cause you are simply doing it it with no good way.

image Very well said!

And on another note what is their "cause"? That doesn't make sense either. It's a friggan game, you're supposed to have fun with it. There is no deep seeded mission or wandering philosophy get real. if you aren't having fun then go do something else, not make posts 2 years after they charged you for a month of service you didn't get about shit you have no fucking clue about.

[mod edit]

Npt even worth commenting. you didnt even read my post but still commenting your propaganda BS. Have a nice day and try harder you dont convince anyone cause you are simply doing it it with no good way.

What propaganda? do you even know what that word means? Here let me copy the definition and go ahead and turn the "Propaganda" around on you.

information, ideas, or rumors deliberately spread widely to help or harm a person, group, movement, institution, nation,etc.

[mod edit]

If I wanted to shove a sock in your mouth I would be pull out more ammo than I am. I feel everyone is entitled to your own ideas.

The thing is that SV doesnt have any ammo to provide cause they epicly failed and keep on failing in every possible and non possible aspect of the game so since their flaws are way more than their advantages even if you had ammo it wouldnt be enough. Also i m not claiming that everyone who likes MO and saying a word about it is just a fanatic, but if you just take a look 2 posts above this you will perfectly get my point. 

Give them compliments call them on the phone and send them flowers if it makes you feel better. My only concern on that is that if you and others keep on doing so, things will remain pretty much the same as it is the last 2 years which is pretty much a horrizontal flatline but in terms of developement and general progress.

When was the last time you played?  How can you say it is flatlined, when was the last time you actually played?

Last time i has active subs in MO was 35-45 days ago (cant tell really cause my memory fails to serve me sometimes) so nothing changed cause latest patch was long than that. 

SV as long as they know they have more customers to milk, they will never be forced to change their ways. Only way for smt like that to happen will be to stop puting food on their table. I will agree that something like that might end up not only on changing their unprofessional tacticks and doing the things they are blatantly denying to do the last years (nothing more than make MO not the diamond that it was advertised to be but a somehow decent game that it will be somehow fun to play and will not drive anyone whos testing it away in a timeline of few minutes/ hours top) but it also might end up with MO shutdown and SV disapear from the map once and for all.

With the lastest issue they had , I can promise you that they are re-evaluating the way they handle people and such.

Dont mean to offend you cause you really seem like a nice fellow and have no reason not to discuss with you but trust me when i say they didnt. The dont have rules of conduct in their ranks. Thats why you see GM's acting like mods in irc or in forums, councilors acting like GM's, moderators acting like CEO, CEO acting like all the ones above + like your best pal (seriously do you think its healthy that people from the playerbase have his phone and they dont afraid to use it every time they nerdraging?), beta testers (focus group) that acting like gods even calling people "idiots" in their own forums when they disagree with them and on and on and on. Theres no continuation on them and there will never be cause they simply lack organization and leadership. They will never change their ways and they repeating the same unprofessional mistakes on and on. Only way and possibility for them to change is if playerbase forces them but i think its allready late for that cause majority of the playerbase allready had enough and dont even wanna have anything to do with them in the future.

I am glad you will keep expression your opinions here.  I do not wish that to stop, You seem like a bit of common sense.  Why all I hear is bad things from Mortal and I have yet to have that experaince.

I m expressing my opinion here cause everytime i tried to do it in MO forums or most of the times my posts where removed by volunteer moderator fanboys that are in the line waiting to delete every possible post that might make MO look in a negative way even if its a true concern, known problem, legitimate question or whatever.

And lets dont mention the fanboys that once you posting a complain, a question or a concern will haste in to insult you and walk away unpunished because they simply serving SV's interrests despite if they are breaking all possible forum rules and normal rules of human behaviour that all human beings are familiar with from the age of 4-6.

It seems they are having a fine time expressing their opinions and the opinions being taken on their forums. Case in point:

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/72350-fix-horses.html#post1276840

I visit the forums every once in a while and that was right there in the feedback forum litterally took me not even a minute to see some developer giving feedback or asking questions on how the players feel about something......

I don't understand where you other people are getting this other stuff from, that your opinions are getting locked up or rejected....

image Very well said!

I stated that i dont have faith in SV.  

People, companies and everyone who is supposely a bit of organized use to aim somewhere. In the case of SV they where supposely aiming on MO to deliver that game and develope it into a certain shape for people to like it or not. Despite that and despite all the bright ideas SV put on the table and didnt deliver yet tm after two years (lol "age issues") MO as a game should had some standards not because every other game out there has them but simply cause MO should be apealing to its playerbase than frustrating as it is. I m not interrested on going deeper into a discussion about things like that with you.

When was the last time you actually looked at their projections to implementations.

Miss initial aim and screw every possible aim or simply wipe it under the carpet and never mention it again are very different things and i wouldnt mind at all if 1st was the case here.

So "friggan" games are not suppose to have cause, aims, content to your liking? how are you supposed to have fun? by logging in and killing every helpless miner, gatherer extractor that is playing the shallow mining/woodcutting simulator and deleting the crap he was gathering for hours? last time i payed them sub for two accounts was around 45 days ago and BTW you are not entitled to say to anyone what and how to do it.

[mod edit]

What propaganda? do you even know what that word means? Here let me copy the definition and go ahead and turn the "Propaganda" around on you.

information, ideas, or rumors deliberately spread widely to help or harm a person, group, movement, institution, nation,etc.

[mod edit]

The definition of propaganda is way more wide than you like to believe. So check a little bit better and it will give you more clues on what it is. If you are unable ask it and i will give you a link that pretty much sais that propaganda is also "...the use of loaded messages to produce an emotional response to the information presented-the desired result is a change of the attitude toward the subject in the target audience to further political agenda...". I will say to you again that is exactly what you doing in both of your posts. you even trying to get as your advantage the fact that i dont feel like discussing with an unpleasant fellow like yourself and you making a second post in which since you dont have any actual arguments all you do is a personnal attack, insults and bashing. Jumping on the offensive wagon, using bigger fonts will not justify your CAUSE neither will give you status or a bigger and wider audience. Your posts will simply remain rude, insulting and trash. Your first post didnt try to promote the game as your predecessors did cause you clearly when you refering to MO you dont have anything to point out as advantage (not at least anything that is not being served in an ocean of bugs, half assed features, placeholders and less than half of them functional but even those not fully) thats why you focused on personal bashing as you did in your second post aswell. Now i dont mind at all if you DGAF about my posts and i will continue posting them as long they re issues INGAME and SV fails or avoids to fix them. I m reading again your pile of BS and insults but still i cant find any points of yours. Its all bashing and more bashing.  

The di

It seems they are having a fine time expressing their opinions and the opinions being taken on their forums. Case in point:

I visit the forums every once in a while and that was right there in the feedback forum litterally took me not even a minute to see some developer giving feedback or asking questions on how the players feel about something......

I don't understand where you other people are getting this other stuff from, that your opinions are getting locked up or rejected....

If you are reffering to me i didnt mention about my opinions, concerns and questions getting locked or rejected. Clearly said that getting removed. Now if you bother read what Sebastian does say in that post you will see how much he apreciates his playerbase and what kind of answers giving to their questions that clearly unterestimate our intelligence.

Lets have a look will we?

Developer

Rep Power: 0 Sebastian Persson is an unknown quantity at this point!!

All of the above marked with a X is already in the system. But apparently it does not affect it much enough since you can't feel the difference.

WTF should complicated system that dont make a difference to the player and are not even noticeable should be ingame? My guess is to have more packages sending from the server to the client and the other way around, which serves.... hmmm no one? My guess will be that Sebastian is feeding playerbase  with crap talking about complicated systems that are ingame, are very hard to code or fix but still they dont make any difference.... 

The mounts are very hard to balance since there are so many variations.

As a player i couldnt care less. Work harder, overnight, hire more staff and fix the mounts ingame. They used to work fine before Dawn but your general idea about breeding system made you implement a non functional slappy, poorly designed  placeholder which are the mounts atm and as far as i know Breeding and full systems are not in the game yet tm after more than half a year .

Is the general feeling still that mounts should NOT have a as wide variety of speeds? You want the slowest horse to move a bit faster and the fastest horse to move a bit slower making speed not the ONLY important thing?

On top of that the swift riding and riding itself increase the speed with 20% if they are both maxed. 

No it doesnt. Riding affects stamina control when you ride. Swift riding doesnt make no difference at all after Dawn. Easy to check with 2 chars one with riding+swift riding and one with riding only. But i guess if someone points it out he will make a dripple of the type "... Oh yes my bad, i meant 2% which is not noticeable in game since there are other complicated variables that actualy affect riding speed and guess what you have to find them by yourself cause thats what MO is about..."

If you are reffering to me i didnt mention about my opinions, concerns and questions getting locked or rejected. Clearly said that getting removed. Now if you bother read what Sebastian does say in that post you will see how much he apreciates his playerbase and what kind of answers giving to their questions that clearly unterestimate our intelligence.

Developer

All of the above marked with a X is already in the system. But apparently it does not affect it much enough since you can't feel the difference.

WTF should complicated system that dont make a difference to the player and are not even noticeable should be ingame? My guess is to have more packages sending from the server to the client and the other way around, which serves.... hmmm no one? My guess will be that Sebastian is feeding playerbase  with crap talking about complicated systems that are ingame, are very hard to code or fix but still they dont make any difference.... 

The mounts are very hard to balance since there are so many variations.

As a player i couldnt care less. Work harder, overnight, hire more staff and fix the mounts ingame. They used to work fine before Dawn but your general idea about breeding system made you implement a non functional slappy, poorly designed  placeholder which are the mounts atm and as far as i know Breeding and full systems are not in the game yet tm after more than half a year .

Is the general feeling still that mounts should NOT have a as wide variety of speeds? You want the slowest horse to move a bit faster and the fastest horse to move a bit slower making speed not the ONLY important thing?

On top of that the swift riding and riding itself increase the speed with 20% if they are both maxed. 

No it doesnt. Riding affects stamina control when you ride. Swift riding doesnt make no difference at all after Dawn. Easy to check with 2 chars one with riding+swift riding and one with riding only. But i guess if someone points it out he will make a dripple of the type "... Oh yes my bad, i meant 2% which is not noticeable in game since there are other complicated variables that actualy affect riding speed and guess what you have to find them by yourself cause thats what MO is about..."

You completely misconstrued what he said....Obviously. And yes if both are MAXED your speed should be +20% Not just learning them. As far as I know Swift Riding issue was a bug that got fixed when they moved to the new system.

What he ment by they are hard to balance isn't "It's too much work" it's about balancing all of them properly to have proper uses across the board. If one is the fastest it needs to have less stability, if one is way stable, it shouldn't be the fastest, if one can cary a whole bunch, it can't be the most stable or fastest, etc. That's what's meant by difficult to balance. It really isn't that hard to go into data and change stuff. You just can't make a horse that's a jack of all trades that everyone just uses. So they try to make them very close to each other so it's safer.

Would you rather people run around yelling "NERF THE PINTO QQ ITS TOO POWERFUL!"......Cause you'ed probably be first in line for that one.

You obviously have ZERO development knowledge to think that people feel the difference through packets....packets....that's just silly...What he's stating is that the systems are in, but they probably need to be tweaked since the player isn't noticing the difference.

I can see why your completely misguided comments get deleted cause they are so apparently off track from what is actually written it's rediculous. Like explaining something to a 5 year old.

That ...... you put there and what he is saying was that people wanted mounts to be more balance with one another and viable against one another, this was pre-dawn, they lsitened and made them closer to one another, and now people are complaining that they are too close, which loops back around to the "Difficult to balance" statement.

• GeroltGerolt Member Posts: 98

Firstly, this....

Developer

....was simply hilarious, thank you.

Secondly:

You completely misconstrued what he said....Obviously. And yes if both are MAXED your speed should be +20% Not just learning them. As far as I know Swift Riding issue was a bug that got fixed when they moved to the new system.

No. It used to work, now it doesn't work anymore. How can you possibly mix this up?

What he ment by they are hard to balance isn't "It's too much work" it's about balancing all of them properly to have proper uses across the board. If one is the fastest it needs to have less stability, if one is way stable, it shouldn't be the fastest, if one can cary a whole bunch, it can't be the most stable or fastest, etc. That's what's meant by difficult to balance. It really isn't that hard to go into data and change stuff. You just can't make a horse that's a jack of all trades that everyone just uses. So they try to make them very close to each other so it's safer.

Errr oh. I didn't know you were going to put up a Sebastian Persson defence. Well, who would have seen this coming?

I don't think you need someone telling you that all horses being the same isn't diversity though.

That ...... you put there and what he is saying was that people wanted mounts to be more balance with one another and viable against one another, this was pre-dawn, they lsitened and made them closer to one another, and now people are complaining that they are too close, which loops back around to the "Difficult to balance" statement.

Pre-Dawn? It clearly said "No it doesnt. Riding affects stamina control when you ride. Swift riding doesnt make no difference at all after Dawn." After Dawn, man. After Dawn.

Would you rather people run around yelling "NERF THE PINTO QQ ITS TOO POWERFUL!"......Cause you'ed probably be first in line for that one.

You obviously have ZERO development knowledge to think that people feel the difference through packets....packets....that's just silly...What he's stating is that the systems are in, but they probably need to be tweaked since the player isn't noticing the difference.

I can see why your completely misguided comments get deleted cause they are so apparently off track from what is actually written it's rediculous. Like explaining something to a 5 year old.

If you live in a glass house.. ;)

Originally posted by Gerolt

Firstly, this....

Developer

....was simply hilarious, thank you.

Secondly:

No. It used to work, now it doesn't work anymore. How can you possibly mix this up?

Errr oh. I didn't know you were going to put up a Sebastian Persson defence. Well, who would have seen this coming?

I don't think you need someone telling you that all horses being the same isn't diversity though.

Pre-Dawn? It clearly said "No it doesnt. Riding affects stamina control when you ride. Swift riding doesnt make no difference at all after Dawn." After Dawn, man. After Dawn.

If you live in a glass house.. ;)

I know Gerolt, I was stating that as far as I know, swift riding not working WAS A BUG with the new system AFTER dawn that was fixed (When you move to new systems sometimes you leave out modifiers that should be there). How could my statment be misconstrued at all. "As far as I know Swift Riding issue was a bug that got fixed when they moved to the new system." Which means, when they moved to the new system in dawn, it was a bug that it didn't work, they since then fixed it so it does.

Now that being said, the fact that someone would miss something so apparent is just.....well daft.

I think I would believe a developer over a conspiracy theorist who hasn't played the game in months.

I'm going to end this with a little tidbit.

For a game thats been out for so long, it's pretty barren, I don't think their handling of tasks, bugs, or feedback/communication is good at all. AT ALL. They need someone running PR like woah. And I could see how his post could be construed as whiney.

The game has a lot of issues, bugs, and general asshattery that up until these days only CCP could get away with.

However I do not feel that every single thread about the game being decent for what it is should wind up with consipracy theories and propaganda about how the 6 people or so at SV are swindling everyone for the giggles or creating accounts to hype the game. It's just silly.

Countering it with "Well you know I see they've fixed stuff and things are a bit more stable but I can't get over the porting issues" is much better than. "OMG THIS PERSON JSUT WORKS FOR SV CAUSE THAT GAME SUCKS TROLOLOLO" or "They are just stealing your money when you sub!" or "They are out to make a bunch of promises to make you pay then never fulfill them" when they decided to discuss some ideas they MAY do.

Well guess again and test again. My fighter has riding and swift riding maxed out. Was left behind on a race with a fighter with only riding maxed out and the only noticeable difference in our mounts (both jungle horses) was 41-43 speed and not sure anymore about the dexterity cause my memory fails to serve me.Exactly as you said IT SHOULD but its not. 

Even if this is the case is retarded that they implement a complicated half assed placeholder which will supposely intoduce variety in mounts and right after the terrible implementation in game and a couple of failed tries to make it functional they abandoned totaly the idea behind the variety leaving us with a broken system just to be safe. I dont think how's that safe.  

No i wouldnt mind at all. As long as it was working and functional and decently implemented in game. Your excuses sound very poor to me. Also would like to point out where is a single post of mine that i complained for something that is in game and works as intented cause you doing again your bashing propaganda and i m tired of it. 

I have close to nothing developement knowledge but really dont see what that fact has anything to do with the packs that my pc exchanges with the server while i m playing MO or any other online game nor that a guy (you in this case) from the internet have to point that out by using capital letters  especialy when he is commenting on something that had to do close to nothing with developement. How do you think you see in your monitors screen all the different commands you order your toon/ mount to do? With sorcery? How do you think different stats on base attributes or whatever go back and forward from your pc to the server? through thin air?  

Plain rude and insulting. But i guess you dont have anything to afraid of since its the internet that gives courage and enhances your good manners. 

From my point of view he doesnt do anything less by giving excuses and trying to somehow justify the poorly designed/ implemented mount system which is his child. Its not a coincidence that its broken for 7 months now and after a couple of tries (once they made horses supernatural and they could go in one breath almost everywhere and the second one its their current state which is completely retarded, frustrating and they cant even overpass a flower or a barely noticeable slope or even a fricken bridge) they left it as it is as they usualy doing and moved to other projects. And its being like that for more than 7 months. Whatever you think it is and as much as you wanna blame the community for it (i will agree that keeping the community happy 24/7 is a very difficult to very unlikely thing to happen but theres exactly where they have to put some thought and take some initiatives instead of leaving  broken mechanics ingame for a quite long periods if not forever) i say its innability by their side to make things right and that comes from total lack of clear mind, professionalism, patience, perseverance and objectives.

I know Gerolt, I was stating that as far as I know, swift riding not working WAS A BUG with the new system AFTER dawn that was fixed (When you move to new systems sometimes you leave out modifiers that should be there). How could my statment be misconstrued at all. "As far as I know Swift Riding issue was a bug that got fixed when they moved to the new system." Which means, when they moved to the new system in dawn, it was a bug that it didn't work, they since then fixed it so it does.

Now that being said, the fact that someone would miss something so apparent is just.....well daft.

I think I would believe a developer over a conspiracy theorist who hasn't played the game in months.

I'm going to end this with a little tidbit.

For a game thats been out for so long, it's pretty barren, I don't think their handling of tasks, bugs, or feedback/communication is good at all. AT ALL. They need someone running PR like woah. And I could see how his post could be construed as whiney.

The game has a lot of issues, bugs, and general asshattery that up until these days only CCP could get away with.

However I do not feel that every single thread about the game being decent for what it is should wind up with consipracy theories and propaganda about how the 6 people or so at SV are swindling everyone for the giggles or creating accounts to hype the game. It's just silly.

Countering it with "Well you know I see they've fixed stuff and things are a bit more stable but I can't get over the porting issues" is much better than. "OMG THIS PERSON JSUT WORKS FOR SV CAUSE THAT GAME SUCKS TROLOLOLO" or "They are just stealing your money when you sub!" or "They are out to make a bunch of promises to make you pay then never fulfill them" when they decided to discuss some ideas they MAY do.

Seriously you dont get it do you? Was working before Dawn and ITS NOT WORKING since then. Its not fixed. As for the next of your comments you are antitled to believe whatever you feel and whatever suits you better. But since you can have respect for your interlocutors because they are able to make a point where you fail at, you hastly jump on the offensive wagon and start bashing and insulting. You didnt add anything to the conversation but personal attacks and you continue chewing the same bubble gum even though its lost its taste and flavour and became like a rubber. Stating as facts things about me that i havent played the game for months that i m making conspiracy theories and bla bla bla. You know what? i would prefer to take the word of a developer aswell but unfortunately there arent any in the ranks of SV and everyone who is outside laughs hard with their achievements but i guess you missed legitimate posts of devs/ coders in official MO forums cause guess what again: their posts got locked, removed. Why i m forced to say to you again that i have canceled my subs around 45 days ago and since then NOT a single change has being made ingame appart from the changes that has being made for making right all the mess after the GM fiasco (but thats hardly progress in developement).

I m truly glad you came to enlighten everyone and judge whos posts, thoughts, opinions and concerns are decent and whos not. Too bad that your behaviour will not guarantee a free pass to stay and keep on bashing.