Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Online: Backwards Then Forwards

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The EVE Online blog has been updated with a new post called "Backwards Then Forwards" which, as the name implies, takes a look back at recent development and gives readers a peek ahead at what's on the road map for the future.

The look back begins with revisiting the v1.1 Crucible update from January which brought a lot of tweaks and improvements into the game. Players should also be seeing the team's efforts to deploy more frequent updates and hotfixes. Lastly, the EVE Online site has been totally overhauled with a more user-friendly interface and information system.

EVE’s developers are really getting into their stride for our upcoming releases. I recently emerged from many demos where the teams have been showing off their progress from their second sprint (short development cycle). I have to say that even at this early stage I think we have some great features, content and improvements for you coming up over the next 4-5 months. We are hoping to have a number of small releases as we go through February, March and April culminating in our major, war-themed release coming just before the summer, EVE Online: Inferno

Lastly, the post goes into some detail about how the team will be working to solidify the link between EVE and Dust 514.

It's a great update. Head to the EVE Online site to check it out.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• IngvarIngvar Member UncommonPosts: 193
    More user friendly site my ass, its a maze now
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

special place in my heart for this game-played 4yrs straight!

will revisit again soon

• QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432

Every time I see a dev blog it contains attention to something that has been asked for for years, I'm liking it.

Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4
  • QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432

Originally posted by Ingvar

More user friendly site my ass, its a maze now

From a general design and usability standpoint, it's a pretty big improvement.  From a "I don't like change in things I'm used to" standpoint, yeah, it's not as easy.

Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4
  • Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549
    The Dev blog is really a great big 'come on' to get people to go to Fanfest, because that's the quickest way to find out what will be happening in the next expansion. However, you can't begrudge CCP that, and it's an entertaining read.
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Originally posted by Quesa

Every time I see a dev blog it contains attention to something that has been asked for for years, I'm liking it.

Get ready to do a lot of liking. :)

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre