Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lucasarts called the shots with SWG and SOE cares about their fans

14567810»

Comments

• GravezGravez Member Posts: 249

http://www.mpog.com/gamelist.cfm/game/15/view/forums/thread/88811/page/1

First a request, to those of you using this thread as your personal battleground, please take it to PM's.

So, I wanted to clarify that we did, here at SOE conceive and develop the NGE.  We did so with the best of intentions, to try and make a better game.  No blame or buck is being passed.  =)

We can, and I am sure many of us will, debate for years on end whether this was a good idea.  Personally, I believe the concept of the NGE was sound.  Some smart guys had some good ideas to make the game better, Jeff being one of them, and they went for it.  A bold move and honestly, I am happy to be a part of a company that is not afraid to try something different.

Where did we go wrong?  Delivery, we failed in our timing and communication.  That is where we let you down most, SWG faithful, and for that I truly apologize. 

Brenlo Bixiebopper

Director, Global Community Relations - SOE

---------------------------------------------

It's a rough life, but someone has to live it.

http://soe.lithium.com/swg/board/message?board.id=swggpdiscussion&message.id=1039243#M1039243

• dokardokar Member Posts: 52

Originally posted by superniceguy

Originally posted by kobie173

EA are rich and powerful and lapping up all the gaming companies, acquiring licences of everything, wheres SOE and small companies are struggling, trying to do their best each day to survive.

You cannot possibly believe something this stupid. If you're pitying SOE as some "small company," you're completely off the reservation.

SOE is small compared to EA.

If SOE had $300 million to spend on a game, like EA,  they would not need to lay off staff.

Seriously what is the matter with people around here, with all this abuse

You know SOE is a division of Sony as Bioware is a division of EA...hardly a small company

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

EA are rich and powerful and lapping up all the gaming companies, acquiring licences of everything, wheres SOE and small companies are struggling, trying to do their best each day to survive.

You cannot possibly believe something this stupid. If you're pitying SOE as some "small company," you're completely off the reservation.

SOE is small compared to EA.

If SOE had $300 million to spend on a game, like EA,  they would not need to lay off staff.

Past experience with SOE and dear old Smed.  I'd hardly term it abuse, given SOE's history. They richly deserve being loathed and despised by so many people. 

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • kobie173kobie173 Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

Because you're posting things that are just absolute nonsense, that completely fly in the face of reality.

So I started to walk into the water. I won't lie to you boys...I was terrified. But I pressed on, and as I made my way past the breakers, a strange calm came over me. I don't know if it was divine intervention or the kinship of all living things, but I tell you, Jerry, at that moment ... I was a marine biologist.

• kobie173kobie173 Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

Originally posted by Gravez

First a request, to those of you using this thread as your personal battleground, please take it to PM's.

So, I wanted to clarify that we did, here at SOE conceive and develop the NGE.  We did so with the best of intentions, to try and make a better game.  No blame or buck is being passed.  =)

We can, and I am sure many of us will, debate for years on end whether this was a good idea.  Personally, I believe the concept of the NGE was sound.  Some smart guys had some good ideas to make the game better, Jeff being one of them, and they went for it.  A bold move and honestly, I am happy to be a part of a company that is not afraid to try something different.

Where did we go wrong?  Delivery, we failed in our timing and communication.  That is where we let you down most, SWG faithful, and for that I truly apologize. 

Brenlo Bixiebopper

http://soe.lithium.com/swg/board/message?board.id=swggpdiscussion&message.id=1039243#M1039243

/thread

So I started to walk into the water. I won't lie to you boys...I was terrified. But I pressed on, and as I made my way past the breakers, a strange calm came over me. I don't know if it was divine intervention or the kinship of all living things, but I tell you, Jerry, at that moment ... I was a marine biologist.

• SuprGamerXSuprGamerX Member Posts: 531

Heh , want to know why SWTOR ain't as popular as so called "experts" expected it to be?  Simple , and try keeping up with what I'm about to type ; 

Let's say Blizzard's so called Titan project releases and decides to close down WoW because of it , what do you think will happen?  Total chaos , people will be pissed off and leave Blizzard for good , therefor not even 10% of WoW's population will go in Titan which will be a MAJOR knock down to Blizzard. 

The same applies to SWG , if they let the game running instead of closing it down , I'm pretty sure SWTOR would of seen way more sales and would of looked more of a success. But by closing down SWG for SWTOR , it's like slapping the SWG playerbase by telling them "Thanks but no thanks for your support through the years".  Closing down a MMO for another MMO that looks pretty much like it, is a huge mistake because we should all know by now that "Looks" ain't always better. And if you are closing down a MMO for the same looking MMO that is suppose to cost millions , at least put some decent space combat aka EVE-Online style. Encourage the SWG playerbase to give SWTOR a shot , eesh. 

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278

Because you're posting things that are just absolute nonsense, that completely fly in the face of reality.

I can say the same for yours tbh

All this is is a batte of opinions. You could be right, I could be right. But where you (and others) lose credibility is that you (and others) insult me over mine, but I do not insult you (and others) over yours.

I blieve all the bashing is an attempt to try and stop me posting and / or to get thread locked / trashed to stop people posting their SOE love

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278

Originally posted by Gravez

Brenlo Bixiebopper

I know SOE conceived and developed the NGE, but still does not state who requested it to be done. LA still could have authorised the NGE to be done, and the delivery could have been down to LA as well, but SOE just did as they were told, and kept quiet due to an NGE and just accepted the blame here as could not say that it was LA due to the NDA, but they were still a part of it. Overall it was still LA and a SOE thing, with LA giving the ultimate green light. Without LAs OK, it would not have been implemented.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

"We treat customers like we treat families."

Boy am I glad that I am not related to Smedley.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

The thread, at this point, is repeatedly going in circles and has devolved into personal arguments. Locking it.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.