Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Have you seen this man: Brad McQuaid

teakboisteakbois Parlin, NJPosts: 2,154Member

Last seen:  Throwing Vanguard team under the bus, founding his own company that doesnt even have a name

Not sure Id ever put him in charge of a product again, but he knows how to create actual worlds.

Comments

• teakboisteakbois Parlin, NJPosts: 2,154Member

Also answers to Aradune (and may or may not be stinky)

• cybertruckercybertrucker Pensacola, FLPosts: 1,119Member
    I've heard that he is doing some consulting on EQNext. I don't know how much validity there isto that rumor though.
  • teakboisteakbois Parlin, NJPosts: 2,154Member

Originally posted by cybertrucker

I've heard that he is doing some consulting on EQNext. I don't know how much validity there isto that rumor though.

I dont think EQNext's producer is publicly known...that would perk some ears up if it was him.

Founding his own company made little sense, since he sucked as a CEO

• stayontargetstayontarget Tacoma, WAPosts: 6,068Member Uncommon

Last I heard (2010) he was in San Diego with a start up company that will focus on casual games.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• AdamantineAdamantine NowherePosts: 3,514Member Common

According to his now not very informative website, he does some facebook / social gaming stuff now.

Vanguard is a great game and I massively enjoy it, but what I really hate is that it never was a success and a worthy successor to it isnt visible even at the most distant horizont. If SOE ever shuts Vanguard down, I frankly believe I'll be done with MMOs. Just cant go back to what other MMOs offer.

• OberanMiMOberanMiM Chicago, ILPosts: 236Member

Although I'm still angry at what happened to Vanguard, i've realized this.

Brad is a briliant creative mind, but a HORRIBLE manager..

• kevjardskevjards carlislePosts: 1,463Member

Originally posted by OberanMiM

Although I'm still angry at what happened to Vanguard, i've realized this.

Brad is a briliant creative mind, but a HORRIBLE manager..

yep agreed.Vanguard is the best mmo around atm..he is a creative genious but i would'nt trust him with my bank account,but then again i dont trust my wife with it.

• QuirhidQuirhid TamperePosts: 5,969Member Common

One-hit-wonder.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• GorillaGorilla Posts: 2,202Member Uncommon

The Jolly Green Ranger? (Aradune).

Last I heard he had changed his name to Brad McGrind and was consulting to those making f2p's on how to make them more tedious and repatitive.

• VesaviusVesavius BristolPosts: 7,645Member Uncommon

Time has vindicated Brad's 'vision' IMO, especially for us guys that believed in it back then in the pre VG days.

But... yes, he was a horrible manager who had, at least then, obvious RL issues.

I am sure people like Jake Song would give McQuaid his props.