Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

After so many mmo-s only EVE ONLINE give me that adrenaline kick in pvp

palulalulapalulalula vukovarPosts: 655Member

Well, only game out there worth to pvp is EVE online, rest are just  respawn games for  kiddies. I really don't feel anything in rest of the games when i do pvp. Who cares if you die in wow, swtor, gw or any of this wow clones. You just respawn without anything to lose. In eve you lose sometimes days or weeks of hard work and this feels so real. Now we got another new  respawn mmo in few weeks or months and nothing will change. But it is ok., i do eve as hardcore player and rest of games for relaxing and  destroying my brain with stupidity

«1

Comments

  • Joshua69Joshua69 Greenfield, WIPosts: 953Member

    i get some crazy adreneline in League of Legends.

  • RaysheRayshe London, ONPosts: 1,284Member

    Its simply because losing isnt just a shrug, you are losing something. Other games with Territorial PVP make loss a little more than a shrug by making you lose the territory you lost. doesnt compare to losing you multi million dollar ship but its something.

    Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

  • ChilliesauceChilliesauce MelbournePosts: 559Member

    Originally posted by LadyNoh

    Its simply because losing isnt just a shrug, you are losing something. Other games with Territorial PVP make loss a little more than a shrug by making you lose the territory you lost. doesnt compare to losing you multi million dollar ship but its something.

    If you have insured your multi million dollar ship loss is something you will overcome easily and won't even feel it. 

    image

  • palulalulapalulalula vukovarPosts: 655Member

    Originally posted by Chilliesauce

    Originally posted by LadyNoh

    Its simply because losing isnt just a shrug, you are losing something. Other games with Territorial PVP make loss a little more than a shrug by making you lose the territory you lost. doesnt compare to losing you multi million dollar ship but its something.

    If you have insured your multi million dollar ship loss is something you will overcome easily and won't even feel it. 

    Well if is that faction battleship for example with faction mods, you will not get back10% from insurance

  • VolkonVolkon Sterling, VAPosts: 3,788Member

    Played Eve for awhile, trained up to building and flying Tengu's (2 characters), then one day I simply couldn't log in anymore. Not sure why exactly... just simply stopped caring. Spent significant time in wormholes, so there was no lack of PvP that's for sure, and did everything available in there from Sleeper sites to sucking gas and nibbling rocks, to jumping into low or null to see if someone was sleeping themselves... but I don't know. It's a good game, hell a great game, yet lacking somehow. Empty. Soulless.

    Oderint, dum metuant.
    image

  • FlaebFlaeb Cookie, NYPosts: 91Member

    Wow, I went back to EVE recently, and now I'm seeing A LOT of people returning as well. I guess the mmo veterans are just burnt out of the same modern mmo's companies are throwing at us, and EVE is one of the mmo's that stand out amongst them all.

  • CalfisCalfis Brooklyn, NYPosts: 352Member

    PvP in EvE is serious business:

    http://soundcloud.com/justinmead/pl-fuck-you-fuck-you

    DERP Supercarrier (2nd most expensive ship in the game) down:

    http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=12519023

    image

  • dave6660dave6660 New York, NYPosts: 2,543Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by Chilliesauce

    Originally posted by LadyNoh

    Its simply because losing isnt just a shrug, you are losing something. Other games with Territorial PVP make loss a little more than a shrug by making you lose the territory you lost. doesnt compare to losing you multi million dollar ship but its something.

    If you have insured your multi million dollar ship loss is something you will overcome easily and won't even feel it. 

    That depends very heavily on the ship and the mods.  Most t2 / faction / navy ships aren't even worth insuring.  Not to mention faction mods push the cost sky high.

    “There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

  • DarkPonyDarkPony RotterdamPosts: 5,566Member

    Originally posted by Calfis

    PvP in EvE is serious business:

    http://soundcloud.com/justinmead/pl-fuck-you-fuck-you

    DERP Supercarrier (2nd most expensive ship in the game) down:

    http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=12519023

    Indeed very serious business.

  • KiljaedenasKiljaedenas New Westminster, BCPosts: 468Member

    Oh yes, Eve has given me adrenalin rushes from PvP beyond anything I've ever felt before. There were several times when I was still shaking ten minutes after the fight was over.

    Where's the any key?

  • Mupp3nMupp3n EtunaPosts: 56Member

    Originally posted by palulalula

    Well, only game out there worth to pvp is EVE online, rest are just  respawn games for  kiddies. I really don't feel anything in rest of the games when i do pvp. Who cares if you die in wow, swtor, gw or any of this wow clones. You just respawn without anything to lose. In eve you lose sometimes days or weeks of hard work and this feels so real. Now we got another new  respawn mmo in few weeks or months and nothing will change. But it is ok., i do eve as hardcore player and rest of games for relaxing and  destroying my brain with stupidity

    I went into Low sec (and later on as I moved RANDOMLY around the stars into Null) I saw other players and immediately popped away or I went through a gate to the next system and like fled. Heart racing like crazy.

    This was in a Rifter @ 1500m/s or w/e

    I went into null later on, found an asteroid belt with cruisers and bcs. I engaged a BC. Got him down to like 20%

    Idiot russian in a hurricane comes and immediately shoots me down with his artillery. Luckily I escaped with my Pod.

    Son of a russian cant let a rookie be.

  • VIIKINGVIIKING PerthPosts: 42Member

    Yeah try Farming for a couple of hours in Mortal online you start traveling back with your horse packed to the rim then as you get closer to the city gates you see a pack of red tagged murderes. that gets the heart pumping.

    Waking up naked with a dead horse and all your possessions taken well that part not so much.

  • dave6660dave6660 New York, NYPosts: 2,543Member Uncommon

    After  a couple years when the rush wears off then try FCing.  I thought I became cold as ice in fights but my first time as FC my mind was racing in a thousand directions.  I felt like I was new again.

    “There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

  • GetzMangoGetzMango CT USAPosts: 178Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by DarkPony

    That guy must have lots of friends. <eye roll>

    Every MMORPG is AWESOME, until it's released!
    I don't want a game so much as I want a WORLD!
    --
    o·pin·ion –noun
    1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
    2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

  • Southpaw.GamerSouthpaw.Gamer Guelph, ONPosts: 572Member

    Actually one of the only aspects of EvE that completely fails in my point of view is the combat in general and that includes PvP.  If you wanted a real "Rush" you missed out on Darkfalls launch... now THAT was some intense gameplay.

     

    I have more fun trading / playing the market in EvE than fighting.  Only MMO I can say that about because I love PvP... hopefully DUST 514 fills that void for me within the EvE universe.

    Full Sail University - Game Design

  • CalfisCalfis Brooklyn, NYPosts: 352Member

    Originally posted by Bainwalker

    Actually one of the only aspects of EvE that completely fails in my point of view is the combat in general and that includes PvP.  If you wanted a real "Rush" you missed out on Darkfalls launch... now THAT was some intense gameplay.

     

    I have more fun trading / playing the market in EvE than fighting.  Only MMO I can say that about because I love PvP... hopefully DUST 514 fills that void for me within the EvE universe.

    When you talk like that it makes me suspect you never actually PvP'd in EvE. 

    image

  • JakdstripperJakdstripper logan lake, BCPosts: 2,126Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by VIIKING

    Yeah try Farming for a couple of hours in Mortal online you start traveling back with your horse packed to the rim then as you get closer to the city gates you see a pack of red tagged murderes. that gets the heart pumping.

    Waking up naked with a dead horse and all your possessions taken well that part not so much.

    i have to agree, MO and DF gave me biggest rush yet.

    I'm still somehow not able to get in EvE's combat. too slow and unexciting, or maybe i just have to resign myself to the fact that i'm just not a spaceship guy.

    DF has given me a few thrills but since fights have always been very lopsided, since i just don't have the stats of most other vets, i sort of stopped caring pretty fast. when you pull out your sword and your damage barely even registers on the enemy, you might as well just bend over and kiss your ass goodbye. when you have no chance, pvp gets kind of pointless.

     

    MO on the other hand, since i know the enemy has no unfair advantages (except for exploiters that is), the adrenaline is always palpable. victory or defeat is always just one mistake away. miss one arrow, or one sword swing and you have given your enemy the advantage. that and you spend almost not time "grinding" anything, you actually spend most of your time playing...emagine that!

  • ElderRatElderRat Syracuse, NYPosts: 899Member

    Originally posted by Flaeb

    Wow, I went back to EVE recently, and now I'm seeing A LOT of people returning as well. I guess the mmo veterans are just burnt out of the same modern mmo's companies are throwing at us, and EVE is one of the mmo's that stand out amongst them all.

    It is called "Retiring to EVE". Pretty much did so myself recently. Only other game I would play is shadowbane if it is brought back.  Cannot post a link  but some people are working on it.  (Still think the TOS should be over if the game was terminated but oh well).  Only Fantasy game that was similar to EVE in my  opinion. 

    Currently bored with MMO's.

  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Stone Mountain, GAPosts: 13,669Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by Bainwalker

    Actually one of the only aspects of EvE that completely fails in my point of view is the combat in general and that includes PvP.  If you wanted a real "Rush" you missed out on Darkfalls launch... now THAT was some intense gameplay.

    I have more fun trading / playing the market in EvE than fighting.  Only MMO I can say that about because I love PvP... hopefully DUST 514 fills that void for me within the EvE universe.

    It all depends what you're PVPing for in EVE. I find faction warfare uneventful, but i really enjoy taking a ship out to PVP hotzones and getting into frigate/destroyer combat. I also can't seem to get into alliance level warfare, but getting attacked when escorting a freighter filled with Ravens through hostile territory is a big rush for me.  My latest interest is Red vs Blue, which is a low risk but high engagement form of combat. 

    EVE, like UO, offers a diverse range of PVP opportunities and it's a matter of finding what works best for you and your playstyle. If you liked Darkfall's PVP at launch - which was a very FFA, watch-your-back and almost frantic experience - then check out RvB.

    There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

  • pmaurapmaura Orlando, COPosts: 515Member

    completly true becuase theres risk associated with it, with out riskl there is no real reward.

    Eve also changes all the time, alliances shatter and reform, yes its pacing can be glacial at times, but hey for the players in it we love it.

  • dave6660dave6660 New York, NYPosts: 2,543Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by Loktofeit

    Originally posted by Bainwalker

    Actually one of the only aspects of EvE that completely fails in my point of view is the combat in general and that includes PvP.  If you wanted a real "Rush" you missed out on Darkfalls launch... now THAT was some intense gameplay.

    I have more fun trading / playing the market in EvE than fighting.  Only MMO I can say that about because I love PvP... hopefully DUST 514 fills that void for me within the EvE universe.

    It all depends what you're PVPing for in EVE. I find faction warfare uneventful, but i really enjoy taking a ship out to PVP hotzones and getting into frigate/destroyer combat. I also can't seem to get into alliance level warfare, but getting attacked when escorting a freighter filled with Ravens through hostile territory is a big rush for me.  My latest interest is Red vs Blue, which is a low risk but high engagement form of combat. 

    EVE, like UO, offers a diverse range of PVP opportunities and it's a matter of finding what works best for you and your playstyle. If you liked Darkfall's PVP at launch - which was a very FFA, watch-your-back and almost frantic experience - then check out RvB.

    Fac war can get blobby at times but it's a great way to learn the ropes.  It's much less of a controlled environment than RvB.  It used to be interesting when a pirate fleet would jump into a fac war fight and make it a three way or a null sec alliance would hot drop us.  RvB is great for beginners because it's small ships and most of them won't pod you.  But since it takes place in high sec you don't have to be leary of neutrals or watch for cynos.

    “There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

  • MMOarQQMMOarQQ BoogalululuPosts: 636Member

    Originally posted by Calfis

    PvP in EvE is serious business:

    http://soundcloud.com/justinmead/pl-fuck-you-fuck-you

    DERP Supercarrier (2nd most expensive ship in the game) down:

    http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=12519023

     

    21 Billion Isk loss.. omg..

  • F0URTWENTYF0URTWENTY dsadPosts: 207Member Uncommon

     

    Eve online is boring. Fights are won before they take place, they are won when u decide how much isk u want to fit your shit with. The ship with the better mods win, with some minor rock paper scissors type one beats another thrown in.

     

    I would have less of a problem with the whoever fit their ship with more expensive mods wins / rock paper scissors gameplay if players actually had to earn their own isk. Instead people buy isk directly from botters through CCP.

     

    TLDR:

     

    Eve is a game where whoever fits their ship with more expensive mods wins, during a fight u press f1 and watch fireworks and see who wins. NO SKILL INVOLVED minus rock paper scissors ship types.

  • Angier2758Angier2758 Mt. Prospect, ILPosts: 1,011Member

    Originally posted by Sketch420

     

    Eve online is boring. Fights are won before they take place, they are won when u decide how much isk u want to fit your shit with. The ship with the better mods win, with some minor rock paper scissors type one beats another thrown in.

     

    I would have less of a problem with the whoever fit their ship with more expensive mods wins / rock paper scissors gameplay if players actually had to earn their own isk. Instead people buy isk directly from botters through CCP.

     

    TLDR:

     

    Eve is a game where whoever fits their ship with more expensive mods wins, during a fight u press f1 and watch fireworks and see who wins. NO SKILL INVOLVED minus rock paper scissors ship types.

    Mostly true.... a little more to it in terms of gadgets/tricks you can install on your ship.  Honestly if Eve had free control it would be THE game currently, but since its a clunky version of click to move.... it's meh.

  • WearacupWearacup Houston, TXPosts: 161Member

    Originally posted by Volkon

    Played Eve for awhile, trained up to building and flying Tengu's (2 characters), then one day I simply couldn't log in anymore. Not sure why exactly... just simply stopped caring. Spent significant time in wormholes, so there was no lack of PvP that's for sure, and did everything available in there from Sleeper sites to sucking gas and nibbling rocks, to jumping into low or null to see if someone was sleeping themselves... but I don't know. It's a good game, hell a great game, yet lacking somehow. Empty. Soulless.

    Welcome to outer space.

    Trammies need to stop polluting the MMORPG landscape. They already have enough games in which to emote hugs and sell garbage by the banks.

«1
Sign In or Register to comment.