Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How much would u pay?

2»

Comments

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

$59.99 per expansion.  If I am ridiculously pleased at something I may buy a cash shop fluff item just to support them once a month.  Gotta support the ones that do it right.

• $60 for basic, $90 for deluxe, $120 or more for collectors (depends on what's included with each).

I'm hoping that deluxe and collectors include extra character slots, some in game items (nothing earth shattering, mini pet and cool town clothes would be good), and for the collectors some cool physical stuff.

• thekid1thekid1 Member UncommonPosts: 789

€40 I never buy my games full price.

It also depends how the cash shop is. If you can buy stuff you have to grind for otherwise then I'm willing to pay €5 max.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

best bet would be for them to give us the usual 30 day in advance then start charging 5 $  a month (you buy minimum 4 month)

• HedeonHedeon Member UncommonPosts: 997

1 billion $!    or how much arenanet would cost right now....

• HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821

I know to many of you this might sound arrogant but try to look deeper into it:

You cant buy art with money, think of museums. They are accessible for everyone. And I think this should be the goal of future PC gaming: Create an experience for people, no matter their income, can afford and enjoy.

That is why GW2 is somewhat of a rolemodel with its 1time-buy-have-fun-forever-system. GW1 not so much, MMOS werent "that" popular back there like nowadays.

My personal opinion is, even tho I have the money and no, I am not a greedy mollerbucker - that games should be completely free. No cash required.

The ultimate goal on this planet - because it is calcualted multiple times decades back in time: That everything should be free.

• InFaVillaInFaVilla Member Posts: 592

Originally posted by Spiider

Again. I would pay zero. Why is it hard to get that I don't like the entire concept and all this hype around it being revolutionary. It is not. I would play it if it was free, as any other F2P I tried.

I hope it's clearer now (in case anyone cares).

Compared to the stale MMORPG market for the last previous years, making a AAA MMORPG that is very different from the norm, is a revolutionary approach.

• AuzyAuzy Member UncommonPosts: 611

Originally posted by 4bsolute

You cant buy art with money, think of museums. They are accessible for everyone. And I think this should be the goal of future PC gaming: Create an experience for people, no matter their income, can afford and enjoy.

That is why GW2 is somewhat of a rolemodel with its 1time-buy-have-fun-forever-system. GW1 not so much, MMOS werent "that" popular back there like nowadays.

My personal opinion is, even tho I have the money and no, I am not a greedy mollerbucker - that games should be completely free. No cash required.

..but then how would artists have supplies/time to creat their art?

Uhh... what?

Originally posted by Auzy

By carefully (because it can get abused) funding them for example or via subsidy (again abuse, I know). It is all possible if the gouvernment would lay more weight, more importance to art. Heck, every bit of history we know today is basicly art. And is only available because someone cares to keep it alive.

Well if you be precise museums arent free... yes, yes... behind the scene they are funded by taxes. God, I know every economic could probably twist every word around what I just said. I dont care, I'm an idealist. LOL! There's always a way.

You pay 1000 $ with your ideals - I pay 1 $ with my ideals.

iDeal!

• AuzyAuzy Member UncommonPosts: 611

By carefully (because it can get abused) funding them for example or via subsidy (again abuse, I know). It is all possible if the gouvernment would lay more weight, more importance to art. Heck, every bit of history we know today is basicly art. And is only available because someone cares to keep it alive.

Well if you be precise museums arent free... yes, yes... behind the scene they are funded by taxes. God, I know every economic could probably twist every word around what I just said. I dont care, I'm an idealist. LOL! There's always a way.

iDeal!

I guess, I like free...but theres always a catch with "free" MMO's.  

These games cost millions to make and a rediculous amount of man hours to produce.

They are a business and I fully understand forking over some $ for (hopefully) countless hours of entertainment.

Uhh... what?

• SanHorSanHor Member UncommonPosts: 336

$300 for GW2.

The game will cost around $60 but you can send the rest to me.

iDeal!

I guess, I like free...but theres always a catch with "free" MMO's.  

These games cost millions to make and a rediculous amount of man hours to produce.

They are a business and I fully understand forking over some $ for (hopefully) countless hours of entertainment.

Yeah with free I mean really free. Not Free2play. Yack! Worst concept in the last years ever invented...

I know, sure. But you can show your gratitude not only with money, you know? Just saying. Wanna know what I do if a game really brings me further in my mind because it was so amazing? Lorewise or gameplay-wise - I like to write developers a personal Email about my opinion and my respect to the game.

I believe everything holds balance that way, paying and contributing otherwise.

Btw did you know? In all the offers of companies I have noticed over the last years who came up with the idea to let the customer decide how much they want to pay - in the end, they made much more cash, than with a regular price. And thats the point! Most companies are afraid of this model. Its easy to see: Fooling customers.

Wow that was offtopic! Night!

• ButregenyoButregenyo Member UncommonPosts: 483

collectors edition + 40 character slots