Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Aggro in guild wars 2

frestonfreston orensePosts: 521Member

Just saw the video of 2 norns (engineer and mesmer ) taking out an icedrake. It was fun watching how they took turns tanking it so the other  had time to self heal.

I prefer it to traditional tanking, but the agro mechanics did not seem too clear to me. At first i thought they had introduced some kind of aggro decay system (accumulated aggro would lower automatically if you spent a few secs without hitting the mob) but ive readen in guild war wiki that range to the target is going to be the primary agro factor.

I suppose it must be more complicated than that, although it could also explain wht i saw in the video. Personally i would prefer aggro decay as it would allow for more complexity. Has anybody got more info on the subject?

Comments

• fonyfony hempstead, NYPosts: 755Member

for simple npc's like creatures it's basically just proximity. human npc's and bosses have other factors like damage and such. also sometimes they'll just try and kill the weakest player around or the one with the lowest armor rating, it varies depending on the mobs, but for most creatures it's proximity mainly.

• EpicentEpicent Pierre Part, LAPosts: 647Member

Originally posted by freston

Just saw the video of 2 norns (engineer and mesmer ) taking out an icedrake. It was fun watching how they took turns tanking it so the other  had time to self heal.

I prefer it to traditional tanking, but the agro mechanics did not seem too clear to me. At first i thought they had introduced some kind of aggro decay system (accumulated aggro would lower automatically if you spent a few secs without hitting the mob) but ive readen in guild war wiki that range to the target is going to be the primary agro factor.

I suppose it must be more complicated than that, although it could also explain wht i saw in the video. Personally i would prefer aggro decay as it would allow for more complexity. Has anybody got more info on the subject?

can u link the vid please?

• BunksBunks New Port Richey, FLPosts: 960Member

distance = aggro

• frestonfreston orensePosts: 521Member

i think it was http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM9ybzgR0Ik the icedrake fight is some kind of wandering de at the end of the video

• jondifooljondifool cphPosts: 1,114Member

Originally posted by freston

you also have to remember that everytime a clone is summoned the mesmer is breaking being targeted, tricking a new calculation on who to target. Thats making esactly that video a little more confusing to watch.

read how to create a succesfull mmo before posting about GW2. And read tao of ArenaNet before talking about innovation in GW2