Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 and/or TERA can they help save MMOs?

13»

Comments

• Timeout77Timeout77 Member Posts: 177

I think both GW2 and TERA have a good chans of moving the genre forward.

I havent played GW2, but the more I see and read the more exited I get about it.

I have played TERA. Combat is its main Innovation, but putting that aside TERA also brings back NO Faction system, Better crafting then most other themeparks, A high Focus on your guild, you can just like in lineage2 upload your own ICON. So everyone can see your uniqe guild tag. Guild leveling, guild vs guild wars, Outlaw system. Less load screens, more open world. These things have been done before but we havent seen them in years. Last time I could move on foot or mount from one zone to another without having to watch a loading screen was when I played World of Warcraft and Lineage2 back in 2003-2006... EvE is open world but you still have to load betwen the star systems, it goes fast but its still a load... WAR, SWTOR, AOC and Lotro all had loading screens in one way or another.

• nikoliathnikoliath Member UncommonPosts: 1,154

Originally posted by Mannish

The genre does not need to be saved. If you cant find a game to enjoy then its just not for you. /thread

QFT