Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Press beta videos - 20th feb

Comments

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Great thread! Stickying it for now!

• El-HefeEl-Hefe Member UncommonPosts: 760

Originally posted by DeaconX

Originally posted by brody71

Originally posted by Master10K

MikeB's BFF Report is up.

WATCH NOW

i thought mike did a good video.  im concerned though because he says the holy trinity exsists and the dynamic events just repeat ala Rift.

The holy trinity doesn't exist - not really.  Every class is self sufficient.  HOWEVER, if you wanted to focus on healing because you love playing party healer, you could do that.  So in that sense, people could set themselves up to fit a trinity role.

As for the dynamic events - yes they will repeat.  But you have to keep in mind an area has MANY MANY different dynamic quests that will play out, so it's not likely you'll always be seeing the same thing.  Also, if you can recognize a quest event you've already done from far away, move along unless you had fun and wanna do it again :)

ah, i see.  thanks :)

I've got the straight edge.

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

Ok I have watched and read everything available so far.  All I can say is damnit.  I was trying to not get hyped until a day before launch.  Now I will have to think about Gulid Wars 2 at least three times a day and wake up in the middle of the night wondering if I will be able to play when I wake up.

Now I have to avoid talking to friends about it and coming off as a massive fanboy...  Whoever on the team decided the WvWvW idea was needed and went full steam into developing it I want to own a statue of them.  I mean do these devs actually read sites like this and understand what we want?  My mind is blown.

• UtukuMoonUtukuMoon Member Posts: 1,066

This is french but it shows the WvW map game play,watch in HD and it looks freaking great.This vid really gives you an idea of the vastness of the myst.

Read the general speech chat box..

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/gaming-live/0001/00018092/guild-wars-2-pc-2-4-le-mode-world-vs-world-00004665.htm

You also have 45 mins here..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzQCi7c0DuY

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

I was kind of underwhelmed at the videos I was watching...until I saw the BFF report one hosted by Mike B aka Fony...I'm so hyped right now I'm trying to sit still!
    Best condensed video of this past weekend so far, for me.

Nvm, watching Mike B's videos on YouTube. Not underwhelmed any more ^^

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

WATCH NOW

His was by far one of the best videos up so far.  

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Originally posted by Sylvarii

This is french but it shows the WvW map game play,watch in HD and it looks freaking great.This vid really gives you an idea of the vastness of the myst.

Read the general speech chat box..

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/gaming-live/0001/00018092/guild-wars-2-pc-2-4-le-mode-world-vs-world-00004665.htm

You also have 45 mins here..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzQCi7c0DuY

HOLY CRAP! That shows so much in the 1st 5mins and it's not even combat.

BTW... I've made a great compilation thread over on Gamebreaker.tv. You should copy & paste it onto here OP.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

Originally posted by Homitu

WATCH NOW

His was by far one of the best videos up so far.  

I really don't see how any MMO fan couldn't get hyped about most of what's covered in this video

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

So far, the best videos I've seen have been from Europe. IGN is good and Mike B, but a lot of the other US produced videos have been lacking. Either sub-par PCs, no idea of what to present and how to present it, or both. Hopefully more stuff will be pushed through out the day and even the days ahead.

I love what I've seen of the game, but just wish there were more quality video efforts from the invited press.

Oh, and I'm hoping there are tons of high resolution, high graphics settings screen shots out there as well. I thought we'd have been sauturated with them by now!

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• AcmegamerAcmegamer Member UncommonPosts: 337

Originally posted by fiontar

So far, the best videos I've seen have been from Europe. IGN is good and Mike B, but a lot of the other US produced videos have been lacking. Either sub-par PCs, no idea of what to present and how to present it, or both. Hopefully more stuff will be pushed through out the day and even the days ahead.

I love what I've seen of the game, but just wish there were more quality video efforts from the invited press.

Oh, and I'm hoping there are tons of high resolution, high graphics settings screen shots out there as well. I thought we'd have been sauturated with them by now!

Want to see a lot more of high resolution captures as well. Plus what systems the people are running who are testing. Hope to see maxed out settings and system info basically.

• RazephonRazephon Member UncommonPosts: 628

Looks like thats all we get for today.

Hopefully tomorrow we get more quality content.

Currently waiting for the MMO industry to put out something good.
  • GilcroixGilcroix Member UncommonPosts: 262

Anyone find a video with warrior heals, utilities, and elite skills ?  The Guru videos showed all class skills except these.

• BunksBunks Member Posts: 960

Originally posted by Senjinn

Anyone find a video with warrior heals, utilities, and elite skills ?  The Guru videos showed all class skills except these.

http://youtu.be/JWiwZNY0XPQ

this has a browse over of warrior stuff

• GilcroixGilcroix Member UncommonPosts: 262

Originally posted by Bunks

Originally posted by Senjinn

http://youtu.be/JWiwZNY0XPQ

this has a browse over of warrior stuff

Thats the one i watched, it shows weapon skills and burst skills but then cuts to thief before showing heals,utilities and elites for warrior. image

GWonline.net also did skills and traits for 7 classes, guess which class they skipped . . . I'm sensing a conspiracy here. image

• Vore_TechzVore_Techz Member Posts: 122

This is a tresure trove of videos that will keep me busy for awhile.

Thanks! :D

(>^_^)> MMO Veteran <(^_^<)
    Currently Playing: Tera Online

• EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

Nice one, too much eye candy, kept me up far past my bed time last night :)

• BunksBunks Member Posts: 960

Dont know if you still need this sin, but warrior stuff is finally up

http://youtu.be/IU9g-mIgTEQ

Warrior PvP from Curse

• DecoyTrooperDecoyTrooper Member Posts: 239

Originally posted by Razephon

Warrior PvP from Curse

poor warrior lmao

Originally posted by DecoyTrooper

Originally posted by Razephon

Warrior PvP from Curse

poor warrior lmao

Clicker, not 1 kill.....

Frankly it was obvious he didn't know what he was doing. 

The one thing that worries me is that not a single person was using their own keybinds. All videos I've seen are 1-0 default binds...

• christwoodchristwood Member UncommonPosts: 66

Here's my list of GW2 beta footage and information. Maybe there's something you've missed. ;)

http://www.gw2camp.com/headlines/161-the-floodgates-have-opened-over-50-videos.html

• CacaphonyCacaphony Member Posts: 738

Did not see a crafting video on your list, though I could have missed it. In any case, here is a nice 12 minute video about crafting in GW2!

Crafting! -covers weaponsmith and armorsmith.

I posted the Youtube video, but it was originally found on Massively.com.

• christwoodchristwood Member UncommonPosts: 66

Oh, yeah. It could be in one of the articles I've linked. But crafting's a pretty important one, so I added it to the list as well. Thanks.

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

Anyone come across any videos covering the mini-games?  Wondering if those were off limits for now.  I know I saw some people run by the archery game in Divinity's Reach.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.