Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Short review/information on this game

Clypto75Clypto75 Member UncommonPosts: 70

I was searching for a game to play after cancelling my account in another game. Tried about four games before trying this one, hardly any post here on the forums but I decided to give the game a go anyways.

I am really enjoying it at the moment, instancing put me off at first but I got use to it. It really is like Guild Wars with a better learning curve in my opinion. Graphics arent to shabby either, quest text is hilarious at times. Bunch of references in the game to movies and other things as well.

I think the game should be looked at more by players! Seen a few post about Nexon being a evil thing but I am ignorant to it so Idk what thats really all about. I am only level 20 so far, just going to share my experience on things for anybody else reading.

Graphics - Pretty standard, anime-ish, sort of kiddy but the animation on the combat is really cool. Lots of color in the world, has weather effects as well. I would say, WoW character meets LOTRO world (less detail).

Combat - The only type of game I have played with combat close to this one is a FPS. You point your mouse which has a crosshair like symbol most of the time, then build combos on your enemies using your spells/attacks. Pretty much moving your crosshair to where you want your attack to land. Sometimes your character will say some funny things when attacking as well, added some flavor for me at least.

Questing/Instances - Questing is pretty much questing to me, collect things, find stuff, save this NPC. The wording in the quest is what makes it fun for me, I like to read what quest givers are saying to me and my response. For the quest areas, they are like mini dungeons that you do your quest in. You can travel to them, select a difficulty (Easy, Normal, Hard, Master, Abyss), and enjoy yourself. The difficulty option adds flare as if you think its to easy, you can kick it up a notch for added mobs, XP, and a chance for better items to drop. I think so far I have been to two towns, 10 mini instances with 3-4 sub catagories each so about 35'ish places I have gotten to see.

Crafting - I havent done to much with this, most of your crafting material comes from the instances. You can also 'enhance' items in your inventory (ups dmg, stats), add bonus stats with sparks, or use the item in a craft recipe to build it up even further. Items are shown as +1 or +4 when enhanced, after +6 when enhancing the item does have a chance to fail and destroy the item you are enhancing with it so I recommend having a spare of the item  you are messing with just in case as I was weaponless once when I did it. :( Also, if you get above +6 on an item, I found the marketplace (Auction house) to be very kind in selling off the item if it wasnt for my class. +12/13's are rare and consider very quality items.

Marketplace (Auction house) - Extremely easy to use, shows you how much your item has sold for in the past as well. Downfall is you can only list 5 items at a time (cash shop has an item to increase this but I have been selling things within 2-3 hours I see no need). I am not sure how important gold is in the game, I am sitting on about 100g after playing with the AH selling/buying. Items that are extremely useful can be found anywhere from 1-5g which is nice for new players wanting to keep current gear/weapons. :)

They do currently have PvP in the game, I have not touched that part just yet though. They also have challenges where you have to survive so many waves of enemies, kill x00 of enemies without dying, and so on. This game also has titles you can obtain, some of which have stats. Best thing is, you can show your favorite title will enabling another titles stats to use which is nice.

I dont have much else to add, happy gaming guys.