Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tera has put a smile back on my face..

Comments

• Timeout77Timeout77 Member Posts: 177

Originally posted by EduardoASG

Originally posted by Cthulhu23

Using ridicuously oversized weapons.  Not being able to move on instant cast abilities.  Feeling like a pedo when you see the ridiculous little-girl races running around.  Furry panda-looking races.  Insanely boring and unimaginative quest.  World bosses that one player can solo.  

Ahhh yes, it brings a smile to my face too.  Or more like a chuckle.

dont forget.. running around like you have a back problem, the flashy colors and ayyys.. dam.. back to L2 all over.

Now serious.. and i have said this before.. why theese companies keep releasing over and over again the same kind of games, with almost the same mobs, classes, chars attacks etc etc beats me.

Its Fun? I kind liked how my Darkelf in L2 moved.. I thought it looked cool... But hey some people like more western cartoon style.. But some of us like the Anime style of these games. And above everything we like the freedom of the PvP in these games.....

But hey the game is not for everyone. But if you like Big weapons, blood flying all over. Not have to read a bunch of pointless bullshit quests. And like to actually Build a comunity with LIVING people this is the game for you. But if you like to run around solo.. do daily quests sit in Big city/Fleet wating for something to do then this game is not for you...

• ChilliesauceChilliesauce Member Posts: 559

I played the korean version last year, wasn't impressed. Tried beta wasn't impressed yet again. FFXI was the last asian MMO i liked and enjoyed for a very long time. Teddy bears and little girls running around wiht huge weapons..not my things anymore. Also i am sick of generic 'kill x' and 'collect 'y' quests and Tera devs didn't even try to make it exciting or different. 

Yeah combat is cool but need more in MMO than comabt to keep playing for a long time.

• El-HefeEl-Hefe Member UncommonPosts: 760

Originally posted by heartless

Originally posted by marinrider

Balls?! LMAO! TERA is not a true PvP game. For someone who has played UO and EVE, PvP in TERA is carebear. LOL @ these smug "PvPers."

TERA is not a real PvP game unless it has full loot.

Um... In the worlds Player v. Player I dont see the words "full loot." Can you explain to me how to be a "real PvP game" it has to have full loot?  I say this because GW1 had amazing PvP and was not full loot.

I'm not saying if its full loot it will be bad, but a game does not need to have it to have "real PvP" (whatever that means).

GW1 is not a PvP game. It has PvP. There is a difference. It's good PvP though.

Real PvP games have consequences. You want to be a tough guy and ruin someone's game time? Be prepared to lose your stuff if you get owned. Themepark PvP, like in TERA and WoW, has not consequences.

I just find these so-called "PvPers" who gank newbs with a full guild and act like tough guys funny, because I know for a fact that most of them couldn't survive in a real PvP game.

Don't take my post as me knocking on GW1 or WoW or TERA PvP. Personally, I enjoy competitive PvP, where everyone is on even footing. I just find these fools, who brag about ganking a few newbs in a no-consequence game, hilarious.

you are a little mis-informed here. nothing they have released about the pvp set-up for tera in NA is official yet.  The korean pvp rule-set had consequences. it is yet unkown if the NA rule-set will or not at launch.

I've got the straight edge.

• RaganaRagana Member Posts: 458

Originally posted by Timeout77

Originally posted by sinjin

Originally posted by Bigdaddyx

Tera players bitching about how bad SWTOR is really golden. lol

lol, see what they say a month after release will be priceless when the game is tera-bad and they really feel it out.

if the Pve Is terra bad its okey by mee I spend most of my time just hacking Mobbs.. goes faster to level that way.. Quest are really just in the way of my playstyle.

You do Know why we play Tera? its because of the promise of NO FRACTION... PvP.. and it has this far proven they will stick to it.

And Most theampark players Post 2004 that have grown up in these world were they were protected by the developers wont like Tera. Those that have some balls and want to fight other players and challenge themselfs will like it though..

Its just that there is something special about being better and Knowing that you can take it. I mean people Hate on EvE also.. you know why.. They just cant hack it...

Ps.. if you look at Teras forums there is a post about a little lost kidd who thought he was a PvPer becaue he used to pvp In WoW. But when he was going to get his mount a hole guild of people Face stompt him.. He cried like the little tab target Bitch that he is... Facts are though that soon after those same pvpers got chased across the world and wiped by better Pvpers... But the litte kiddy had allready left the server in Tears crying for E-sport games and fair gameplay....

FACT: If you have never played a real pvp game (EvE, Lineage2 for example) You are just kidding yourself if you say you like PvP.. The theampark Light PvP.. fraction game you have played have nothing to do with what REAL Men consider PvP...

Feel free to refrain from posting. Your PvP knowledge is a joke. Move along folks, nothing to see here.

Veni, Vidi, Vici

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

what REAL Men consider PvP...

whoa, whoa whoa...

Let's not go too far.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Originally posted by Sovrath

whoa, whoa whoa...

Let's not go too far.

I think this whole thread has gone too far Sovrath,  people are not allowed to have fun and enjoy a game these days.

/true pvp only resides on the forums in the form of bitching.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• dudeduder45dudeduder45 Member Posts: 67

Originally posted by stayontarget

whoa, whoa whoa...

Let's not go too far.

I think this whole thread has gone too far Sovrath,  people are not allowed to have fun and enjoy a game these days.

lol

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

Balls?! LMAO! TERA is not a true PvP game. For someone who has played UO and EVE, PvP in TERA is carebear. LOL @ these smug "PvPers."

Well I guess you and the other thousand people on the planet that enjoy full loot pvp can keep playing those you mentioned. :)

Tera looks OK. The combat is intriguing. I hope to get my hands on a beta key so I can check things out. I've become very gunshy about buying MMOs out of the gate lately...

Joined - July 2004

• FugglyFuggly Member Posts: 141

I tried Tera, for like 5 minutes. I will try anything myself before taking someone elses opinion. The game is horribly clunky, my thought within the first minute was "wow, this is a horrible mix of rift and wow". The interface was so bad, it was a huge turnoff. As soon as I realized it was just another static questline mmo,i quit. 5 minutes of my life i cannot get back, what a shame. It is my humble opinion the OP in this thread is not a seasoned gamer, does not have many varieties of games under thier belt and has very very low expectations thereof.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

whoa, whoa whoa...

Let's not go too far.

everytime I read some sort of complaint thread I just think of what my girlfriend said one night.

She asked me "so, what's going on at the m.m.o.r.p.g?

I said, oh, nothign different, just people moaning and complaining about how games aren't perfect or how some textures aren't photo realistic".

She then laughed and said "Don't people have perspective? Don't they remember space invaders?"

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

whoa, whoa whoa...

Let's not go too far.

Thats why its pointless in trying to argue with this people. I just say stuff to get them going and then just sit back and LOL at the replies. image

• El-HefeEl-Hefe Member UncommonPosts: 760

Originally posted by Fuggly

I tried Tera, for like 5 minutes. I will try anything myself before taking someone elses opinion. The game is horribly clunky, my thought within the first minute was "wow, this is a horrible mix of rift and wow". The interface was so bad, it was a huge turnoff. As soon as I realized it was just another static questline mmo,i quit. 5 minutes of my life i cannot get back, what a shame. It is my humble opinion the OP in this thread is not a seasoned gamer, does not have many varieties of games under thier belt and has very very low expectations thereof.

just because someone else likes a game that you dont like. does not make your opinion any more valid than his. 

I've got the straight edge.

• XarnthalXarnthal Member Posts: 130

REAL Men consider PvP...

Since when does full loot entitle it to real PvP? I've played Darkfall, UO, and Eve for 10+ years collectively. I still consider TERA to be a better PvP game than anything else that has come out recently. Eve PvP would rank below TERA as well, as it really wasn't that fun.

All full loot means in a game is that you're a masochist, it has nothing to do with the PvP mechanics or how great of a PvP game it is. Some of us(me included) prefer full loot, but it doesn't make the PvP any better.

Sennheiser
    Assist
    Thage

• Deron_BarakDeron_Barak Member Posts: 1,136
    Regardless of which PvP is "real", though if your battling another player I'd say that fits the requirement, being a "real man" has nothing to do with your preferred style of play.

I'm not speaking to those that are already grown enough to know better than that but at any adolescent eyes that may be reading. In fact being over assertive and aggressive points to deficiencies and the attempt to compensate.

Just not worth my time anymore.

• ZebladeZeblade Member UncommonPosts: 931

I read someone said "brings a change I needed"... I am trying to figure out what change TERA has made. Other then not having tons of instances its very boring and WOW easy. 20 and up just spam a button and 7/10 times NEVER get hit. But man its like going back in time.. kill this kill that over and over..just gets boring. Like I have said before what kills it for me is how players can say anything they want and no one stops them.

Sorry but stepping back TERA has nothing new to offer. Combat is fun, PVP fun.. but lets come back from la la land. This mmo is already a year old. The updates will come very very slowly.

• ShadowdawnzShadowdawnz Member UncommonPosts: 201

I think this thread is funny. First time I read every post for 5 pages. If it was 10 or 15 i'd still read every post. 

I find it hilarious, where everyone is throwing their opinions like it should be taken seriously like facts. People need to release the tension they've built up in their private areas... It's just a game. To me, almost all your opinions are just goat talk. Whether you support the game or not.

But... freedom of expression and good entertainement.. carry on

Btw OP, thanx for your review. I think, the game has great potential.

:P

• Deron_BarakDeron_Barak Member Posts: 1,136
    That was me Zeblade and I said it because it's true. It's a quality, fully featured MMO with twitch combat and high fantasy artstyle. People can harp on the quest system all they want but it's similar to every MMO that's been released to date. The difference is indeed the combat since 75%+ of your quest objectives are completed via combat

Just not worth my time anymore.

• LordRelicLordRelic Member Posts: 281

I love how people complain about quests " collect 10 *** "  " Kill 15 *** "  yet i dont see them come up with any new and exciting quests themselfs..  Explain to me what a better quest would be?  go kill 1 *** ?  or go look at this tree?  tell me what you would do?

no matter what you say a quest will always have kill this or get that or protect this or destroy that...   That is what these games are about killing and looting .... if you can come up with something better please let me know.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Originally posted by Deron_Barak

That was me Zeblade and I said it because it's true. It's a quality, fully featured MMO with twitch combat and high fantasy artstyle. People can harp on the quest system all they want but it's similar to every MMO that's been released to date. The difference is indeed the combat since 75%+ of your quest objectives are completed via combat

Agreed Derek I've done the same quest style in every game, so why do I care if TERA has it with all the better combat and the graphics are superior to any MMO out there, nobody can deny that. Not only are the graphics really detailed, the dynamic lighting is incredible and almost all trees/grass sways and moves.

The extreme guild involvement in this game also peaks my interest quite a lot. I'll be joining a big guild and seeing where it takes me in the future for sure.

• SevensoddSevensodd Member Posts: 322

Originally posted by sinjin

lol, see what they say a month after release will be priceless when the game is tera-bad and they really feel it out.

if the Pve Is terra bad its okey by mee I spend most of my time just hacking Mobbs.. goes faster to level that way.. Quest are really just in the way of my playstyle.

You do Know why we play Tera? its because of the promise of NO FRACTION... PvP.. and it has this far proven they will stick to it.

And Most theampark players Post 2004 that have grown up in these world were they were protected by the developers wont like Tera. Those that have some balls and want to fight other players and challenge themselfs will like it though..

Its just that there is something special about being better and Knowing that you can take it. I mean people Hate on EvE also.. you know why.. They just cant hack it...

Ps.. if you look at Teras forums there is a post about a little lost kidd who thought he was a PvPer becaue he used to pvp In WoW. But when he was going to get his mount a hole guild of people Face stompt him.. He cried like the little tab target Bitch that he is... Facts are though that soon after those same pvpers got chased across the world and wiped by better Pvpers... But the litte kiddy had allready left the server in Tears crying for E-sport games and fair gameplay....

FACT: If you have never played a real pvp game (EvE, Lineage2 for example) You are just kidding yourself if you say you like PvP.. The theampark Light PvP.. fraction game you have played have nothing to do with what REAL Men consider PvP...

OMG you played UO and EVE?  What a total badass

• L3nnyGpL3nnyGp Member UncommonPosts: 153

Really?! After 5 mins of game play, with having - what 1-2 skills you start with... C'mon why are you even posting in TERA forums?

You don't lke TERA, go play something you do like and leave the people that do enjoy and like playing TERA in peace.

I don't see how TERA is clunky, I don't have that problem.. It might be a problem with your PC / Hardware / software - not being able to handle the system requirements and Unreal Engine 3.  (I don't need to know your specs either, I'm just sayin - most people lie about it anyway)

Interface is fine the way it is, you can shrink, darken, change the color and move just about eveything there. What more could you want?

Hmm..again - what part of TERA is the same as RIFT or WOW? The quest system? How else would you know a NPC has a quest and where to turn in it at... Alot of people hate reading in MMOs, so they make it easy for those people and give them locations to finish the quest. Simple..yes it is, but its an option you don't have to use.

TERA is an Action-MMOrpg, not a tab target MMO like RIFT and WOW = not the same. For someone whos only played the game for 5 mins, you sure talk like you know everything. Especially talking about the OPs opinion on TERA, automatically makes him not a seasoned gamer...because its not what YOU like. Just wow...

Some people just can't adapt and change if something different comes along in a game / MMO, so the first reaction is to hate and bash the game... Why?

Everyone is entitled to his / her opinon, but don't be  "That guy." who plays and judges a game for "5 mins" without really seeing and exploring what TERA and any given MMO has to offer and without giving it a chance.

So you've wasted 5 mins of your life, well you do that playing games regardless hah... You just either enjoy it or you don't. Every game as its ups and downs, TERAs combat is just one of the many ups! 

-Cheers

• albaficassalbaficass Member Posts: 101

SWTOR is BAD

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Originally posted by NexGenNSA26

*Extremely long response goes here*

When it comes to posts like that, it's almost certain it is a troll, don't get too worked up about it. This guy just wants to see some Internet drama.

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

Originally posted by marinrider

Um... In the worlds Player v. Player I dont see the words "full loot." Can you explain to me how to be a "real PvP game" it has to have full loot?  I say this because GW1 had amazing PvP and was not full loot.

I'm not saying if its full loot it will be bad, but a game does not need to have it to have "real PvP" (whatever that means).

GW1 is not a PvP game. It has PvP. There is a difference. It's good PvP though.

Real PvP games have consequences. You want to be a tough guy and ruin someone's game time? Be prepared to lose your stuff if you get owned. Themepark PvP, like in TERA and WoW, has not consequences.

I just find these so-called "PvPers" who gank newbs with a full guild and act like tough guys funny, because I know for a fact that most of them couldn't survive in a real PvP game.

Don't take my post as me knocking on GW1 or WoW or TERA PvP. Personally, I enjoy competitive PvP, where everyone is on even footing. I just find these fools, who brag about ganking a few newbs in a no-consequence game, hilarious.

Know what else is PvP?  Chess.  Only getting mugged when you lose has never been a requirement.  Odd that PvP in a computer game requires divesting your opponent of their possessions for it to be worthwhile.  In most traditional games, victory is it's own reward.

Agree with the ganking newbs part though.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348

Moving from one zone to another and not having to watch a LOADING screen.. Man I have missed that.. dident even realise how much I actually missed that before I saw it happen.. Been so (censored) Tired of watching loadscreens.

Get an SSD.   It won't eliminate loading screens entirely, but it will make them much, much shorter.  Sometimes the game will even be ready for the next zone before you are.